No announcement yet.

Simple scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really sorry Dirk. I appreciate you hanging with me and apologies in advance if it ends up being something stupid on my end.

I am an admin, I don't think there are any file instances opened. Is there a way I can validate homeseer is actually getting shutdown?

In the meantime, I will do a shutdown (as best I know how), do a file delete, reboot, verify no file, take a screenshot, then relaunch....

Comment

While I'm at it....should I delete the .ini.bak as well? Because that is not something I'm doing...

Comment

Ok - just did the reboot and see the same thing. I took a picture of the file system before the reboot (which didn't change after). Then I booted homeseer and low and behold, sonos.ini is back and the same logging errors as last time.

Pre booting HS3, I have a sonos.bak and a sonos.ini.bak. Maybe HS3 is doing a prefix match and somehow loading sonos.ini.bak as the sonos.ini?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
          Ok - just did the reboot and see the same thing. I took a picture of the file system before the reboot (which didn't change after). Then I booted homeseer and low and behold, sonos.ini is back and the same logging errors as last time.

Pre booting HS3, I have a sonos.bak and a sonos.ini.bak. Maybe HS3 is doing a prefix match and somehow loading sonos.ini.bak as the sonos.ini?
          Out of ideas, maybe delete all the sonos.xxx files, especially the sonos.ini.bak

Comment

Good news - I deleted all the files, then did the restart, and the ghost players are gone. Must've been doing a prefix match and finding sonos.ini.bak.

So now when Homeseer boots up all the problematic devices and player table, etc... are gone; they are replaced with a single Sonos Master Master that says connected. It did not go through and add devices for my five players though. IIRC the last one did it instantly but I think it could take up to five minutes? I will let it run and come back tonight and see where I'm at.

Comment

Good news - I deleted all the files, then did the restart, and the ghost players are gone. Must've been doing a prefix match and finding sonos.ini.bak.

So now when Homeseer boots up all the problematic devices and player table, etc... are gone; they are replaced with a single Sonos Master Master that says connected. It did not go through and add devices for my five players though. IIRC the last one did it instantly but I think it could take up to five minutes? I will let it run and come back tonight and see where I'm at.
              Well what do you know, suspect some secret sauce from our HS team at work here. Good to know, because next time I advice someone to delete the ini file, I need to tell them to delete all Sonos.xx files.

Don't forget to give firewall allowances to this version of the PI. Typically you got prompted the first time this PI was ran, if you can't remember (or you clicked no), you need to go into your firewall and allow hspi-sonos.exe to have full access to your Ethernet port .. else no devices will be discovered or no status will be updated .. or ....

Dirk

Comment

- it might just be sonos.ini.xx - but yeah. Good to know.

I checked out my firewall and it still already had the exception from the last time. But I'm not seeing the devices. I looked for the "rediscover players" button in the master, but not seeing it there either. Me being stupid this time, or hangover from the previous messed up state?
                Attached Files

Comment

- it might just be sonos.ini.xx - but yeah. Good to know.

I checked out my firewall and it still already had the exception from the last time. But I'm not seeing the devices. I looked for the "rediscover players" button in the master, but not seeing it there either. Me being stupid this time, or hangover from the previous messed up state?
                  Can you set both entries (which I suspect is the 2 different version of the PI) to have both private and public granted.
                  After you do that, put debug log for the PI on, stop HS3, start again, wait 5 minutes and cut/paste the log file.

Secondly, can you take a snapshot of the PIs config page (click on plug-ins->sonos->config). I'm interested in the player table which I suspect will be empty. Also at the bottom of that page there is a button "view Sonos devices", can you click that and take screenshot of what you see.

Just to confirm, the players and the HS PC are all on the same subnet, right? Simple test is to run the Sonos App on the same HS PC and see if it "sees" the players. If it doesn't, there is a network problem.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk. Did what you suggested. Confirmed that this PC runs the sonos app and can see all the players fine. (as did the previous version of the plug in before I got myself hosed by trying to upgrade).

Here are the results of the tests:
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    Log:
                    ~~~~~~~~~
                    Nov-28 8:42:40 PM Sonos Registered SpeakerProxy
                    Nov-28 8:42:40 PM Sonos SetDeviceStringConnected called
                    Nov-28 8:42:40 PM Sonos InitializeSonosDevices: Done Initializing Sonos Devices
                    Nov-28 8:42:40 PM Sonos CreateSonosControllers called but no devices found
                    Nov-28 8:42:40 PM Sonos FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 0 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                    Nov-28 8:42:40 PM Sonos FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 0 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                    Nov-28 8:42:30 PM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network CE3EFC62...
                    Nov-28 8:42:18 PM TTS Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer
                    Nov-28 8:42:18 PM email Email successfully sent to katiebeltrone@gmail.com
                    Nov-28 8:42:18 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: larrywal-main Instance: Default IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Nov-28 8:42:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Geofence Stuff Larry leaves work"
                    Nov-28 8:42:16 PM Device Control Device: PHLocation PHLocation Larry Work to Not Near (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Nov-28 8:42:04 PM Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: 172.18.81.210 User: larry.waldman@gmail.com
                    Nov-28 8:42:03 PM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
                    Nov-28 8:42:03 PM Z-Wave STARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.
                    Nov-28 8:42:03 PM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dirk. Did what you suggested. Confirmed that this PC runs the sonos app and can see all the players fine. (as did the previous version of the plug in before I got myself hosed by trying to upgrade).

~~~~~~~~~~
                      Log:
                      ~~~~~~~~~
                      Nov-28 8:42:18 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: larrywal-main Instance: Default IP address: 127.0.0.1
                      Nov-28 8:42:16 PM Device Control Device: PHLocation PHLocation Larry Work to Not Near (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Nov-28 8:42:04 PM Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: 172.18.81.210 User: larry.waldman@gmail.com
                      Nov-28 8:42:03 PM Z-Wave STARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.
                      Is anything missing from this log? I see that the debug flag is on but I'm missing a bunch of log entries. Was the debug flag set before HS was restarted? i don't see entries where listeners on which IP ports are started.

Going down the list of probable sources:
                      a/ does this PC have more than one Ethernet interface?
                      b/ if you go into the HS tools->settings, click on network tab, what is the "Bind Server to IP Address" set to? If different from (no binding), why?
                      c/ if all else fails, just temporarily disable all forms of firewall, restart HS3 and see it makes a difference.

Dirk

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~
                        Log:
                        ~~~~~~~~~
                        Also set UPNP debug logging back to "errors only".
                        Also the "auto update flag" is recommended to be turned on ... once you have players :-)

Dirk

Comment

SUCCESS! I think. I went through all the network config on my machine and discovered it had auto connected to corp VPN . Thank you, Dirk, for hanging with me and helping me through.

I need to run to work now so will let it configure itself; will play more tonight or tomorrow night and let you know if I'm able to get things re set up now that I think I have players back.

Comment

Dirk - players are working well. Now back to the original question.....can you help me understand the triggers for getting Amazon radio stations to play in the app? Will that work? I know you said playlists won't, but if I play a station from Spotify or Amazon Music, is there a way to get the plugin to learn those? I've tried a few things but can't get them to appear.

Comment

Dirk - players are working well. Now back to the original question.....can you help me understand the triggers for getting Amazon radio stations to play in the app? Will that work? I know you said playlists won't, but if I play a station from Spotify or Amazon Music, is there a way to get the plugin to learn those? I've tried a few things but can't get them to appear.
                              Unless something else is wrong in your setup (check error log), for sure Spotify stations the PI should learn and I just tried an Amazon prime station.
                              So make sure the learn radio station is set in the config screen.

Where exactly are you expecting them to "appear"?

Remember screenshot that are readable help tremendously.

Dirk

Comment

Hey Dirk - here's a screenshot of my event list, sonos player, and config page.

I'm expecting them to appear in the drop down for select radio station in the event list.

My tests have been:
                                * Go to sonos app
                                * navigate to spotify or amazon
                                * pick a station and play

I have also tried marking the stations as sonos favorites (that's what I show in the screenshot) and playing from there.

I don't see anything in the logs at all about these. Is there a different trigger I need to cause to fire to ingest?

Larry
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X