Not all devices are updating on CT-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
    I am having to bounce the plugin every few days. Any progress on fixing this problem?

Thanks
    Yeah, sorry, had some issues come up, I'm back home now and will get back to hunting this bug.

Comment

I am having to bounce the plugin every few days. Any progress on fixing this problem?

Thanks
      Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      Yeah, sorry, had some issues come up, I'm back home now and will get back to hunting this bug.
      Eric - any progress? Is there anything I can do to help out?
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

I can't seem to recreate the issues, but I run CT-30s and CT-50s. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to the CT-80s.

Anyone else using CT-80 and having issues?

Comment

I can't seem to recreate the issues, but I run CT-30s and CT-50s. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to the CT-80s.

Anyone else using CT-80 and having issues?
          Eric - I am still experiencing this problem using the latest version of the plugin 1.0.17267.124. I have mitigated it a little by using the "Jon00 Enable/Disable Plugin Utility" and bouncing the plugin daily at 1:00 AM, but I find that your plugin can still lose communication with my thermostat even between 1:00 AM and 5:45 AM (when I have HomeSeer HS3 tell it to adjust the thermostat for my "Wake Up" routine), let alone any other time of the day, too.

I have yet to receive an email from Radio Thermostat saying that they have lost communication with my thermostat during any period when your plugin loses communication. If I unplug the thermostat and leave it powered off for a couple of days, RTCOA sends me an email to let me know the thermostat is offline.

Simply disabling/enabling your plugin it happily communicates with my CT-80 again. This leads me to suspect a problem with the communication failure recovery routine(s) in your plugin.

Please, I paid good money in good faith in your software. This problem has gone on long enough. I need to get this fixed so I can trust your plugin to control my CT-80 thermostat. Again, please let me know what I can do to help you get this problem resolved in the quickest manner.
          Steve

Comment

Eric - I am still experiencing this problem using the latest version of the plugin 1.0.17267.124. I have mitigated it a little by using the "Jon00 Enable/Disable Plugin Utility" and bouncing the plugin daily at 1:00 AM, but I find that your plugin can still lose communication with my thermostat even between 1:00 AM and 5:45 AM (when I have HomeSeer HS3 tell it to adjust the thermostat for my "Wake Up" routine), let alone any other time of the day, too.

I have yet to receive an email from Radio Thermostat saying that they have lost communication with my thermostat during any period when your plugin loses communication. If I unplug the thermostat and leave it powered off for a couple of days, RTCOA sends me an email to let me know the thermostat is offline.

Simply disabling/enabling your plugin it happily communicates with my CT-80 again. This leads me to suspect a problem with the communication failure recovery routine(s) in your plugin.

Please, I paid good money in good faith in your software. This problem has gone on long enough. I need to get this fixed so I can trust your plugin to control my CT-80 thermostat. Again, please let me know what I can do to help you get this problem resolved in the quickest manner.

Ok, let me see what I can find.

Comment

New version .138 has been posted with some tweaks to help with stability, especially on linux systems. I moved to a newer HttpClient for doing the REST calls. This new httpclient also reuses TCP connections instead of needing to teardown everything and rebuild it. This should help as well. I also changed the autodiscovery to work better on linux systems.

Let me know if this helps with your stability issues.

Comment

New version .138 has been posted with some tweaks to help with stability, especially on linux systems. I moved to a newer HttpClient for doing the REST calls. This new httpclient also reuses TCP connections instead of needing to teardown everything and rebuild it. This should help as well. I also changed the autodiscovery to work better on linux systems.

Let me know if this helps with your stability issues.
                I'll get it loaded and let you know. Thanks.
                Steve

Comment

You'll want to update again if your on windows. The fix I put in for linux broke something for windows. They're both working now on the latest build (141)

Comment

You'll want to update again if your on windows. The fix I put in for linux broke something for windows. They're both working now on the latest build (141)
                    Done.
                    Steve

Comment

Also just found a bug that in some circumstance would not allow any device to get created if you didn't already have some devices. I'll have an update for this out in a few minutes.

Comment

Still losing communications with CT-80

Eric - on 12/17/2017 12:08:19 PM I updated to and started version 1.0.17351.159 of your plugin. As you can see, your plugin has lost communications with my CT-80 again. There is nothing in the log from your plugin all day on the 20th except for my events changing the setpoint. There were two messages days earlier of the type "RadioThermostat
                        Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat", one of them 12/17/2017 4:03:17 PM and the other 12/18/2017 5:26:01 AM.

I am in the process of updating to version 1.0.17353.162 right now and will report on its operation.

How can I help debug this problem?

Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        Steve

Comment

Again, just shortly after I updated to 1.0.17353.162

I updated to 1.0.17353.162 at 4:33:00 PM on 12/23/2017 and your plugin stopped talking to my thermostat at 11:05:47 PM. The only entries for your plugin or my thermostat are when I have events set up to change the setpoint. Interestingly the setpoint changed at the HomeSeer device Heat Setpoint THERMOSTATS-Q18 but of course did not reflect any changes on the thermostat itself.

What can I do to help debug this?

Thanks
                          Attached Files
                          Steve

Comment

I updated to 1.0.17353.162 at 4:33:00 PM on 12/23/2017 and your plugin stopped talking to my thermostat at 11:05:47 PM. The only entries for your plugin or my thermostat are when I have events set up to change the setpoint. Interestingly the setpoint changed at the HomeSeer device Heat Setpoint THERMOSTATS-Q18 but of course did not reflect any changes on the thermostat itself.

What can I do to help debug this?

Thanks
                            And if I remember correctly, as soon as you stop/start the plugin it starts working again?

Comment

And if I remember correctly, as soon as you stop/start the plugin it starts working again?
                              That's right. I don't know your code, but I'm thinking you're doing something different with establishing communication at the start of the plugin than when re-establishing communication possibly after an error?

Thanks
                              Steve

Comment

That's right. I don't know your code, but I'm thinking you're doing something different with establishing communication at the start of the plugin than when re-establishing communication possibly after an error?

Thanks
                                So the code behaves with the following logic.
                                • On start create a WebClient object
                                • Create a timer object
                                • Every time the timer triggers it will tell the web client to issue HTTP GET to each of the IP address of the Thermostats to get the current state of things
                                • If a homeseer device gets a control command to change a setting it will tell the WebClient to issue an HTTP POST command with the appropriate JSON values to change the setting on the thermostat.

This works for everyone else except your setup for some reason. I had suspected that maybe the webclient I was using was hanging up for some reason on your system so on the latest round of updates I switched out the web client to a different newer version in the .net framework 4.6.

At this point I'm convinced that it's something specific to your setup that's not interacting well with this logic as all others are working ok.

Would it be possible to install homeseer on a test computer for a while and install the plugin there to see if it's system specific?

Comment

Working...
                                X