• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install failed

Hello,
    Tried to install the plugin for my opensprinkler 3.0
    Unfortunately this failed.
    Can somebody explain how I can fix this.
    Homeseer 3, linux
    Thanks, see log below for details.

Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed.
    Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error, package file not found: /home/pi/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
    Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
    Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
    Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
    Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Installing package OpenSprinkler
    Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully
    Jun-04 22:22:26 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Keuken with device name = uuid:RINCON_949F3E094EAC01400 and Model = S12
    Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Downloading update: OpenSprinkler
    Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Originally posted by PJJPtx View Post
      Can you add support for multiple controllers? I have 2.
      I wish OpenSprinker themselves would support two controllers. I have a controller in the front garage and one in the rear workshop. To far and to much concrete to get them wired all to one controller I hate having to use two separate controllers and use the app separate and everything also. I would like a remote zone controller I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        I wish OpenSprinker themselves would support two controllers. I have a controller in the front garage and one in the rear workshop. To far and to much concrete to get them wired all to one controller I hate having to use two separate controllers and use the app separate and everything also. I would like a remote zone controller I guess.
        I thought they added remote controller support in firmware 2.1.6? I haven't tried it yet because my 2.1 hardware couldn't be upgraded without special tools. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          I thought they added remote controller support in firmware 2.1.6?
          I'm browsing to the forums now to see, but I haven't found anything in the menu of one to add another IP or controller. I very well could be missing it though.

I'm on:
          Hardware 2.2 - AC

EDIT:

https://opensprinkler.com/product/opensprinkler/

I see under "Features, Expandable" It says
          "8 zones on the main controller; expandable to 56 zones with OpenSprinkler expansion boards. Have more than 56 zones? Our app can manage multiple OpenSprinkler systems for limitless expansion."

So I see the app can connect to more then one controller (not at a time) and maybe that's what you ment, but I mean same results as an expansion board where all the zones show up one controller. Only difference is it would be a IP based expansion board rather then a serial cable I guess. I have internet swich and wifi AP back there already.
          Last edited by integlikewhoa; June 9, 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I haven't actually tried it yet, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I see some settings for remote stations in the 2.1.6 API document.

It sounds like you can add remote stations to the main controllers programs at least. A change to this feature is also mentioned in the 2.1.7 release notes, but it does appear this could be broken in 2.1.7

https://opensprinkler.com/forums/top...-2-1-7-update/

I have discussed this functionality previously with Ray (OSS developer) so I am pretty sure the main system is supposed to be able to manage remote stations (but I need to get the 2.1.6 firmware on my HW 2.1 OSS first).

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            I'm browsing to the forums now to see, but I haven't found anything in the menu of one to add another IP or controller. I very well could be missing it though.

I'm on:
            Hardware 2.2 - AC

EDIT:

https://opensprinkler.com/product/opensprinkler/

I see under "Features, Expandable" It says
            "8 zones on the main controller; expandable to 56 zones with OpenSprinkler expansion boards. Have more than 56 zones? Our app can manage multiple OpenSprinkler systems for limitless expansion."

So I see the app can connect to more then one controller (not at a time) and maybe that's what you ment, but I mean same results as an expansion board where all the zones show up one controller. Only difference is it would be a IP based expansion board rather then a serial cable I guess. I have internet swich and wifi AP back there already.

Comment

Originally posted by deem View Post
              Hello,
              Tried to install the plugin for my opensprinkler 3.0
              Unfortunately this failed.
              Can somebody explain how I can fix this.
              Homeseer 3, linux
              Thanks, see log below for details.

Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed.
              Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
              Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error, package file not found: /home/pi/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
              Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
              Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
              Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
              Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Installing package OpenSprinkler
              Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully
              Jun-04 22:22:26 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Keuken with device name = uuid:RINCON_949F3E094EAC01400 and Model = S12
              Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Downloading update: OpenSprinkler
              Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Starting download of updates
              Looks like there's a typo in the install.txt file. It's looking for OS_Error.png but the file in the install zip is OS_error.png. Windows isn't as concerned about case sensitivity, but linux is. Hopefully the dev will fix it.

So you'll need to manually copy the files to their correct locations and then go to the Manage Plugins part of Homeseer to activate it.

Comment

So I decided to give this plugin a shot on my Zee (linux). I manually installed the plugin by copying the exe to the Homeseer root, the ini to the Config, and the images to "images/OpenSprinkler"

The log is filled with "Error: OpenSprinkler Device is not responding"

Also, I can't get the settings page for this plugin to load. Clicking on the Opensprinkler Plugin's config link causes the page to load forever. The following two errors show up in the log:

Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

and

Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Comment

OK, I went into the folder and changed the OS_Error.png into OS_error.png.
                  I re-installed the plugin. Now it worked. However a new problem occurred.
                  It kept repeating the message;OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler Device is not responding

Code:
                  Jun-22 20:19:47	 	OS-Plugin	Error: OpenSprinkler Device is not responding
                  Jun-22 20:19:46	 	Info	Plugin OpenSprinkler has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40141

Comment

Also, I can't get the settings page for this plugin to load. Clicking on the Opensprinkler Plugin's config link causes the page to load forever. The following two errors show up in the log:
                    Same here. I changed the .ini file with correct ip adress and pswd, but did not help.

Comment

I had the same issue so I disabled the opensprinkler plugin then went found the plugin file on my HD and deleted it. Once it was deleted I went to PI manager and reinstalled the opensprinkler plugin and it now works fine.

Comment

Moved HS3 to Linux. Everything worked fine except install of OpenSprinkler:

Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed.
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Error Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Error, package file not found: /homeseer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Copying file: \homeseer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Copying file: \homeseer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Copying file: \homeseer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Installing package OpenSprinkler
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully
                        Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Downloading update: OpenSprinkler

I can't disable OpenSprinkler because it doesn't appear in the plugins list. Deleted all references to OpenSprinkler I could find in the HS directory and subdirectories, but install still fails.

Suggestions???

Rog

Comment

It appears that the official install config and package haven't been adjusted with the Linux compatible path definitions. You may need to copy the files to the correct locations yourself. Make sure all the files and folders have the same CASE. I think I posted earlier on this thread for what I had to adjust. I am not running OS anymore (no more sprinklers to control in my apartment), so I don't know if I still have my customized .ini install file available.

Originally posted by rloeb View Post

Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Error Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                          Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Error, package file not found: /homeseer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
                          Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Copying file: \homeseer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
                          Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Copying file: \homeseer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
                          Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Copying file: \homeseer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
                          Feb-14 11:43:05 AM Updater Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully

I can't disable OpenSprinkler because it doesn't appear in the plugins list. Deleted all references to OpenSprinkler I could find in the HS directory and subdirectories, but install still fails.

Suggestions???

Rog

Comment

Yes, found the post from earlier in this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=386

Originally posted by rloeb View Post

Suggestions???

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                              Hi guys,

I'm on here a lot less frequently lately, have two very young kids so don't get a lot of spare time for working on this stuff. The Opensprinkler firmware is constantly changed and I struggle to keep up with it.

Also, I only have old hardware, so a lot of the new features are not available to me and I can't upgrade my firmware past 2.1.5 so cant test anything.

I'm happy if someone wants to put their hand up and take over ownership of the plugin... the only rule is it has to remain free, and it has to remain backwards compatible with different firmwares.

Cheers.
                              Matt.
                              I'm hoping there is someone able to take this over to get some of the newer updates working?

Comment

Figured it out!

I think I figured out how to get the OpenSprinkler plugin working. I've got a Pi3B+ (which required a special build from HS due to some hardware changes from the regular Pi3), so I'm not running quite the same hardware and software as most of you likely are, but I don't think that really matters. My OpenSprinkler hardware is version 2.3 running the 2.1.7 firmware.

Like others in this thread, I was able to get the OpenSprinkler plugin installed by manually changing the name of the OS_Error.png file, but once it started running it would repeatedly spew messages about the device not responding. One of the posts in this thread had a link to the original author's (thank you Matt!) project source, and I downloaded that file with the hopes of being able to recompile the project. I never got that far (Visual Studio is complaining about some missing resource files), but I did find several different versions of the executable archived in the project, and I tried using several until I found one that works. It looks like the version of the .EXE that's in HS's plugin library is an older version. With the newer one installed on my Pi3B+, I now have what appears to be a functioning plugin!

For those of you who want to try this, the executable that I found that works is named "HSPI_OpenSprinkler 2.exe". It's 85,504 bytes, and dated 10-04-2016. I copied this file to the Pi and renamed it to "HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe" and when I re-enabled the plugin from the HS control panel, it allows me to access the plugin config panel. Once I set the parameters (IP address, port, password, polling) and restarted the plugin, everything seems to work. I haven't played with it much yet, but it appears to include all of the OpenSprinkler functionality, which is impressive. I'm brand new to HS, so I'm sure I still have a lot to figure out, but so far it's looking very interesting.

There was also a file named "HSPI_OpenSprinkler 3.exe" in the source project, but I haven't messed with it yet since the "2" version seems to work for me.

Eventually, I'd like to be able to compile the project so there's some chance of modifying functionality down the road, but it's been a *long* time since I've used any version of Visual Studio, and I suspect I have a steep learning curve to figure out why it's refusing to build the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X