New user installing Rain8Net with Master Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user installing Rain8Net with Master Valve

I just recently received my new Rain8Net and I plan on using it with mcsSprinklers and HS to replace my current RainBird Esp 12-LX+. I've looked through the Rain8Net & RainBird manuals and examined the current installation and there is one thing that exists on the RainBird, but not on the Rain8Net or in it's manual: a place for a Master Valve. From what I've read, I think this is a valve that comes on when any of the other valves are opened, but I do not see a place to wire a Master Valve on the Rain8Net. I've searched everywhere for info on this with no luck.

Am I right in assuming I should put the wire for the Master Valve on one of the zones (e.g. 8) and then wire the remaining zones (e.g. 1-7) like normal and then mcsSprinklers can be told the Master Valve is on zone 8 and it will handle its function? Or is there another way I should handle the MV?

Yes. Generally the master valve is considered the pump. When any valve in an Area is ON then the pump will turn ON and when all valves of the area are OFF then the pump will turn off. One of the Rain8 valves will be connected to your master.

Comment

Working...
    X