Jon00 Maxi-Bee Home Automation Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Jon,

One last thought, if I used a separate power supply as I was planning to anyway (to power the switching of the relays) do you think the instability on startup would dissappear or is it likely that the controller is recieving random data on startup that is switching some outputs?

Cheers

Cabbage

Comment

The USB supply provides power to some of the chips on the board.

It may make things better if this was separate but I really don't know.
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I know this should be easy for me to work out but I am struggling with toggling the values of the outputs controlled by the maxibee. I think maybe I should write a script which can be passed parameters which identifies what output gets toggled?

or perhaps there is a much simpler way.

Cabbage

Comment

Jon,

I have managed to get off my *** and have a go and eventually got it working. I now have a script which I pass the parameter 1-64, the script reads the current value from the maxibee ini file and then toggles the output.

Cheers,

Cabbage

Comment

Sorry I did not respond but was busy over the weekend. Glad you got it working!
            Jon

Comment

I went to buy a maxi-bee today and their website says they are not selling them now.

I emailed them and they said there will be a new version coming out end of the year.

Does anyone know where I might find one to purchase? Nothing on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                I went to buy a maxi-bee today and their website says they are not selling them now.

I emailed them and they said there will be a new version coming out end of the year.

That's a pitty, this board has proven to be the most reliable piece of hardware I am using in my system.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

I look around but I think you may have to wait. Do you need all 64 outputs?
                  Jon

Comment

Still no word on Maxibee availability.

I need at least 20 outputs.

Comment

The folk at pc-control were nice enough to make an additional run of these units and I have one on the way. I am excited to play with this unit and integrate it with my Geovision setup. The idea of being able to control camera recording through Homeseer is intriguing.

I wasnt sure exactly how this will work. Any advice is appreciated. I went and bought a GV-IO 16 box which has dry contact and wet contact inputs. I wasnt sure if the output from the Maxibee will trigger the GV-IO directly or do I have to get relay devices as intermediary. The spec sheet on the GV-IO say 9-30V ac/dc for the wet contact.

Comment

ControlMaster?

Hi Jon00
                        Long time.
                        I have moved to a farm and need a more distributed system for IO control.
                        I was wondering if you have ever considerd to create a plugin for the ControlMaster from PC Controls?
                        From what I can see around it is the cheapest way to get to many IOs distributed.

http://www.pc-control.co.uk/control_master.htm
                        Best,
                        Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Hi Jakob,

No, never considered it as I have never needed this type of system. At the moment I am not considering anything new as I probably have months of work ahead sorting out my existing stuff to work with HS3.

Although all my scripts were written in VB.NET, the same cannot be said for the web pages and converting will be a mammoth task which I do not relish. Some will never be converted.

MyHappy is always game for a IO plugin!
                          Jon

Comment

Hi,

If anyone is interested I have a maxibee for sale.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154247

Cabbage

Comment

no CodeDom provider defined for the language

Jon00 could you take a look at the post I've make at the link below and advise if this is likely to work and whether the error I've received if Maxi-Bee error.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...52#post1030552

Thanks
                              Simon

Comment

I would suspect that the script connector cannot handle Homeseer encrypted scripts.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X