Adding new commands to skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new commands to skill

Is there a way to add additional commands to the Homeseer skill? Did they add the capability to their API so that plugins can do so? Sorry if I missed this, but I have been reading everything that I can about this and haven't seen it mentioned.

I would like to integrate Plex with my Fire TV so that all my local media can be watched with a voice command. I realize this might require a Plex plugin and I'm OK with building that (kind of shocked there wasn't one already).

For example, it would be nice to ask Alexa on my Fire TV:

"Alexa, tell Homeseer to Play The Bourne Identity" and it would connect to Plex and start playing the movie on the Fire TV that requested it.

or

"Alexa, tell Homeseer to Show The Bourne Identity on the Living Room Fire TV" (if using an Echo).

To get you going, take a look at my Alexa/Homeseer skill helper.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, but how did you get started? I previously downloaded your script but since it is encrypted I can't see how you added this functionality. Is there some documentation that got you started?

Comment

Homeseer pass Alexa's voice text to the script check_vcmd.vb

You can then process this as you like.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. Is that the onky solution available right now? I was able to get it working using the check_vcmd.vb script, but it isn't a very efficient solution. Going from managed code, loading a script, parsing it, and then executing it is much slower.

Does anyone know if Homeseer is working on adding it to their SDK? It seems that they could easily add it to their event callback system using the Voice_rec option.

Comment

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post
            Thanks Jon. Is that the onky solution available right now? I was able to get it working using the check_vcmd.vb script, but it isn't a very efficient solution. Going from managed code, loading a script, parsing it, and then executing it is much slower.

Does anyone know if Homeseer is working on adding it to their SDK? It seems that they could easily add it to their event callback system using the Voice_rec option.
            It is the only solution I am aware of. You will have to ask HST about their intentions.
            Jon

Comment

I understand and agree with your point. But, it is a few millisecond of a delay. In the grand scheme of everything we need HomeSeer Technologies to do, I would think that this is low on the priority list.

If it is that important then there is nothing holding one back from creating a better solution from beginning to end. It is plumbed with all open technologies.

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
              X