• Show
Clear All

Here are screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
      Here are screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about
      That is a bug! :-)

Fixed in v28. I've just sent the new .exe file over to cheeryfool for uploading to the main thread.

Happy turkey day!

Comment

Thanks.
        Happy Thanksgiving to you as well !

RISquare

Comment

v28 bug fix for serial connections that didn't show up as triggers.

v28 fixes a bug that prevented serial connections from showing up as triggers

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...17#post1132517
          cheeryfool

Comment

Is there a way to edit or disable the logging level?

If not I would like to request this feature...this plugin is at least half of the messages in my log.

Thank you in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
              Is there a way to edit or disable the logging level?

If not I would like to request this feature...this plugin is at least half of the messages in my log.

Thank you in advance...
              That's a good idea. I'll look into it for the next release.

Comment

USB to Serial?

I'm moving from a windows PC w/ serial ports & HS to a new win7 PC with no serial ports and HS3. With the new PC/HS3 I am using a Keyspan USB2Serial adaptor to communicate with a serial UPB PIM. With the old PC, I've been sending RS232 to Qmotion blinds (QConnect transmitter) from HS2 with scripting to the serial ports. Could I could use this plugin to send serial commands to the QConnect over another Keyspan USB2Serial adaptor?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
                  I'm moving from a windows PC w/ serial ports & HS to a new win7 PC with no serial ports and HS3. With the new PC/HS3 I am using a Keyspan USB2Serial adaptor to communicate with a serial UPB PIM. With the old PC, I've been sending RS232 to Qmotion blinds (QConnect transmitter) from HS2 with scripting to the serial ports. Could I could use this plugin to send serial commands to the QConnect over another Keyspan USB2Serial adaptor?
                  It should be with a USB2Serial adapter. The keyspan device should show up in Windows as a COM port.

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                    That's a good idea. I'll look into it for the next release.
                    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I have a more advanced logging routine in another plugin of mine. Will bring it over to this one.

Comment

...why UDP ???

@Krumpy, thanks for the suggestions.
                        As we are making a good progress towards the new universal communication plug-in code named "Big4" I was wondering if we need to include UDP + multi-casting.
                        Can you please give examples of devices and or practical situations that will benefit from that.

Comment

How can you see the GC-100 Serial Ports in IP/Serial Plugin for HS3

I've searched the forums and a couple PM's to drule.. And I've got this plugin up and running. I've successfully added a Denon 3808ci via TCP/IP, figured out the command structure ( PWON\r) as C escaped . All works. Working on the response status for Serial commands, but thats another issue.

Currently, I was expecting first off the GC PRO plugin I just spent $$ in hopes it would control ALL functions not just IR and Relay . I knew this plugin should per what post I read be able to control the GC-100 Serial Ports, but I never see the Serial Tab show up. I am using the HS2 Pi on a HomeTroller, understand I can by a USB to Serial adapter, but it was the reason why I grabbed a cheap GC-100 for all of those functions in one.

What I am missing? Only see TCP/IP, I have added the GC-100-12 to the connections...but no serial ports to config, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks ,

KeyMix

Current Date/Time: 12/11/2017 7:03:49 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
                          Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 19 Minutes 56 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.1.64
                          Number of Devices: 10
                          Number of Events: 5
                          Available Threads: 393

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.45.0: BLDenon
                          0.0.0.28: drhsIpPlugIn
                          5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
                          3.0.0.28: MediaController
                          3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

I have a GC-100-18 and am successfully using its serial port with the plugin. Use the web interface of the GC-100 to set the serial port's parameters, ie baud rate, start/stop bits, etc. Then in the plugin, create a TCP client pointing to the IP address of your GC-100, port 4999.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                              I have a GC-100-18 and am successfully using its serial port with the plugin. Use the web interface of the GC-100 to set the serial port's parameters, ie baud rate, start/stop bits, etc. Then in the plugin, create a TCP client pointing to the IP address of your GC-100, port 4999.

-David
                              Thanks David, I think my main issue is there is no Serial Tab shown. I am using a HomeTroller and not using PC HS3, just the HS3pi on the HomeTroller. I was assuming before I added the GC-100 that I would see the Serial Tab to show up after a device that had serial ports was added to the HomeTroller. I am currently not using any USB to Serial Adapter nor did I think i need to since my desire was to use the GC-100 for IR and Serial.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyMix View Post
                                Thanks David, I think my main issue is there is no Serial Tab shown. I am using a HomeTroller and not using PC HS3, just the HS3pi on the HomeTroller. I was assuming before I added the GC-100 that I would see the Serial Tab to show up after a device that had serial ports was added to the HomeTroller. I am currently not using any USB to Serial Adapter nor did I think i need to since my desire was to use the GC-100 for IR and Serial.
                                There's no serial tab in the plugin when it runs in Linux. But in your case you don't need one! The GC-100 is a serial server. All TCP traffic on port 4999 passes to the serial device connected to the GC-100. You can create commands, event triggers and pass-thru scripts exactly as you would for a serial port, except you use a connector that is configured as a TCP client on port 4999 if you device is connected to the first serial port on your GC-100-12 and port 5000 if your devices is connected to the second port.

Comment

Working...
                                X