Backitude seems to be gone :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backitude seems to be gone :(

I had to factory reset my new phone and when setting it back up, I can't find backitude on the play store anymore. When finding it in a google search, the play store basically gives a 404.

I guess it was either pulled by google for some reason or pulled by the developer. I'm having my wife check her phone to see if it was removed automatically or not and If not I'm gonna pull it off her phone and put it on mine.

Yo! You're a clever coder! Write your own! Hell, I'll pay for it. Charge a few $ if you want.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Backitude is out there google it I just installed it today
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
        I couldn't find it, Android or Apple. Can you share a link?

Comment

https://backitude-gps-location-track...wn.com/android
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
            I meant to say it was pulled from the Play Store. I grabbed the APK off my wife's phone and now have a local backup I can re-install from. I'm not always trustful of the third party sites out there that offer up APKs.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              I meant to say it was pulled from the Play Store. I grabbed the APK off my wife's phone and now have a local backup I can re-install from. I'm not always trustful of the third party sites out there that offer up APKs.
              I acknowledge that Uptodown.com has a lot of volume but it has also had some bad reviews (virus).

Question is: why pull out of Play store?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                I acknowledge that Uptodown.com has a lot of volume but it has also had some bad reviews (virus).

Question is: why pull out of Play store?
                I don't know. I emailed the developer (who've I've been in contact with before about acquiring the rights to his code). I have yet to hear back. I don't know if he pulled it or if Google did for some reason.

I can tell you that it was in the play store when I got my new phone 1.5 weeks ago, so it is a very recent removal.

Comment

I use an app for Android called APK Extractor. I can extract it from my phone and post it somewhere if need be.

The bigger problem going forward is compatibility with newer versions of android. At some point, Backitude won't work, period.
                  Last edited by racerfern; December 14, 2017, 02:45 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                    I use an app for Android called APK Extractor. I can extract it from my phone and post it somewhere if need be.

The bigger problem going forward is compatibility with newer versions of android. At some point, Backitude won't work, period.
                    Backitude itself has not been maintained for quite some time. The developer had a kid and just didn't have time for working on that app anymore, which I understand.

He mentioned making the source open source, but wanted to clean it up first. I wish he would just release it though. I won't mind if the code is a bit messy.

Comment

Does anyone have the installer available? Setting up a new phone and of course I need backitude..

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Here is a link for version 5.3 which I believe is the latest available. I used an app called APK extractor on my Nexus 5X, obviously only for android.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t-...6FXJCZhAVQ5wXR

Comment

Thank you very much

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                          X