Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep...but my problem with just disabling it...this is my HTPC, it gets online to access Netflix...so I try to keep it as secure (i.e. as PITA) as possible...

JUST in case. In my mind, one more layer of security to hopfully avoid a total re-install.

But, as you said, UAC can be spelled PITA!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Surely UAC is User Access Control, i.e. to confirm user actions - nothing to do with Internet security?
      Jon

Comment

Yep, the SubnetMask, IP Address, and MAC Address fields are all set.

Comment

What have you put as the IPAddress...an actual local IP address or a computer name? Also check there are no spaces in the 3 entries and that you have them enclosed in quotes.
          Jon

Comment

I'm using the actual IP Address, they didn't have spaces, but weren't in quotes. I updated the INI file to put the quotes in, deleted all devices, then had it recreate them. Tried again and same error.

Comment

I think you will have to show me your ini file. The error is saying it does not recognise the IP address you have entered.
              Jon

Comment

Here is the section for that device, it worked to shut the device down.

[Device3]
                Housecode=N3
                Name=Kitchen PC
                IPAddress="192.168.1.135"
                MACAddress="00-14-38-1a-3e-83"
                PingTimeout=125
                VDButtons="1"
                Iconset=2
                UseClient=1
                ClientHousecode=O3
                ClientPort=8001
                ClientVDButtons="1,2,3,4,5,+6,7,8,+9,10"

Comment

It looks fine.

Can you ping 192.168.1.135 from your Homeseer machine when it is on?

Also create a temporary event and run this immediate script:

&Result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","3||wol")

What happens - the same error?
                  Last edited by jon00; February 10, 2011, 06:03 PM.
                  Jon

Comment

Ok, turned the device back on and am able to ping it. Tried to run the code you sent and it gave me "Error: Command not recognised". But then tried to click on the Wol button while the device was on and it sent the magic packet. Then clicked on the shutdown button, waited for it to power off, then tried the WOL and it no longer worked and gave the error from before.

Comment

Would this work with computers that are configured as remote desktops of the Homeseer computer?

Comment

Originally posted by drodegeb View Post
                        Ok, turned the device back on and am able to ping it. Tried to run the code you sent and it gave me "Error: Command not recognised". But then tried to click on the Wol button while the device was on and it sent the magic packet. Then clicked on the shutdown button, waited for it to power off, then tried the WOL and it no longer worked and gave the error from before.
                        Sorry about the immediate command, there was a space in it which I have now corrected. I'm still thinking what the issue could be. How is the IP address assigned on this PC? Is it fixed or do you have it bound to it's MAC address in the router? Have you tried the Computer name instead of it's IP address?
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                          Would this work with computers that are configured as remote desktops of the Homeseer computer?
                          It's a good question but I don't know. You may well be able to assign a client to a remote desktop with it's own port, however I cannot tell you what would work and what would not.
                          Jon

Comment

Jon, disabled UAC, now all program execution is running 100%.

Next step, I'll try playing with WOL.

--Dan
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                              Jon, disabled UAC, now all program execution is running 100%.

Next step, I'll try playing with WOL.

--Dan
                              Excellent!
                              Jon

Comment

I'm not seeing WOL packets, in wireshark, from the script.

I've set the config file, deleting the device each time, to the following formats:

MACAddress=aa:bb:cc...
                                MACAddress="aa:bb:cc..."
                                MACAddress=aa-bb-cc...
                                MACAddress="aa-bb-cc..."

I've tried destination ports 7 and 9, and the wol script example from the pdf. No joy.

I can use wakeonlan on my linux box and I can see the packet, and Doo's plug-in also worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X