• Show
Clear All

New Modem/Router setup procedure

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

The router has zero effect on Sonos or Sonos PI as long as they all live on the same subnet. So if this router (or did you mean switch), is just to provide internet access and DHCP in the house, you are fine. If you however were thinking about multiple subnets in the house and use a router to route between them, than nothing will work, not Sonos, not Sonos App, not PI.

Clear as mud?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      The router has zero effect on Sonos or Sonos PI as long as they all live on the same subnet. So if this router (or did you mean switch), is just to provide internet access and DHCP in the house, you are fine. If you however were thinking about multiple subnets in the house and use a router to route between them, than nothing will work, not Sonos, not Sonos App, not PI.

Clear as mud?

Dirk
      Plugin's:

Comment

Who's the fiber to the home provider? If AT&T or Verizon than you have a very high chance that you have a product that, in another life, I was GM of and developed/managed/drove.

Enjoy.

Dirk

Comment

Who's the fiber to the home provider? If AT&T or Verizon than you have a very high chance that you have a product that, in another life, I was GM of and developed/managed/drove.

Enjoy.

Dirk
          Plugin's:

Comment

Take a picture of the box they installed, haven't seen it in 8 years, wonder how much has changed. Open it if possible, used to have user and provider door/cover.

Dirk

Comment

Take a picture of the box they installed, haven't seen it in 8 years, wonder how much has changed. Open it if possible, used to have user and provider door/cover.

Dirk
              Plugin's:

Comment

Unfortunately, that would make sense to me, as I was not aware of AT&T putting fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) in that area. They have fiber-to-the-node, which is an aggregator close to your home (done by my peer) that provides VDSL for the last mile. Quite a lot slower indeed than FTTH, too bad.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X