Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to set multi-tap? (can't find instructions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to set multi-tap? (can't find instructions)

Hi,

Sorry if this is too basic of a question but what is the recommended way to set double and triple tap for HomeSeer dimmer switch (HS-WD100+ Z-Wave Plus)?

I spent time going through instructions shipped with the device and looking at the message board and still not clear.

I'd like:
    - 2-tap to put load at 100% (max light brightness)
    - 3-tap to turn on 3 different existing scenes

ISSUE? The printed instructions that come with the switch mention that the switch creates *3* devices (root, central scene, control). I get only 2; the root device is missing (or at least is not listed/grouped together with the other two... maybe the root is one of the generically labeled "Sigma" nodes I see in my list?)

NOTE! If it makes any difference, the way I am installing these new HomeSeer dimmers is by using the "replace node" button to swap some old Intermatic dimmers that fail to operate my new LED bulbs.

BTW, the GREAT NEWS is that as far as I can tell, the node replacement function seems to work, even though I am replacing an old Intermatic with the new feature-rich HomeSeer!

Originally posted by Strategerizer View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if this is too basic of a question but what is the recommended way to set double and triple tap for HomeSeer dimmer switch (HS-WD100+ Z-Wave Plus)?

I spent time going through instructions shipped with the device and looking at the message board and still not clear.

I'd like:
    - 2-tap to put load at 100% (max light brightness)
    - 3-tap to turn on 3 different existing scenes

ISSUE? The printed instructions that come with the switch mention that the switch creates *3* devices (root, central scene, control). I get only 2; the root device is missing (or at least is not listed/grouped together with the other two... maybe the root is one of the generically labeled "Sigma" nodes I see in my list?)

NOTE! If it makes any difference, the way I am installing these new HomeSeer dimmers is by using the "replace node" button to swap some old Intermatic dimmers that fail to operate my new LED bulbs.

BTW, the GREAT NEWS is that as far as I can tell, the node replacement function seems to work, even though I am replacing an old Intermatic with the new feature-rich HomeSeer!
    If you replaced an Intermatic with a HomeSeer, you will need to rescan the device from the Z-Wave tab on root. The old switch did not have a root, so you will need to look at whatever was the original device. When it is rescanned, it will create the root and 2 child nodes. If that works, it also might be a good idea to optimize the node again, since it is Z-Wave plus.

After you get the Central Scene child, you can use it to trigger events based on single, double and triple tap or key held. Be sure and use "This device had its value set to..." for your triggers.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, thanks for your feedback.

I also found a thread with screenshot instructions on setting up 2-tap and 3-tap: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181584. I followed that and was able to get it set up as I wanted.

BUT... I still do not have a root node for my two new HomeSeer dimmers, replacing an Intermatic and a Leviton.

Please clarify "you will need to rescan the device from the Z-Wave tab on root" - which root? Where do I go to do that?

I did do a "rescan" on the "control" node during my fiddling when I was setting up. Maybe that was what prompted me to have access to 2-tap and 3-tap. Now in my device management list the "control node" and "central scene node" appear together like they are grouped. But in the group are only these two nodes. I do see some other nodes that are not labeled in my long list of devices so it is possible the root nodes for my new dimmers are among those?

Comment

I did do a "rescan" on one of the orphan roots I found in the list, with a high node ID number so, if there is a root in the list from the new dimmers but not grouped with the other dimmer nodes, it is likely this is the root. Here is the report in the log, which ends in an error... not sure how to interpret?

Oct-07 2:58:07 PM Z-Wave Error Cannot get additional details about node 42 as there is no node information available.
        Oct-07 2:57:50 PM Z-Wave HomeTroller (Internal): Node 42 is reporting -1 command classes in the node information.
        Oct-07 2:57:50 PM Z-Wave HomeTroller (Internal): Node 42 is reporting -1 command classes in the node information.
        Oct-07 2:57:47 PM Z-Wave HomeTroller (Internal): Contacting node 42 to get supported features
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 42
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave HomeTroller (Internal): Contacting node 42 to get supported features
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 42
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 42...
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
        Oct-07 2:57:46 PM Z-Wave Found 49 Z-Wave nodes

Comment

Working...
        X