No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I followed the instructions to instal the plugin and placed the ini file here"C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data" but there are no commands that show up under the command tab.

Comment

It should be in the config folder.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks. That's what it was. Another question how do I configure the connections. the ones in the example are to connect to a serial server. I run a Hometroller and the HDMI matrix is connected to com port 2 on the back of the Hometroller.

Comment

Great. For the serial port config, see post #14 above. For you, select serial and type in 2 in the address.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for your help I got it working. Is there a way to do status tracking in HSTouch. I have a screen with 8 buttons. 1 for -A1,A2 etc.. I want to light up the button that correspond with the status of the HDMI matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
              Thanks for your help I got it working. Is there a way to do status tracking in HSTouch. I have a screen with 8 buttons. 1 for -A1,A2 etc.. I want to light up the button that correspond with the status of the HDMI matrix.
              That's a jolly good question! Unfortunately I don't have HSTouch, so I'm not entirely sure how to do it, or what changes I'd need to make to the plugin to get it to work that way. Happy to try though!

There is an event action "Send status/value". This sends the current status or value of any Homeseer device over a connector to whatever might be listening on the other end. Right now I have been using this to send 'feedbacks' to iRule running on my iPad. In principle I think this is the same thing as status tracking in HSTouch. iRule feedbacks let me for instance, show bright/dim levels of my lights on my iRule pages. It's still a bit of a work in process as I haven't fully decided how I want this feature to end up, so there's scope for incorporating any suggestions.

-David

Comment

David

Is there a simple way to read the feedback/status from the matrix either in to global variables or virtual devices that might help freeon?
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                  David

Is there a simple way to read the feedback/status from the matrix either in to global variables or virtual devices that might help freeon?
                  Should be doable via a pass-thru script. Can i assume you are referring to the Monoprice HDMI matrix switch? If so, I'll try to dig mine out this weekend and I'll post a quick sample script that should do most of what you're after.

-David

P.S.
                  I'm not currently planning on updating my HS2 plugin for Monoprice switches to HS3 but beer might help to persuade me otherwise. ;-)

Comment

I was really just looking for solutions to freeon's question, though I will probably want to do this myself with my Monoprice HDMI matrix too.

If we can get similar functionality from the IP/Serial plugin (even using scripts) then IMHO leave the matrix plugin as HS2 only.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

The HDMI matrix is what I want to track but if it works and if could also work for my TV's connected via serial cable that would be nice.

Comment

Any idea were I can get the codes for my Panasonic TV and Projector

Comment

Drule. What's your favorite beer?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I don't have any questions yet since I just downloaded the new version, just wanted to send a big THANK YOU! I almost got the old version working with my extron matrix, could send commands, but not get status updates, but hopefully with the new version it will be easier. Thank you again for your continued work on this plugin!

OK... one quick question... I have a 16X16 Audio Matrix, 8X8 DVI matrix, and 4X4 HDMI matrix so typing out each command could get a bit clunky. Is there a limit on the number of commands that can be in the plugin? I am not sure if I should figure out a way to pass a variable into the script instead of setting each command.
                            Last edited by Drabbies; August 29, 2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                              Drule. What's your favorite beer?
                              I started work on this. Watch this space...

-David

Comment

Originally posted by Drabbies View Post
                                I don't have any questions yet since I just downloaded the new version, just wanted to send a big THANK YOU! I almost got the old version working with my extron matrix, could send commands, but not get status updates, but hopefully with the new version it will be easier. Thank you again for your continued work on this plugin!

OK... one quick question... I have a 16X16 Audio Matrix, 8X8 DVI matrix, and 4X4 HDMI matrix so typing out each command could get a bit clunky. Is there a limit on the number of commands that can be in the plugin? I am not sure if I should figure out a way to pass a variable into the script instead of setting each command.
                                You're very welcome! There have been a few delays in releases this year as I've been travelling a lot for my day job. Cheeryfool is currently testing the next beta and hopefully it will be uploaded soon. After it's been in the wild for a week or two, I think I'll change the version number to 1.0 (or maybe 3.0) and call it released.

There is no limit to the number of commands you can define but a script would be an elegant solution.

-David

Comment

Working...
                                X