Jon00 Audio Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Please note that this has only been tested on my Hometroller using XPe. Due to the flaky audio interface that Microsoft provides, there is no guarantee that it will work or detect outputs on all Windows operating systems.
    I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 - Has anyone tried this successfully with 7?

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
      I revisited the age-old topic of setting the volume on the Homeseer server audio output recently and found your script...

I tried it and it works nicely, so I finally scrapped my archaic SNDVOL32 sendkeys method...

Thank you Jon.
      Thanks very much Joel...I got your email!

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
      I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 - Has anyone tried this successfully with 7?
      I don't think it would but cannot categorically say yes or no. M$ implement the sound in a totally different way with the mixer channels only appearing when a sound device is in use.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Thanks very much Joel...I got your email!

I don't think it would but cannot categorically say yes or no. M$ implement the sound in a totally different way with the mixer channels only appearing when a sound device is in use.
        any word on if this works with Win7 or not?

Ian
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Unfortunately it does not work correctly with Windows 7 when I tried it a couple of months back
          Jon

Comment

Very nice plugin! It's working perfectly with my Zotac mobo. I've only one question, is it possible to select the audio in/out puts u want to see? I can see the front output, but the rear and the centre output is not visible? In windows XP that are the only one visible.

Comment

If the script does not detect the inputs/outputs, I cannot help. They are obtained directly from the OS.
              Jon

Comment

But it can find the front output, is there no way to make them visible in the OS?

Comment

Ahhh OK. If it is an output, have you checked the playback properties window in the mixer? Normally you have to select them from the check box list.
                  Jon

Comment

I installed this plugin, and it is linked to homeseer. I also installed BLaudio in order to allow this plugin to do something based on homeseer talking. I want to use it to mute the microphone when homeseer is speaking, then unmute when its done. However, I'm looking at creating an event, and it just shows the speakers, not the microphone. Is my microphone just maybe not supported? its an "internal SST audio device"

Comment

My bad. Looks like I misled you via our email exchange. The HS2 version did support microphone inputs in XP but the HS3 version needed to be upgraded to the newer OS sound control which does not support input control. Apologies.
                      Jon

Comment

So does this plugin still work on HS3 and Windows 10?
                        Is it the best or easiest to control volume from my PC (my new HomeTroller S6 Pro)?
                        Is there one easier?

I tried setting it up, I get the Jon00 Audio Control HS3 running in the Windows running apps window. I can see the audio devices in SoundVolumeView, but I see no Jon00 "Plugin" added to my list of "PLUG-INS" or new Devices on Homeseer. Did I miss something?

Comment

It should work fine.

Check the following:

1) You see a speaker icon in the Windows system tray and placing the mouse over it shows it connected to HS3.
                          2) You have your device management page filters set correctly (Floor - As per your name placed in settings.txt, Room - Jon00 Audio Control)

As this can be loaded on multiple PC's in your network, it will not show up in your plugin's list.
                          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, just noted that no matter the poll time value I put in settings.txt, HS values do not update unless I manually "refresh" with the root button;
                            I've checked Soundvolumeview.exe and outside of HS everything works as intented and Soundvolumeview.exe updates when I change volumes in the windows mixer.

hs3hostadd=192.168.0.117
                            clientno=1
                            location=!MEDIA
                            polltime=5000

Any advice on troubleshooting before I resintall the whole thing ?

Thank you!

Comment

Makes no sense as the refresh button calls the same routine as the recurring timer. Can you shut the plugin down and change the polltime to 10000 for the moment.
                              Jon

Comment

Sure. Will report back.
                                Meanwhile I set up a recurring event that triggers the root/refresh every xxx seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X