Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC 1864 and IT-100 problems

Hi all,

I would appreciate any help configuring my panel. I have a DSC 1864 with IT-100 module. The module is wired to the same posts on the panel as the other keypads, and connected to a HomeTroller-SE via RS-232 to the USB port. The DSC plugin seems to be recognized when viewing the log, and I did restart the troller after installing the plugin. I read somewhere on here suggesting i would need to enroll the module as a keypad - not sure if true or how to do that. It just doesn't seem to communicate. I press 'arm' and nothing, same if I actually arm at the keypad - HS doesn't recognize the action. I have a bonking green on the module, thinking that it is communicating.

Any help would be appreciated. It's getting annoying. I'm not a coder, but not completely inept with computers, but this is making feel like I am. Not a lot of solid documentation, step by step. Anyone want to make some ca$h and help me out, pm me. Thanks.

Yep, you need to have it wired into the bus like a keypad. The IT-100 defaults to ID 8. The first keypad defaults to ID 1. You can only have 8 total. If you download the design software, you should be able to use the PC-Link and connect the header onthe DSC board to a serial port on the computer. You will then be able to communicate to the board and make sure the board see's the IT 100.

Also, call DSC and they will walk you through the install. Just tell them you are an installer and are new... THey will take care of you.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

In HS you do need to set it up. Go to Plugins->Manage and click on the DSC plugin. You need to select the type of board (IT-100), you have to enter a valid passcode for the alarm (I set up a new random passcode on the alarm and use this within HS). You can also enter the other passcodes you have setup on the alarm and the plugin can then tell you who has armed/disarmed the alarm.

There is also a baud rate setting for the RS232 serial connection. I tried several, having used a high speed board for RS232, but found 9600 was the only one which worked. Until I set this to 9600 I got absolutely nothing from the alarm panel.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Daf - can you elaborate on the design software? Is this a DSC software, something else from HomeSeer...?

Mack - Tried updating the baud rate, the passcode I entered in the config is the same master code on the panel (not installer code). I verified that I was "seeing" the HS and port, as I changed the RS-232 connection to the other USB and checked in the DSC plugin and it registered a different COM port. So far, if I press "arm" on the partition in HS3, I check the log and all it says is default user is arming.

I will try contacting DSC tomorrow, andif I can figure out the design software mentioned above. I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks.

Comment

He's referring to the DLS software from DSC. You can find it here: http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/index.php?topic=96.0. It's at the bottom of the page. Download DLS IV and when you run it, it will upgrade to version V. You also need to connect the computer the DLS software is running on to the serial port on the board. This is a different port than the one on the IT-100. You need to buy or make an adapter to connect to it. Here's what it looks like: http://www.aartech.ca/pclink-scw-dsc...cable-kit.html. You can also Google instructions on how to make it. Most of the programming can be done through the keypad, but using the DLS software makes it much easier.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

So I'm having problems installing the DLS software, and I think because the only PC I have is from work, and may be running into restriction problems. Does anyone know if I can run this off the Home Troller?

Comment

Working...
            X