This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    No, the Pioneer VSX-823 is not supported because it does not fully implement the Pioneer RS232 control protocol. Only a small subset of features are available on the VSX-823.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Tats too bad , its quite amazing what control is offered via the Android app across the LAN port. Is Pioneer RS232 still a widely used protocol with Pioneer in times when Ethernet control apps are becoming more common?

Comment

No, the Pioneer VSX-823 is not supported because it does not fully implement the Pioneer RS232 control protocol. Only a small subset of features are available on the VSX-823.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      I may have a chance to return the VSX 823 and pick up a VSX 1028 that includes AV Navigator A PC control program does the plugin support the VSX 1028 ?

Comment

Yes, it looks like the VSX-1028 is supported. The plug-in works with the following receivers supported by the Pioneer iControlAV2013:

* Set the network standby --> "ON" beforehand, you can turn ON your AV receiver with iControlAV2013.

USA/Canada : SC-79, SC-77, SC-75, SC-1523, SC-1528, SC-72, SC-1323,
        SC-1328, SC-71, SC-1223, SC-1228, VSX-70, VSX-1123, VSX-1128, VSX-1028
        South-America : SC-LX87, SC-LX77, SC-LX57, VSX-1123, VSX-923
        Europe : SC-LX87, SC-LX77, SC-LX57, SC-2023, SC-1223, VSX-1123, VSX-923
        Asean : SC-LX87, SC-LX77, SC-LX57, SC-2023, SC-1223, VSX-1123, VSX-923
        Osceania : SC-LX87, SC-LX77, SC-LX57, SC-2023, SC-1223, VSX-1123, VSX-923
        Middle-East : SC-LX87, SC-LX77, SC-LX57, SC-2023, SC-1223, VSX-1123,
        VSX-923
        East-Asia : SC-LX87, SC-LX77, SC-LX57, SC-1223, VSX-1123, VSX-923

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Any here is the 2012 lineup:

USA/Canada : SC-68, SC-67, SC-65, SC-1522-K, SC-1527-K, SC-63, SC-61,
          SC-1222-K, SC-1227-K,VSX-60, VSX-1122-K, VSX-1127-K, VSX-1027-K
          South-America : SC-68, SC-67, SC-65, SC-63, SC-61, VSX-60, VSX-1122-K,
          SC-LX56, VSX-922-K
          Europe : SC-LX86, SC-LX76, SC-LX56, SC-2022-K, VSX-1122-K, VSX-922-K
          Asean : SC-LX86, SC-LX76, SC-LX56, SC-2022-K, VSX-1122-K, VSX-922-K
          Oceania : SC-LX86, SC-LX76, SC-LX56, SC-2022-K, VSX-1122-K, VSX-922-K
          Middle-East : SC-LX86, SC-LX76, SC-LX56, SC-2022-K, VSX-1122-K, VSX-922-K
          East-Asia : SC-LX86, SC-LX76, SC-LX56, VSX-1122-K, VSX-922-K
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by sparkysar View Post
            Tats too bad , its quite amazing what control is offered via the Android app across the LAN port. Is Pioneer RS232 still a widely used protocol with Pioneer in times when Ethernet control apps are becoming more common?
            Sorry, for clarification the RS232 protocol is what is used via the Ethernet connection. If the Android application can turn the receiver on/off, then so can the UltraPioneerAVR plug-in. I would just need to add the receiver to the supported list. Can you confirm?

Comment

UltraPioneerAVR HSPI - Support for 22 New 2012 and 2013 Pioneer Receivers

R/UJ,
              Is it possible to allow us to *add* commands that are available in the
              IR remote and can be sent via IP to command the device? I see in the
              protocol spec there is a way to embed any IR code in an IP command ---
              or --- are you already doing that?

If we can get the IR codes, we can pretty much use your plug-in to
              control the Pioneer equipment. We just blindly send commands. Maybe
              there is a clean way to monitor for feedback of custom hex commands sent
              in place of IR remote buttons.

I know I get a little burned every time I have to grab an IR remote
              instead of having it programmable in HSTouch using your plug-in. Not
              your fault Pioneer did not make them native ip / 232 control commands,
              but they did extend it with the IR hex command option.
              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Huh? Where is this IR hex command option documented? What commands are available via the remote that are not available via the plug-in?

Comment

UltraPioneerAVR HSPI - Support for 22 New 2012 and 2013 Pioneer Receivers

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ainment-Custom
                  -Install/IR+Codes/A+V+Receivers
                  http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ainment-Custom
                  -Install/IR+Codes/A+V+Receivers
                  /PUSA/Support/Home-Entertainment-Custom-Install/RS-232+&+IP+Codes/A+V+Re
                  ceivers

/A181AFBC/RU

Example command to Power ON/OFF just like the IR remote

/A184FFFF/RU is the UP arrow
                  /A187FFFF/RU is LEFT
                  /A181AFEF/RU is ENTER
                  /A186FFF/RU is RIGHT
                  /A185FFF/RU is down
                  /A181AFB9/RU is pop-up menu

I do not know how many will work as is, but this is a common option on
                  Pioneer IP/RS232 control.

Maybe it is simply undocumented.

If it works or is not supported, it returns "R". If it returns "E04",
                  it definitely did not work.
                  If "E04" is received, it means key lock is on. To enable commands when
                  in key lock, commands 99RJ, PL, ST, SF, SR, NF, and NR are supposed to
                  allow RCU codes (if they are supported).
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Sorry, for clarification the RS232 protocol is what is used via the Ethernet connection. If the Android application can turn the receiver on/off, then so can the UltraPioneerAVR plug-in. I would just need to add the receiver to the supported list. Can you confirm?
                    Hi
                    You were correct the 823 was only partialy compatible and would not operate under the 2013 android Icontrol as described. I got the 1028 works well only thin that may need tweaking is the Sat/ Cable funtion does not show in the list of master functions
                    I registered your Plugin for HS3 last night
                    Thanks.

Comment

I have a Pioneer vsx-1022k that has been working (mostly) with the plugin for some time. My question is whether it's possible to manually add more 'input' devices to the dropdown in the device for inputs. I see a slew of inputs available, and inspecting them I see each has an associated value. My problem is that 2 of the inputs I use are not listed in here, and their values are skipped. For example the input 'Game' on my receiver shows a value of 6 when I check the device in HS2pro, but it shows no name in the dropdown and I am therefore unable to select it via the plugin. This value is skipped when I inspect the values of all the dropdowns. Is there a way to either manually add this, or force a value of 6 via a script or editing a config file or something of that nature. (It may not be 6, I am not at home right now, but I seem to remember that). I am using the HS2 version of the plugin. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Your receiver isn't listed in the Pioneer 2011 model year API documentation. What values are missing?

Comment

Your receiver isn't listed in the Pioneer 2011 model year API documentation. What values are missing?
                          I went through and compared all the input of the receiver to those listed in the input dropdowns. The ones that are missing are Sat/Cbl - value 6, and Game - value 49.

Some of the others the inputs don't quite match the names but that is still useable.
                          Last edited by vjnexus; June 1, 2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vjnexus View Post
                            I went through and compared all the input of the receiver to those listed in the input dropdowns. The ones that are missing are Sat/Cbl - value 6, and Game - value 49.

Some of the others the inputs don't quite match the names but that is still useable.
                            The input 06 - SAT/CAB was new with the 2012 receivers. I don't see 49 in any of the Pioneer API documentation. Is your receiver connected via serial or network? If it is connected via network, was it auto discovered? And if yes, is the make/model reported as VSX-1022?

Once I add the VSX-1022 as a valid model, it will configure the input "06 - SAT/CAB" when the input device is created. I am a bit confused on the input 49 though. I am still trying to find where this is documented ...

Comment

The input 06 - SAT/CAB was new with the 2012 receivers. I don't see 49 in any of the Pioneer API documentation. Is your receiver connected via serial or network? If it is connected via network, was it auto discovered? And if yes, is the make/model reported as VSX-1022?

Once I add the VSX-1022 as a valid model, it will configure the input "06 - SAT/CAB" when the input device is created. I am a bit confused on the input 49 though. I am still trying to find where this is documented ...
                              It has been so long since I got it working it's hard to remember. I do remember it was difficult to setup and I think I had to manually enter the model and mac address...? Honestly I don't remember. I know I had to set the ip address to use port:8102. It is showing model VSX-1022 and is connected via the network.

Comment

Anything further on getting the inputs on a vsx-1022?

Comment

Working...
                                X