Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAV Overlapping TTS

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been discussed.. tried searching but couldn't find anything.. It's a difficult subject to search for.

So, I have events configured to announce when devices are turned on/off. One event per device.

IF Lighting Side Entrace Lamp has a value that just changed.
    AND IF The Group Conditions are all TRUE
    Then Play Audio File: Media\Chime.wav
    ...and wait for playing to finish.
    Then Speak Side entrance light, $$DSR:158:
    And Wait for Speaking To Finish

Now this works really well.. except when more than one announcement happens at the same time. For example I have an event to fire at sunset, turning on about 5 devices. The device itself fires off fine and everything turns on, but what I then get over the speaker client in about 3 chimes from the announcement events, then 1 or 2 TTS speaks, then another 2 chimes then the rest of the TTS.
    It seems that it's the "play audio file" part that is messing up as the TTS seems to do as expected, one after another. The chimes however seem to play when ever they can, often over the top of the speech.

I expected it to queue them, so I get..

Chime - TTS
    Chime - TTS
    Chime - TTS and so on.

Any advice much appreciated. Would get great to get the "Play audio file" to queue nicely like the TTS does.

Thanks

Give this a try:

ThenSpeak C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\DoorbellChimes.mp3|Someone is at the front door

It uses a "|" to separate the file and text and I believe you can extend it further. Note that you "speak" the command (needs the full file path) and don't "play" it. I haven't tried replacement variables.

Not sure whether you'll still need to 'speak' everything in one command or need several speak statements for what you are trying to achieve.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me.. It's showing in the log as run, but nothing plays at all.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm. I really hope that wasn't mistaken advice. I just realised I have 2 versions of my event. A test one and a prod one. The test one is configured like this and I thought it worked, but I am not home to test it. The prod one I actually switched from text to 'speaking' the file. That definitely works. I'll try it later if nobody else has 'chimed' in before that.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
        X