Alarm Events Firing Correctly for One Player, But Not Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Events Firing Correctly for One Player, But Not Others

I'm trying to build some alarm functionality to HS Touch.

I have three rooms/players, I set the Sonos alarm time using a script found here https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...47#post1180247

No problem using that, I can set an Alarm and enable/disable in each room. The alarms trigger as expected.

But the event I have which should fire when the alarm goes off only works in one of the three rooms. The other two just ignore it.

Attached are debug logs for one that works (Office) and one that doesn't (Amelia's)

Would love some help to debug - got to get the kids to school in the mornings...

Thanks

Greg
    Attached Files

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
    I'm trying to build some alarm functionality to HS Touch.

I have three rooms/players, I set the Sonos alarm time using a script found here https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...47#post1180247

No problem using that, I can set an Alarm and enable/disable in each room. The alarms trigger as expected.

But the event I have which should fire when the alarm goes off only works in one of the three rooms. The other two just ignore it.

Attached are debug logs for one that works (Office) and one that doesn't (Amelia's)

Would love some help to debug - got to get the kids to school in the mornings...

Thanks

Greg
    As per the log, the event seem to fire for Amelia's room as well. Maybe something else wrong with your events?

Jan-02 10:44:05 AM Sonos DeviceTrigger called for Zone - Amelia's Bedroom with Trigger = Sonos Player Alarm Start
    Jan-02 10:44:05 AM Sonos PlayChangeNotifyCallback called for Zone - Amelia's Bedroom with ChangeType = AlarmStart and Changevalue = Playing and SendDeviceTrigger = True

The PI asks HS3 for a list of events and tries to match it, but doesn't seem to find a match for Amelia. Have you tried to delete and recreate that event? Still the same?

You could also turn on the superdebug flag when you try the Amelia alarm, which should log the PI going through the list of received (from HS) triggers.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk. I re-created the events for William and Amelia's rooms - (copied existing - perhaps I need to start from scratch?) and deleted the old events.

Then set an Alarm for William's player - and enabled superdebug, and let the alarm trigger - I can't see that same trigger you pulled out for the other player, and suffice to say, the event didn't trigger.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dirk. I re-created the events for William and Amelia's rooms - (copied existing - perhaps I need to start from scratch?) and deleted the old events.

Then set an Alarm for William's player - and enabled superdebug, and let the alarm trigger - I can't see that same trigger you pulled out for the other player, and suffice to say, the event didn't trigger.
        The log actually doesn't seem to capture anything related to the (start of the) alarm, did you cut/paste from beginning to end? Maybe a disklog is better to control start/stop.
        What it does show is a gradual increase of volume which is causing quite a bit a traffic.
        Maybe we should talk about the action you assigned to the trigger. What does the set device "alarm enable on/off" actually do? I suspect this is a virtual device, correct? Is the setting of that device kicking off another script perhaps? Maybe problem in the script?
        To rule out other issues with the actions, maybe assign a very simple action to your trigger, so turn some lamp on, something "plain and simple". If the alarm triggers that action properly, you should be looking for the issue in your subsequent scripting (which I assume is what you do).

Dirk

Comment

The event was in an earlier post, all it did was turn off a virtual device. But I changed it for an actual device, same - the alarm isn't spotted.

The log I pasted was complete - it's not detecting the alarm starting.

I am also seeing this when I restart the PI:

Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of PlayerControl. Plugin: Sonos Instance: RINCON_949F3E1A617601400&clientid=0

My sonos.ini file is attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

The event was in an earlier post, all it did was turn off a virtual device. But I changed it for an actual device, same - the alarm isn't spotted.

The log I pasted was complete - it's not detecting the alarm starting.

I am also seeing this when I restart the PI:

Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of PlayerControl. Plugin: Sonos Instance: RINCON_949F3E1A617601400&clientid=0

My sonos.ini file is attached.
            The error is something to do with HS3 not cleaning up their link when a PI gets deactivated, totally benign.
            The log file does NOT have the alarm in it, but I see some evidence. Did you by any chance turn the superdebug flag on but the debug flag off? Both should be on for this trace.

Dirk

Comment

Ah, yes, I didn't realize they were additive. ok, will re-capture.

Comment

Re-capture, logs scraped from HS log, and logging to disk enabled.
                Attached Files

Comment

Re-capture, logs scraped from HS log, and logging to disk enabled.
                  Need to think about this and what to do next. If this log was William not triggering, I see the log entries but I don't know what HS does with it or why it does not do anything with it

Jan-04 6:19:07 PM Sonos DeviceTrigger called for Zone - William's Room with Trigger = Sonos Player Alarm Start
                  Jan-04 6:19:07 PM Sonos DeviceTrigger found Trigger: EvRef=129, Trig/SubTrig=1/-1, UID=3769
                  Jan-04 6:19:07 PM Sonos PlayChangeNotifyCallback called for Zone - William's Room with ChangeType = AlarmStart and Changevalue = Playing and SendDeviceTrigger = True

Maybe I need to make a special test version to log all parameters that are being send back and forth, see if we can spot an issue.

Remind me, is it consistently not working or intermittently, meaning some alarms always work and some never work for specific zones?

Dirk

Comment

It works for one player consistently, and doesn't work for others, consistently.

Want me to enable logging and set off alarms in both rooms, one after the other - see if there's anything obvious showing up as to why one works and the other doesn't?

Comment

It works for one player consistently, and doesn't work for others, consistently.

Want me to enable logging and set off alarms in both rooms, one after the other - see if there's anything obvious showing up as to why one works and the other doesn't?
                      Are the alarm parameters for both of these alarms sorta the same, I mean they both do a chime or play something?

I still think the issue is something with HS and the subsequent actions you have defined because this function has been around now for many years without complains. Could you pick the room that doesn't work, delete the event completely, recreate and assign not a virtual device setting as action but a regular device, nothing else. Maybe you already tried that, in which case we should check the alarms themselves but if they are all the same, I think the next step would be a test load.

Dirk

Comment

I have been using the script as well as the Sonos UI to set alarms up, if that matters. Script link earlier in the post.

I can create completely new events, rather than copy, sure, but they aren't really controlling virtual devices, but I can do that.

Want me to try capturing logs after that's done? For a working and non-working player?

Comment

Completely new events triggering a lamp work. I had edited existing events to do the same - and they didn't work.

Hm.

I'll try a few things.

Comment

Well, I created the events anew - same actions. And this time, they work.

Same devices, same actions, the same. Just - new.

I'll keep an eye but a) thanks for the help, b) sorry for wasting your time and c) wtf.

Comment

Working...
                            X