www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration

HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration General Discussion of HomeSeer's IFTTT Channel

Old March 18th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Seer

IFTTT and HomeSeer Events

Currently HomeSeer integration requires selecting of specific Events to run after a trigger.

I'm looking at setting something up using recipes and placeholders in IFTTT that would allow the user to say something like, "Ok Google, Event <Event Name> and it would run the specified event if found. If not found you'd get the regular Google "I don't know how to answer that"

While I can grab the Event the user speaks, there is no way to attempt to pass that to the HomeSeer Service in HomeSeer. IFTTT does allow passing of the text to services as an action, it just didn't seem to be supported by HomeSeer, unless I'm missing something.

This would allow users to Run events as soon as they are created, and allow running of any events in the system, not just preconfigured ones in Google Assistant.

Thanks!
Ken Richards
Old March 19th, 2018, 08:57 AM
OverSeer

I have several IFTTT applets that trigger HS3 events. They work fine. I use Alexa.

Steve Q
Old March 19th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Q View Post
I have several IFTTT applets that trigger HS3 events. They work fine. I use Alexa.

Steve Q
Same here. I also have several HS events that are triggered IFTTT from my Calendar, my location from Life360 and a few others.