PC5401, PC1832 - No status updates from alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC5401, PC1832 - No status updates from alarm

I have a PC1832 with PC5401. I just connected the PC5401 yesterday. I am not getting status updates from the alarm panel. All zones and partitions are there in Homeseer, but they have never had their status changed. I have restarted the service, rebooted several times...no change.

There are two lights on the PC5401 - according to the instructions, they indicate that it is connected properly - the red one blinks every 2 seconds and the green one is constant.

I have a USB to SERIAL adapter with the PC5401 connected to that and set to com port 3.

From the logs....

Found plug-in: DSC Security, version: 1.1.2911.21807
    Initializing Plug-in: DSC Security on COM port 3
    InitIO Successful
    Finished initializing plug-in DSC Security

I have it set to 9600 baud, PC5401, COM3, with all logging turned on. It all looks right. The Interfaces screen reports "Interface OK".

There are zero lines in the log relating to any alarm activity, other than the plug-in being initialized.

Any ideas?

Dan

I figured it out

This is what I did wrong:

I had disconnected power to my alarm panel to install the PC5401. Then I powered up the alarm panel, and I then went to my computer and plugged in the USB/SERIAL cable.

Apparently you need to recycle the alarm panel AFTER the USB/SERIAL cable is connected to the computer...because I recycled the alarm panel, and now it works as expected.

It is deceptive, because even without the USB cable plugged in, the PC5401 still lights up and you would think that it has been "Detected" by the alarm panel. But it didn't detect it until I recycled the alarm panel.

All is well and now I can have some fun.

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X