No announcement yet.

Fibaro RGB module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after some more thoughts, maybe you could try this: select HSL, map the Hue component to your 1-255 color device, and the Lightness component to your Dim device, then create a virtual Saturation device which would have a 1-100 control/status range and which would always be set to 100.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Let me know how it goes.
      So far It's not going so well. I'm not new to imperihome or your plugin. But for some reason I can't get my newly created RGB device to show up in the app when trying to add it.

I created the device in your plugin I made the name "Test RGBW" and made a new group called "RGBW" so I could find it in the app.

I rebuild the cache on the pluing and reload on my phone and close and restart the app, I found the new group or room "rgbw" but it says zero devices in it and nothing for me to select.

What am I missing? How do we add a RGB device in the app?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        So far It's not going so well. I'm not new to imperihome or your plugin. But for some reason I can't get my newly created RGB device to show up in the app when trying to add it.

I created the device in your plugin I made the name "Test RGBW" and made a new group called "RGBW" so I could find it in the app.

I rebuild the cache on the pluing and reload on my phone and close and restart the app, I found the new group or room "rgbw" but it says zero devices in it and nothing for me to select.

What am I missing? How do we add a RGB device in the app?
        Have you selected a On/Off device in the device mapping column? you may need to do that.
        If that's not the problem, try to see if the device is sent to the app in the trace logs.

Comment

Have you selected a On/Off device in the device mapping column? you may need to do that.
          If that's not the problem, try to see if the device is sent to the app in the trace logs.
          Will do. I have a device in the on/off (even tried that switch that I have light plugged into) and that didn't help. I'll try the trace log next.

Comment

close...

Hi spud... tried this today and it's close!!!

I have no white... (FYI) channel.

See pic for configuration. I dimming selected, and the same option for each - the main RGB (fibaro) module. In the dashboard, I can turn on/off, and dim from this device.

when I create it in IH, I have the color wheel, and two sliders. Left slider seems to change the color depth (if that makes sense)... from deep to more white.

Right slider I believe is the overall dimmer. but it doesn't do anything when I move it within IH. HOWEVER, it I adjust the dim level directly in HS, the slider reacts within IH ... so it shows correct status from HS to IH, but doesn't adjust from IH to HS.

Make sense?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Tomgru; July 31, 2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I found that when using a dimmer (checking the box) for HSL and HSV my devices don't show in imperihome. Using RGB it shows up. turning off the dimmer on the other two it shows up.

But as you suspected I have tried different configurations and nothing comes close. Colors are all out of whack, sliders don't and throw it off further. Not sure if I can make some virtual devices to bridge the gap but it's a no go right now.

Comment

Spud, new version to test coming soon?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spud, you give up on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                    Spud, you give up on this?
                    sorry for the delay, I did not give up, I just need to find time to test and debug this properly.

Comment

sorry for the delay, I did not give up, I just need to find time to test and debug this properly.

Comment

Hi spud... tried this today and it's close!!!

I have no white... (FYI) channel.

See pic for configuration. I dimming selected, and the same option for each - the main RGB (fibaro) module. In the dashboard, I can turn on/off, and dim from this device.

when I create it in IH, I have the color wheel, and two sliders. Left slider seems to change the color depth (if that makes sense)... from deep to more white.

Right slider I believe is the overall dimmer. but it doesn't do anything when I move it within IH. HOWEVER, it I adjust the dim level directly in HS, the slider reacts within IH ... so it shows correct status from HS to IH, but doesn't adjust from IH to HS.

Make sense?
                        Just confirming this still works the same way. so close!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just confirming this still works the same way. so close!!!!!!!!
                          Sorry for the very long delay!
                          Could you test version 3.0.0.25, I think I fixed the Dim slider, at least on Android, see this thread for more information

Comment

Sorry for the very long delay!
                            Could you test version 3.0.0.25, I think I fixed the Dim slider, at least on Android, see this thread for more information
                            heck yeah!!! works great.

Comment

Working...
                            X