Wanted LCD TV/Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted LCD TV/Touchscreen

Have any of you guys seen an LCD touch screen that has a TV build in?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Of course you could always add a touchscreen overlay to the TV / LCD monitor. You could also get a Touchscreen LCD and connect it to a MediaCenter PC with a TV Card in it.

Comment

Smooth,
      I want to use one of my new small form factor pc's that I bought and I can't add any cards to it. But maybe a USB TV card would work.

Comment

A simple external tv tuner could work in conjunction with the small form factor pc and the LCD touchscreen.

Comment

Rupp, I don't know of a screen that is both touchscreen and has an included TV tuner. I would look at adding an external TV tuner to a decent touch screen - although I recognize that this somewhat negates the idea of the small form factor PC.

I did this and installed in my kitchen - and this acheived the highest WAF I have to date. Now, I used a standard PC that was installed in my office about 50 feet away and I suffered thru wiring the monitor and sound. But with a good wireless keyboard and mouse it's rock solid. I keep track of uptime and it's been about 35 days now - and it only goes down when we have a power blip.

The touchscreen is excellant to have in the kitchen. (I have a Planar 15").

One word of caution.... I bought a TV card and had a tough time installing it. It finally worked, but the help desk of the provider told me that the combination of my motherboard and the TV card were not compatible. With a bunch of monkeying around and trying different driver combinations it works great. So beware, watch the compatibility.

Comment

Sony LFX1

How about Sony LFX1 ??

Comment

I have the 7" Sony and it's very cute actually to have a small TV display while it serves as a picture frame, you can also surf the net with this little puppy!

With the large version, you can have a PIP window as far as I know. What would be really nice is if I can use MainLobby with the Sony. With the Viewsonic Smart Display, it's almost perfect except I can stream video.

The Fujitsu 3500 tablet can also be a candidate but it accepts USB1 and I don't think 500MHz is powerful enough anyway to stream video.

Simon

Comment

TV + Magic Touch Screen

We have a Sharp 15" TV/LCD monitor with a Keytec add on touch screen for our kitchen PC that works great. I went the TV route since my wife would be spending more time watching the TV than using the PC. I do have a wireless keyboard and mouse, but they stay in the drawer 95% of the time.

I/we have been very pleased with this arrangement. The only issue was keeping the screen attached. The adhesive didn't work on the Sharp case. I ended up make some modifications to keep the touch screen attached. But otherwise this has been a really good solution.

bt

Comment

Rupp-

I got the Hauppauge WinTV USB 2.0 (less than $100?). Picture looks great on my kitchen touchscreen PC and it comes with a remote (a must have).

However, I also bought a few of those little HP PCs and I wonder about the capabilities of the onboard graphics. I'm guessing the WinTV should work fine, but I haven't tried it.

EDIT: Bummer, just saw on CocoonTech - the HPs are USB1. Hauppauge also makes a USB1 version of WinTV, but the picture is definitely inferior - and no remote.

PS - I have tried at least 3 brands of USB TV tuners and Hauppauge is clearly the best so far.

Mark
                  Mark

Comment

I am considering using this with my HP: http://www.viewsonic.com/products/tv.../nextvisionn4/

The description looks like it may work with touchscreen. Thoughts?

Comment

Picta this is an excellent find. This is as cheap as a good TV card. I assume this will work just fine on a touch screen monitor.

Comment

A buddy of mine has one of these. He uses it to hook up an Xbox to his LCD monitor, the picture is great. I haven't seen it in use as an actual tuner tho.

Comment

I like the feature of switching between tv and the screen via IR, I always wanted to switch to the front door camera image when the doorbell rings, but regular TVs are too slow to turn on for this. I'll give it a try.

Comment

If you are using this unit in combination with your 'normal' PC functions, can you do things such as running the TV in a small window? or does it 'take over' the monitor?

Comment

Jeff that's a good question. Although I would not use it in that way in the kitchen. In other locations I would like to use one in that manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X