This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wposner View Post
    Unfortunately, events don't return enough info to be able to toggle an icon. It doesn't report state to be able to determine which icon to load.
    Ok, I can probably add another heading for Status devices and have that virtual device show what is being displayed. Actually it may end up being a better solution to do it this way.

Comment

New build posted at top of the thread.

Comment

False alarm....I got it working....

Comment

That code is ok. If you open the developer console what errors do you get?

Comment

Well I have gotten past the Blank Black screen and it is showing devices but the navigation bar is not showing up...no rooms. On the mobile, the menu bar has a blank drop down.

Comment

Screenshot...
              Attached Files

Comment

Well it looks like I had to clear my browser cache. Both on my tablets and windows machines. After I did that, everything displayed as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                  Well I have gotten past the Blank Black screen and it is showing devices but the navigation bar is not showing up...no rooms. On the mobile, the menu bar has a blank drop down.
                  For all thes builds the only folders you should be replacing at this point at the component and css folder and the index.html file. Do you have a backup from the last build or can somehow roll back and then upgrade without overwriting so much stuff?

Comment

I just upgraded from 2.7.3-8 to 2.8.3-5. I am losing way too much screen estate at the top of the page under the navbar before the tiles appear. The wasted space has actually increased between these 2 builds (possibly due to the fix for the overlapping navbar?)

Is there anything that can be done to move the tiles to the top of the page, even if it's an edit that I have to apply locally after each build?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                      For all thes builds the only folders you should be replacing at this point at the component and css folder and the index.html file. Do you have a backup from the last build or can somehow roll back and then upgrade without overwriting so much stuff?
                      I have noticed this as well....on mobile devices the pages look good but on windows there is some blank space under the nav bar. Maybe it is worth putting the tile start location as a parameter we can change? My main interfaces are 7" Tablets and phones. I have one windows machine but it isn't a daily interface. I use it when I am testing page changes.

I back up my HS3 folder nightly using the BLBackup plugin so I can roll back but everything is good now.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                        I just upgraded from 2.7.3-8 to 2.8.3-5. I am losing way too much screen estate at the top of the page under the navbar before the tiles appear. The wasted space has actually increased between these 2 builds (possibly due to the fix for the overlapping navbar?)

Is there anything that can be done to move the tiles to the top of the page, even if it's an edit that I have to apply locally after each build?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
                        I'll see what I can do to further refine. I know I can get the tiles closer to the nav bar so it displays nicely. The issue I'm having right now is for nav bars that span two lines, the tiles get too close. I'm sure I'll find a few values that work for everyone.

Comment

Can you give me a pointer where this could be changed? I don't mind having a poke around and quite willing to have my own custom version of a file(s) that I handcraft after each new build. I really want to be able to get my tiles upto the top.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                            Can you give me a pointer where this could be changed? I don't mind having a poke around and quite willing to have my own custom version of a file(s) that I handcraft after each new build. I really want to be able to get my tiles upto the top.
                            The code is in metro.css.min, but because it's "minified' as part of the build process and it's very difficult to work with. The padding-top value for the body tag and the first padding value for tile-area are the two main values that need to be adjusted.

Comment

metro.min.css.txt

Try this. Stick it in the css folder and remove the .txt. I have two browsers open --one with a single row of tabs and one with two rows. The tiles are positioned immediately below the nav bar when there are two rows of tiles and in a position that looks about the same as when I first put out the 2.x build.

Looks to be the best compromise.

Comment

I've just loaded v2835 and my tab with <staticimage> tiles now show as single tiles instead of three wide - do these have to be redefined in the html under this version ?

Edit image attached
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by naellis; July 24, 2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X