This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Events to Work

I am test driving the HomeSeer 2.0 and I can see the power it can give me in an Insteon only installation I am working on.

I have got insteon devices working fine through the Insteon Plug-in Beta 3. From the status screen I can control devices that are set up and I can trigger events from the status screen but I can not triger the same event from the Insteon switch.

For a simple trial I set up two switches A & B. From the Status screen I can turn on or off either of the Insteon switches. Polling is working fine. I then created two events when I turn on A, B should turn on, when I turn off A, B should turn off. It works great at the Status screen but when I physically turn on or off switch A it has no effect on B.

What have I missed?

The beta plugin at this time has no awareness of local switch control.

However, you can link the Insteon switches to each other. This will cause switch B to change status when switch A is changed (and vice versa), although it still will not update HS, which can only poll at regular intervals at this stage (no live updating of status).

The Insteon plugin is a lot of work. It's moving along pretty rapidly though. So just give it some time.

Jim H.

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for your quick reply. You sure know how to bust my bubble.

I understand the Plug-in is in the early stages so I'll stay tuned for this needed functionality.

I am using the switch linking capability extensively but switch triggered functionality will make the installation slick.

Thanks again for your quick, bubble bursting reply.

RB

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble. Take heart in the fact that Jon has told us that this functionality is definately coming.

The big bang for me will be when I can sense each of the buttons on a Keypadlinc to trigger scenes and events (like turn on my fireplace).

I'll tell you this - I have looked around at the progress of Insteon enabled software in many places and, as far as I can tell, the HS Insteon plugin is as far along as anybody. Part of the problem has been chasing an ever-changing SDM. Even Smarthome has not released their Insteon enabled ("MCONTROL"?) software yet. Also, this plugin is pretty stable. My System Uptime is now "4 Days 8 Hours 30 Minutes 41 Seconds" while controlling about 50 Insteon devices, a small handful of left-over X-10 devices, and all kinds of events without a hitch.

Jim H.

Comment

Working...
        X