Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Make sure you device icon on the Alexa app looks like a "bulb" and not a wall switch. This makes a diference how Eco reacts
    I have been using the web interface, so I did not see that. Checked it out on the Android. Very interesting observation and good to know. Hope they fix that.
    Last edited by ViperJD; January 29, 2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperJD View Post
      I have been using the web interface, so I did not see that. Checked it out on the Android. Very interesting observation and good to know. Hope they fix that.
      That is addressed by the "Is Light" checkbox under device configuration:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1195076
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That is what I understand. I have gotten it to work with "Alexa, Turn on the Lights" and the lights will only go one in the Living Room, when I am in the living Room, otherwise it says "I cannot find lights". I have a Group called "Living Room" with the Living Room Echo Show device added to it.

It seems to work most of the time.

Now I am trying to figure out how to easily run an event with the new plugin.
        Events must be enabled for voice command and have their own voice command name entry. Once they are enabled for voice they show up as Alexa "Scenes" and they can be addressed by name or used with a "Routine". There is still the limitation that an event called as a scene will NOT honor conditions. In order for an Event's conditions to be honored it must be run from an intermediary event or triggered by a virtual device. For Alexa to put our house to sleep, we have a routine that turns a virtual device "House asleep" on. "Alexa! Put the house to sleep" causes the routine to run and turn the device on. "Alexa! Wake the house up" turns the device off. The virtual device status change triggers events.
        Last edited by randy; January 29, 2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I have been having an issue this evening setting up events to work with Alexa.... I use the MyQ Garage PI, and created some events to have Alexa open and close garage doors and my front gate. The commands I created for "open" work, but close commands, Alexa tells me device not found.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might cause this?

Comment

Yes I saw this limitation too. When you enable an event the event will just honor the action
            Last edited by ; January 29, 2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Australian Alexa

Hi,

I've been running this skill successfully on my Amazon Dot using a US account for a while now. Recently Amazon have now made Alexa available in Australia, so I've switched over to a local account, however the Homeseer skill is no longer available.

Is there a plan to make this skill available to the Australian market, or can someone flick the switch to make it available to us??

Cheers,
              David

Comment

The current offical response from Amazon is to switch back to a US language setting if you want other region skills to work.

I have a mixture set to both AU and US as it is per device

Comment

Is this going to eventually be able to support streaming cameras to an Alexa dot or show? Or could a plug-in be written for that? I haven’t taken the plunge yet because all of the alexa cameras are cloud dependent and don’t offer internal streams.

Comment

I used a combination of Virtual devices and groups (in alexa) to control lights in the rooms.

when I upgraded this morning, I disconnected the old skill, and forgot the old devices. installed new skill and found all the new devices (and Events in HS that I tagged) fine!

I go into the Alexa app on my phone, and see that the groups I created were gone (as I would expect).

Click "add a group" and type if office. TElls me the group name already exists... doesn't show it anywhere... so can't add, edit, etc.

However, if I say, "Alexa, turn on the office lights"... it tells me "office doesn't support that".

anyone seen this and/or have any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                      I used a combination of Virtual devices and groups (in alexa) to control lights in the rooms.

when I upgraded this morning, I disconnected the old skill, and forgot the old devices. installed new skill and found all the new devices (and Events in HS that I tagged) fine!

I go into the Alexa app on my phone, and see that the groups I created were gone (as I would expect).

Click "add a group" and type if office. TElls me the group name already exists... doesn't show it anywhere... so can't add, edit, etc.

However, if I say, "Alexa, turn on the office lights"... it tells me "office doesn't support that".

anyone seen this and/or have any advice?
                      I am not sure if one of these is the cause. I ran into a problem where a Sonos was named Living Room, so I couldn't create a group named Living Room. I renamed the Sonos and it solved the problem. Check devices that are discovered and see if any are named Office.

The other thing I have seen is there is some latency for Amazon to complete housekeeping after a device is forgotten. Even though it is not in the app, Amazon doesn't fully delete all remnants for an hour or more. Maybe try again after some time.

Comment

I've set up a couple of events with voice commands and ticked the box in the event options. The voice commands I've added are:

1) Set heating to 20 degrees
                        2) Make it warmer

Both of these events have been discovered and show up as scenes in the Alexa app, but when I say "Alexa, set heating to 20 degrees" I get: "It doesn't look like your device supports that yet", and if I say "Alexa, make it warmer", I get "Sorry, I don't know that."

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong? I have only got those two events and one lamp device enabled for voice command.

(HS beta .404, UK-based)

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

You have to say’’. Alexa, turn on make it warmer’’

A scene has to be turned on.

If you want to say Alexa make it warmer,

You have to create a routine with Alexa says ‘’ make it warmer’’ as a trigger, and chose your ‘’make it warmer ‘’ scene as the action

Comment

I love this! Very helpful to see how things are set relative to Alexa. I loaded it into a spreadsheet, sorted it and removed blank "Example Utterance". Now when people ask what can I say, I show them the printout. Thanks!

Update: Do note, with the updated skill, now you must use the floor name in the voice command too (not in your voice Ex. Utterance). I hate that. I think I am going to remove all of my Floor descriptions.
                            Yeah this was the issue I was having and the reason I wrote it as I was getting a bit confused. To summarise I think that it is correct to say if the device name is unique then Alexa can address it individual, if the name is not unique then it needs to be named with the location.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                            This is really cool, thank you!

If you're taking design change requests can we have the Reference sorting understand 13 is less than 130? As it is now the device ordering ends up a touch random for lower numbered devices.
                            I'll take a look as I might be able to incorporate it with the above comment, the devices come out of the enumerator in what seems to be a sort of random order so I'd have to add them to a list and then sort later which could make the pages slow to load.

Comment

Well - I fixed my own problem. Turns out I had redundant named events in other groups. Changed the names and problem fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                I am not sure if one of these is the cause. I ran into a problem where a Sonos was named Living Room, so I couldn't create a group named Living Room. I renamed the Sonos and it solved the problem. Check devices that are discovered and see if any are named Office.

The other thing I have seen is there is some latency for Amazon to complete housekeeping after a device is forgotten. Even though it is not in the app, Amazon doesn't fully delete all remnants for an hour or more. Maybe try again after some time.
                                yep... that was it. two Ecobee sensors with the same name as my rooms.

I forgot them, and then was able to create the group. Funny, later i did another discover, and of course they came back... but now my groups are completed and still work.

Comment

Working...
                                X