AmbiLight/Homeseer Dual Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AmbiLight/Homeseer Dual Use?

I'm in the planning stages of redesigning my living room, and am thinking about making an R-Pi ambilight through a HDMI->RCA->USB capture and Hyperion.

Is it possible to have this system be dual use? EG, 99% of the time, have Hyperion working with the incoming signal. But, if HS runs an event, it can override the USB capture, and display sequences from HS, then after a time, resume USB capture?

I'll be building based on this site's recommendations: https://christianmoser.me/how-to-amb...y-hdmi-source/

Thanks for the help!

sure it's possible, that's what the priority and duration parameters are designed for.
    If you set a lower priority value for the HS plugin than the one you set for your USB capture, then the commands sent by the HS plugin will override the ones sent by the USB capture for the duration you specified, then the USB capture will resume.

see the user guide for more information

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      sure it's possible, that's what the priority and duration parameters are designed for.
      If you set a lower priority value for the HS plugin than the one you set for your USB capture, then the commands sent by the HS plugin will override the ones sent by the USB capture for the duration you specified, then the USB capture will resume.

see the user guide for more information
      That's FANTASTIC! This is such a cool system. I bought a LightPack at their kickstarter, but with my new living room & a MUCH bigger TV, I want a more robust solution, and I might as well build in as much cool functionality as possible. If HS can play overlord, this opens up a lot of stuff for me.

Thank you!

Comment

I nearly have things working now. My only hitch is I can't seem to get Hyperion to switch back to the video grabber once I've cleared the priority channel I'm using for the homeseer events.

I have two events right now. One that sets a color for some large number of seconds, and another that clears that priority channel.

The color sets properly, but the clear command doesn't seem to do anything at all. Once I've set something for a set amount of time, I can't clear it pre-maturely. Is that expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
          I nearly have things working now. My only hitch is I can't seem to get Hyperion to switch back to the video grabber once I've cleared the priority channel I'm using for the homeseer events.

I have two events right now. One that sets a color for some large number of seconds, and another that clears that priority channel.

The color sets properly, but the clear command doesn't seem to do anything at all. Once I've set something for a set amount of time, I can't clear it pre-maturely. Is that expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong?
          I have a similar setup to you (although I use the Lightberry.eu solution). I issue a "Clear All" command from the Hyperion plug-in which resets it to use the video grabber.

Worst case you could probably use plink.exe to reboot the ambilight
          Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post

The Clear command should work properly but you need to make sure you use the same priority for the SetColor action and the Clear action.
            How do you set colors and clear? Do you use Hyperion actions, "Control a Device" actions or scripting functions?

If you set a color with priority 10, then set a different one with priority 5, then clear priority 5, does it correctly revert back to the first color?

Comment

Whelp. I went home today and dug in to get this working, and it just worked.

I did nothing, and it worked.

Now, I have had some issues getting the events to register the hyperion plugin settings sometimes. For instance, I'll use the "set color" Hyperion Action (not a device control) and it won't collapse properly. Don't know what's going on there, but usually clicking on and setting the priority and seconds fields will make it click into place and work. Perhaps it's related? The "clear" action also has issues registering the priority channel. Sometimes it WILL twirl down, but the field is blank.

Ah well. Working now. Thanks for the help, and the awesome plugin!

Comment

Working...
              X