Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fixed the background setting in build 420 which is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_420.msi

We tell all plugins to shut down, but its up to the plugins to shut down on their on. I will ask Bob to have a look at his plugins. I could kill the plugin processes, but if a plugin needs time that could break things.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I was not having problems, but I installed .419 to test. When I shutdown .418 it shut down OK, but 3 plug-ins remained running, they were all Blade's executables.

Also as I mentioned a few days ago, the option "Load plug-ins in the background on startup" is disabled, but HS still starts up loading plug-ins in the background. In other words, the selection has no effect.

After installing .419 HS shut down very quickly, but the same three executables remained loaded. I had manually closed them through task manager.

[ATTACH]66874[/ATTACH]

I restarted the computer and HS shut down more slowly and the plug-in executables were not left running, but all plug-ins still loaded in the background.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I too have issues with some of Blades plugins shutting down, and showing they aren't running but HS3 process is still using them?

Also some of his plugins will 'hang' HS3 if they don't work correctly (BLGData), I have to kill the plugin manually to 'fix' the issue.

Comment

Rich, is it possible to make this download available for Linux as well?

rm: cannot remove 'hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_420.tar.gz': No such file or directory
        --2018-02-19 12:24:20-- http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux...0_0_420.tar.gz
        Resolving homeseer.com (homeseer.com)... 45.32.195.211
        Connecting to homeseer.com (homeseer.com)|45.32.195.211|:80... connected.
        HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
        2018-02-19 12:24:21 ERROR 404: Not Found.

tar: hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_420.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
        tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
        Installing files

Originally posted by rjh View Post

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_420.msi

We tell all plugins to shut down, but its up to the plugins to shut down on their on. I will ask Bob to have a look at his plugins. I could kill the plugin processes, but if a plugin needs time that could break things.

Comment

That fixed it!

I also like seeing the plug-in initialization times in the startup window.
          Last edited by randy; February 19, 2018, 07:56 PM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you are having a problem shutting down HS3 please try this build and see if it shuts down ok now:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_419.msi
            Thank You, That fixed it for me (although not everything is shutting down)
            Attached Files
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hi,
              haven't test ver 420 yet but I was also seeing Blbackup not shutting down after closing Hs ver 419.

Stuart

Comment

went from .409 --> 420 but had to revert. I didn't realize right away but my UltraRussound plug-in quit working.

The plugin relies on local Com 1 port for communication. Tried some quick troubleshooting & didn't find anything. Picked right up upon the restore of .409.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm out of town after today and had to get it back in working shape.

Current Date/Time: 2/19/2018 5:39:53 PM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.409
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 25 Minutes 3 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.70.127
                Number of Devices: 455
                Number of Events: 108
                Available Threads: 400
                HSTouch Enabled: True
                Event Threads: 3
                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                Device Exec Queue: 0
                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                Email Send Queue: 0
                Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                1.0.63.0: BLLED
                2.0.66.0: BLSpeech
                3.0.0.33: iTunesDAAP
                3.0.6331.36036: UltraCID3
                3.0.6602.26187: UltraLog3
                3.0.6551.16372: UltraM1G3
                3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                3.0.6358.20184: UltraRussoundAudio3
                3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
                3.0.1.196: Z-Wave

Comment

More detail on the quick troubleshooting.

Checked COM1 under device manager - appeared normal.
                  Checked HS & Windows logs - no errors - all appeared normal.
                  Powered on-off the Russound hardware & checked the connections.
                  Of course, restarted the computer.
                  Within the Plug-in - options - there is the ability to direct communication to a different port. I tested by moving to another port, then back. No joy.
                  Disable - Enable the plugin and review log - no errors.

I recognized the lack of available Russound devices within the plug-in's settings page as a communication problem that has occured in the past when misconfigured.

Comment

For the sake flashing old files out can you guys save the licences.bin ( found in the Config directory) file then perform a repair and restore the licences file then restart the whole server and see if you still get the same faults?

I don't say it's a remedy but I happen to have BL plugins myself but can't replicate these faults.

Eman.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      More detail on the quick troubleshooting.

Checked COM1 under device manager - appeared normal.
                      Checked HS & Windows logs - no errors - all appeared normal.
                      Powered on-off the Russound hardware & checked the connections.
                      Of course, restarted the computer.
                      Within the Plug-in - options - there is the ability to direct communication to a different port. I tested by moving to another port, then back. No joy.
                      Disable - Enable the plugin and review log - no errors.

I recognized the lack of available Russound devices within the plug-in's settings page as a communication problem that has occured in the past when misconfigured.
                      Can you see my post at #1094? If so, have you tried that?

Just trying to help. I can't say it's a remedy!

Eman.
                      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        That fixed it!

I also like seeing the plug-in initialization times in the startup window.

BLBackup and BLSpeech still not shutting down for me
                        Attached Files
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                          BLBackup and BLSpeech still not shutting down for me
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Blade updated a few plugins recently in an attempt to fix this and they have been shutting down for me since. That said not all of them have gotten the special treatment.
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

.420 might have broke sonos

here is the log. I moved from .416 to .420 yesterday. I had to do the repair and replace my license.bin from a backup. sonos still is working by itself. windows10

Feb-20 11:37:00 AM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 120 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

Feb-20 11:35:57 AM Error reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_ALL_0.wav: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_ALL_0.wav' because it is being used by another process.
                              Feb-20 11:35:57 AM Error In SpeakToFile: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045012
                              Feb-20 11:35:57 AM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):The time is 11:35 AM

Feb-20 11:35:55 AM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 120 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

Feb-20 11:35:54 AM Error reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_all_2.wav: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_all_2.wav' because it is being used by another process.
                              Feb-20 11:35:54 AM Error In SpeakToFile: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045012
                              Feb-20 11:35:53 AM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 120 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                              Feb-20 11:35:53 AM Error reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_all_1.wav: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_all_1.wav' because it is being used by another process.
                              Feb-20 11:35:53 AM Error In SpeakToFile: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045012
                              Feb-20 11:35:52 AM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 120 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

Comment

I updated from .416 to .420 on Windows 10, and .416 was giving me no problems.

Upon first launch of .420 it sat at the launch splash page with no movement of the green bar for a couple minutes with 0% CPU and 7.2MB of memory in use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nothing.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1195490

I killed it and relaunched. 2nd attempt, still broken.

I rebooted the machine...

Still no change, HS3 is showing no signs of life. Anything I should check before restoring my backup of .416 I took right before updating to .420? For what it's worth my startup.txt file still shows its last modified time of Feb 14th which is the last time .416 booted. The HomeSeerLog.hsd file does shos a modified day/time of a few minutes ago, but it may be from before .420 was applied.

Comment

Working...
                                X