No announcement yet.

Find my iPhone plugin for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last i remember the author was trying to get the plug in into the updater. Not sure why it didnt happen. This is the one plug in that i dont have the ability to do on the ISY. ISY supports geofencing and it really works well. But this might be more versatile but waiting to try it if HS will allow it to be in the updater.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think is HS keeping it out of the updater.

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Jason - I get copied on plug-in submissions but I didn't see your's come in. When did you submit it? Also (FYI), Tyler is our point contact for updater maintenance. You can email him directly at "Tyler" at homeseer.com. And... you can also call us directly if you need immediate help with this. 603-471-2816. Tyler is at x107.
      This is the second iOS to HS tracking app/plug-in I have tried from a posting on the board where the developer has gone AWOL.

Comment

AWOL?

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        ...This is the second iOS to HS tracking app/plug-in I have tried from a posting on the board where the developer has gone AWOL.
        Yeah and its too bad because I would have paid for the fun of using this one! Hopefully he's just too busy...
        Regards,
        Chris
        HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
        Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Find my iPhone plugin for HS3

Am I missing something. My trial too has expired but It looks like you just have to add your licence I D and password and submit in the updater section. Is this not the case ?

Cheers

Steve
          Steve

Comment

With all the effort that was put into this plug in it would be a shame to see it die. While I was waiting for HS to support it and put it in their updater to try it I heard that it was working well so far.

Maybe its just a red tape issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
              With all the effort that was put into this plug in it would be a shame to see it die. While I was waiting for HS to support it and put it in their updater to try it I heard that it was working well so far.

Maybe its just a red tape issue.

Great plugin and appears very reliable. Still waiting for the nod so I can purchase it !

Have events setup to use this.

Cheers

Steve
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
                Great plugin and appears very reliable. Still waiting for the nod so I can purchase it !
                Have events setup to use this.
                Cheers
                Steve
                Hello Steve,

I haven't bothered downloading and installing it as, from the posts in this thread, it appears to have a "limited life"? What is it, 30 days from install?

Guess I'll move on to something else in the meantime.

Cheers
                Regards,
                Chris
                HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
                Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Both sides seem to be mum on this one. I still think it might just be red tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a great PI, and reliable too. I will hold off a little longer on this one and wait to see what happens. I don't know of any others available at this time anyway.

Perhaps there may be some movement on this sometime soon !

I will watch this thread for any update.
                    Steve

Comment

Alternatives

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
                      Both sides seem to be mum on this one. I still think it might just be red tape
                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm far from an expert, however I don't think you're obliged to market through HomeSeer. Certain developers make their plug-ins and applications available "off-line the updater".

I'm running a plug-in Phillip Printz shared with me (for which I'm eternally grateful) and there's all of Jon00's stuff. Getting paid, however is a bit of hassle, Jonathan asks for donations and unfortunately very few folks contribute.
                      (...just thinking out loud).

Hey Steve, thanks for the comment on how well it works!
                      Regards,
                      Chris

Comment

I know HS takes a cut of each plug in sale (they should) as they provide some level of support. I think this plug in has potential and i am guessing that there is some minor issue holding it up (tax id number etc). I hope it gets released. My wifes niece needs to have her location monitored to keep her out of trouble and this would work well. No more I am going to the movies but instead roaming the streets.

Time will tell.

Comment

Any news on this . Desperate now :-)
                          Steve

Comment

Mine expired as well and became useful. Another approach would be if HST could extend HSTouch to report the location. Might create a Bugzilla feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                              Mine expired as well and became useful. Another approach would be if HST could extend HSTouch to report the location. Might create a Bugzilla feature request.

First we need to get the plug in into the updater. The author and HS need to be paid

Once that is done and more people try it and suggest ideas like yours it will probably take off.

Comment

I will try again with HS to get it into the updater.

I have also put a new version up that works with Apples new verification. You will get an email when the plugin authenticates. I don't know how often this will occur.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X