Cannot get node information after recovering zwave database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get node information after recovering zwave database

Last night my Homeseer didn't shut down cleanly (system rebooted without exiting Homeseer). When it came back up there were no z-wave devices.

I recovered by copying one of the backup z-wave.db files from half an hour before and also Homeseerdata.hsd backup.

Everything seems to work fine now...except if I try to rescan a device I get:

Z-Wave Error Cannot get additional details about node 111 as there is no node information available.

This happens to all devices. If I remove and re-add then I can rescan fine.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening...I don't want to remove and re add 90 devices, edit events, HStouch etc etc

thanks

forgot my system info!

Current Date/Time: 11/12/2017 12:24:49
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 31 Minutes 58 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.42
    Number of Devices: 860
    Number of Events: 146
    Available Threads: 1600

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.45.0: BLDenon
    2.0.22.0: BLOccupied
    2.0.34.0: BLSecurity
    3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.28: Nest
    3.0.1.90: PHLocation
    0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
    3.1.0.22: Sonos
    3.0.1.165: Z-Wave

Comment

You do not need to recover this file. Delete it and it should be automatically recreated.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks

I've just checked my notes and I was actually mistaken! I did originally copy the backup zwave.db file over last night when trying to recover but later on deleted it and let Homeseer rebuild it. I've now copied the zwave2.db from last night back and everything is fine, I can rescan.

I've some interesting observations now though as the errors I'm seeing are when I let Homeseer rebuild the zwave.db

If I delete zwave2.db and let Homeseer rebuild it then everything appears to work ok - but If I try and rescan a node I get errors.

If I copy the old zwave2.db file from before the issue yesterday then everything is fine and I can rescan fine.

In both the above, any device added subsequently works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by budejake View Post
          Thanks

I've just checked my notes and I was actually mistaken! I did originally copy the backup zwave.db file over last night when trying to recover but later on deleted it and let Homeseer rebuild it. I've now copied the zwave2.db from last night back and everything is fine, I can rescan.

I've some interesting observations now though as the errors I'm seeing are when I let Homeseer rebuild the zwave.db

If I delete zwave2.db and let Homeseer rebuild it then everything appears to work ok - but If I try and rescan a node I get errors.

If I copy the old zwave2.db file from before the issue yesterday then everything is fine and I can rescan fine.

In both the above, any device added subsequently works fine.
          What errors are you receiving when you let HS3 rebuild the db?
          What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry for delay - not had opportunity to recreate until now as using backup db file was fine.

Had to delete the DB the the other day and now getting errors again (when I try to scan devices):

Jan-27 23:09:22 Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 84, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
            Jan-27 23:09:12 Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 80, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
            Jan-27 23:09:07 Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 70, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
            Jan-27 23:08:58 Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 69, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.

or did you mean do I get errors when it is actually building the database file?

I'm on .165 of zwave plugin:

Current Date/Time: 27/01/2018 23:16:50
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 12 Minutes 29 Seconds
            Number of Devices: 877
            Number of Events: 149
            Available Threads: 1600

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.22.0: BLOccupied
            2.0.35.0: BLSecurity
            3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger