This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch client 1.0.0.41 cannot select soundcard for speaker client

Just installed the latest HSTouch client 1.0.0.41 and the server 1.0.0.16. The HSTouch client shows up in HSPro as a speaker client. I have two soundcards on my HSTouch PC, and I would like to select the non-default soundcard for HSTouch to use for speaker client actions. In the HS standalone speaker client, I can select which soundcard to use. Where can I select the soundcard to use by HSTouch? Or is HSTOuch client not able to select which soundcard to use?

Regards,

Ron

If you are using a Windows PC, you might as well use the normal speaker client as it has more options. The speaker client in HSTouch is a "basic" client and just speaks out the default sound card. We are trying to keep the HSTouch clients "light wieght".

There are new settings in HomeSeer 2.4.0.46 and later where you can specify the deafult clients for speaking. So you can use this to exclude some HSTouch clients if you need to. This setting is on the General tab at the bottom of the page.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      If you are using a Windows PC, you might as well use the normal speaker client as it has more options. The speaker client in HSTouch is a "basic" client and just speaks out the default sound card. We are trying to keep the HSTouch clients "light wieght".

There are new settings in HomeSeer 2.4.0.46 and later where you can specify the deafult clients for speaking. So you can use this to exclude some HSTouch clients if you need to. This setting is on the General tab at the bottom of the page.
      I can see a need to avoid the real speaker client. Or to disable the speaker client in hstouch.

example 1: (using hstouch's speaker instead of real speaker client)
      You've got fancy voices you don't want to or can't install on multiple machines

Maybe if you add the option to turn off the speaker client in hstouch or detect that a speaker client is already running and turn it off by default.

And / Or add a feature in the full speaker client that does the same process the wav on the server to preserver the expensive voices across all clients.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

In the latest HS (2.4.0.46 and later) there is a new setting so you can set the default clients for speaking. This will allow you to specify which clients to use.

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
        I can see a need to avoid the real speaker client. Or to disable the speaker client in hstouch.

example 1: (using hstouch's speaker instead of real speaker client)
        You've got fancy voices you don't want to or can't install on multiple machines

Maybe if you add the option to turn off the speaker client in hstouch or detect that a speaker client is already running and turn it off by default.

And / Or add a feature in the full speaker client that does the same process the wav on the server to preserver the expensive voices across all clients.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          In the latest HS (2.4.0.46 and later) there is a new setting so you can set the default clients for speaking. This will allow you to specify which clients to use.
          Okay, so now I need to setup defaults for all of my non HS touch speaker clients. That's not too bad.

How about an option to have homeseer speak to wav and play on the regular speaker client as it's doing with the HSTouchSpeak? I'd like to continue to use the speaker client for VR and in places where I don't have or want an hstouch client launched, but would love to not have to install the voices on multiple machines. So basically HSTouchsSpeak speaker is "better" for what I want for speaking, but lacks the option for VR or selecting sound cards etc....
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
          X