Triggering timeclock events from HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering timeclock events from HS?

I have some areas that have motion sensors. I've got them set up with timeclock events on the main repeaters that automatically dis/enable them at certain times.

Like, turn off the motion activated lighting in the master closet after 12 midnight, but re-activate it again at 7:30 am. This to keep anyone passing in the view of the sensor from having the lights come on and likely wake someone else nearby. As in, me walking around in later at night not waking my wife.

This works.

I'm interested in going a step further and using a sensor similarly, but for office lighting. Start/stop times offset from sunrise/sunset work nicely. Unless it's an overcast day. Then the sensors aren't active but the clouds have reduced the amount of natural light, and it'd be nice to have the sensors active again.

Supposedly it's possible to "trigger" a timeclock event from integration. I've got a conversation going over on the Lutron forum:

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...ll=1#post19057

Has anyone made use of this yet from HS3 via this plug-in? I do see your plug-in is bringing these in as timeclock events. Is it possible to 'press' one of these and have it fire the timeclock event that would then allow the sensors to work?

This could be a great way to use HS3 in-between some other Lutron gear... their LRF2-DCRB daylight sensors. Those speak the same RF, but the repeaters are unable to listen. There's a whole other kind of bridge for these, the QSE-CI-NWK-E. It's basically a main repeater, but with firmware that talks to the QS line of devices.

The starting point would be being able to interact with the timeclock events that start/stop occupancy sensor controls. So being able to call them from HS3... would be great!

While this is not Lutron specific, I use a schedule for motion controlled lighting as well as a "Low Light" virtual device. My motion lighting events will trigger if within the schedule or if it is low light. There are also other virtual devices that allow for local disabling of motion control (Motion Enable) based scene changes in HS-Wx100+ dimmers/switches and a device to totally disable motion controls (Motion Master).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1195476

I'm sure something similar could be adopted using the Lutron devices.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

In the integration protocol, it don't have any option for this.

In the Lutron forum they suggest to use the timeclock, you can create different timeclock that HS will activate.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        While this is not Lutron specific, I use a schedule for motion controlled lighting as well as a "Low Light" virtual device. My motion lighting events will trigger if within the schedule or if it is low light. There are also other virtual devices that allow for local disabling of motion control (Motion Enable) based scene changes in HS-Wx100+ dimmers/switches and a device to totally disable motion controls (Motion Master).

[ATTACH]66880[/ATTACH]

I'm sure something similar could be adopted using the Lutron devices.
        Sure, if you're ok with the lighting effects and speed that works. I've been pleased with the speed at which the Lutron scenes bring lighting up/down to be preferable than external controls. That and there's the stability factor of being standalone without the HS3 PC being directly involved. Not often a problem though. But the combined dimming and fade rates are something my wife already notices... and you know how that goes.

But for some outdoor stuff I have in mind... yeah, your scheme definitely looks like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X