www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > SDJ-Health Plug-in (3P)

Old February 20th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
I have 2 monoprice motion sensors that aren't being picked up. To be fair, the battery %s haven't changed since I included them. I don't see any wakeup notifications in the logs, which explains why the plugin isn't picking them up. They do send motion and temp without an issue.

More of a general question: Does anyone else have these motion sensors working with this plugin?

p.s. I did check the wakeup on 1 and it was set to 1 hour, and that is when I get the temp updates.
This may be a non-issue. After waking it up to check the wake up time, that one is now working. Battery reports at 100% (Which is highly unlikely), but it is reporting and now I can at least monitor it via this plugin
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mterry63 View Post
It would be great if an event action would allow setting a battery threshold to trigger on for all monitored devices. I currently run an event every day that iterates through all battery Z-wave devices and emails me the device name if any are below 20%, but it takes a bit of effort in an event to do this.
Check out this thread. I only have one event that monitors all my battery devices and send out reports/emails based upon the value of the device with the lowest battery.

https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...=167862&page=3
Old March 2nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Seer

Should not this generate some other icon then "green" given that the battery is warning?

Aeotek Gen6 Door Sensor Ytterdörr [Root]
Last Wake Time: 2017-03-02 14:58
Last Sleep Period: 19 mins
Battery Level: Battery Low Warning
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:32 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSJ View Post
I didn't hear anymore from Go4IT but the latest version attached to message #7 will hopefully cure this particular issue. However, I'm shooting blind unless someone with a single network, multiple controller setup can test it.

Steve
Sorry for not responding earlier. I've downloaded v3.0.2.8 and the issue is solved

Thanks!
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:58 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjoh View Post
Should not this generate some other icon then "green" given that the battery is warning?

Aeotek Gen6 Door Sensor Ytterdörr [Root]
Last Wake Time: 2017-03-02 14:58
Last Sleep Period: 19 mins
Battery Level: Battery Low Warning
Yes and no. The current version is purely dead or alive. The next version, which I have been working on for the last month and I should be posting this weekend, can alert on battery levels, discharge rate and life since last battery change.

The original purpose of the plug-in was to let me know when my devices die, and arose out of the fact that battery reporting, at least with Z-Wave devices, is so inaccurate. I have devices that operate fine for weeks whilst reporting 0% and others that die when still reporting more than 50%, so battery level as a global setting is not much use. This will remain the primary purpose of the plug-in together with reporting all alerts from one root device.

Having said that, I have extended the plug-in to be able to alert on level, rate and life but not before building in the ability to override global trigger levels on a device by device basis. I have also built in more ways of monitoring devices which extends the plug-in beyond Z-Wave only. I am putting the final touches to it and should post for testing soon.

Steve
Attached Images

Old March 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Yes and no. The current version is purely dead or alive. The next version, which I have been working on for the last month and I should be posting this weekend, can alert on battery levels, discharge rate and life since last battery change.

The original purpose of the plug-in was to let me know when my devices die, and arose out of the fact that battery reporting, at least with Z-Wave devices, is so inaccurate. I have devices that operate fine for weeks whilst reporting 0% and others that die when still reporting more than 50%, so battery level as a global setting is not much use. This will remain the primary purpose of the plug-in together with reporting all alerts from one root device.

Having said that, I have extended the plug-in to be able to alert on level, rate and life but not before building in the ability to override global trigger levels on a device by device basis. I have also built in more ways of monitoring devices which extends the plug-in beyond Z-Wave only. I am putting the final touches to it and should post for testing soon.

Steve
Sounds awesome!
Old March 4th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4IT View Post
Sorry for not responding earlier. I've downloaded v3.0.2.8 and the issue is solved
Glad it's sorted.
Steve
Old March 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
This may be a non-issue. After waking it up to check the wake up time, that one is now working. Battery reports at 100% (Which is highly unlikely), but it is reporting and now I can at least monitor it via this plugin
I also have 3 Monoprice motion sensors, but only using one at the moment. Initially it showed battery at 0% for a long time. I was able to get it to "update" by waking it up. It then showed its battery status at 90%. But that was on 2/02 (a month ago). It has not updated its status since that time. Not really sure why. Z-Wave parameter says it should update battery status every 12 hours (polling interval). But nothing for the last month.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Seer Deluxe

Installed plug-in .28

Found Everspring humidity sensor and First Alert CO/Fire.

Not sure why my Kwikset locks (910) have not shown up as I set them up on the config page.
Old March 5th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralnet View Post
Found Everspring humidity sensor and First Alert CO/Fire.

Not sure why my Kwikset locks (910) have not shown up as I set them up on the config page.
If you mean that you selected them to be polled, then what you need to do is:
-set LogLevel to 2
-wait for the length of time that the poll interval is set to
-filter the log to only show SDJ-Health messages
-look for messages about polling
-post an extract from the log around a polling time

If the locks are appearing in the list of devices available for polling then that means they are Z-Wave, have a battery child and have reported to HS3 that the battery can be polled. However, they may not be responding properly to the actual poll. The log results should indicate what is happening.

Steve
Old March 6th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
I also have 3 Monoprice motion sensors, but only using one at the moment. Initially it showed battery at 0% for a long time. I was able to get it to "update" by waking it up. It then showed its battery status at 90%. But that was on 2/02 (a month ago). It has not updated its status since that time. Not really sure why. Z-Wave parameter says it should update battery status every 12 hours (polling interval). But nothing for the last month.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I had to wake mine up, go to the z-wave settings for the root device, then click "settings" -> "Ready" (once you have it awake) -> Then click "Set" for the wake-up. it was already set to 1 hour, but I don't think the actual device had it set for some reason. Either way, that seemed to do it for me. I've only done 1 of my 2 devices though.

Edit: and you don't need to set a polling value for battery devices. As far as I know it won't actually do anything. Battery devices can't be "polled", they have to wake up and report their values. Locks are the exception to this rule.
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Seer Master

* UPDATED * Current version is attached to message #241 of this thread(page 13)

I have attached version 3.0.4.2 to this message. This is a pretty comprehensive update and therefore is very much a BETA. Don’t install it unless you are adventurous and back up first. I won’t replace the version in message #7 yet as I want to ensure there aren’t any major issues with this one first. You also can’t go back a version without deleting the monitoring devices.

The main changes are as follows:

• Now can monitor and raise alerts on battery level, discharge rate and age, in addition to whether the device has died.
• Date batteries are replaced can be detected automatically by a configurable increase in battery percentage or manually set.
• Parameters, such as trigger levels, alerts, etc are set globally but can be overridden for individual monitoring devices if required.
• Monitoring devices can be disabled/enabled temporarily or permanently.
• There are now 4 ways of monitoring whether devices are alive:

1-WakeUp log messages (Z-Wave only)
2-Heartbeats (only been tested on ZSmokes so far)
3-Poll battery child (Z-Wave only)
4-Activity indicated by device status changes on any of the child devices belonging to the root device.

The new Activity Monitoring method checks all the child devices associated with the root of the device being monitored to see whether any activity has taken place in a defined period. The defined period is set globally but the period of inactivity before triggering an alert is determined by the MissedWakeupFactor and Overrun time which can be set globally and modified locally for each device.

Whichever method is used to create a monitoring child device, the battery data is monitored and alerts can be raised on the single SDJ-Health Root Monitoring device. As before events only need to be set up for the Root Monitoring device so they don’t need to be changed as devices are added or removed.

The primary purpose of this plug-in has always been to determine when devices have died, rather than placing too much reliance on battery levels. Battery levels can be useful but can also be fairly random, in my experience. Hopefully the ability to customise trigger levels for individual devices makes it a little more useful. Even though dead or alive is the critical factor for me, alerting on this can be turned off, as can any of the battery alerts.

If ‘Monitoring Log for WakeUps’ is turned on then monitoring devices will be created automatically as log messages are detected. This is the best method for detecting when a device dies but only works with non-listening Z-Wave battery devices that issue regular Wake-Up messages in the log. If you don’t have any of these devices you can turn this off so that the plug-in doesn’t need to monitor the log.

If ‘Monitor Heartbeats’ is turned on device value changes will be monitored looking for ‘Alarm Heartbeat’ status changes. Again monitoring devices are created automatically as heartbeats are detected. This has only been tested with ZSmokes but there may be other devices it works with. If you aren’t using this sort of device leave this turned off so that the plug-in doesn’t have to monitor device changes.

Polling the battery child is the third best method and generally works with Z-Wave always on devices with pollable battery childs. The devices to be polled have to be selected from a list of available devices.

Activity monitoring is the fall back method and should work in principle with any device that has a root and a battery child. It is least effective in detecting dead/alive because it relies on some activity taking place. If the device is a sensor that often sends data to HS3 then it will be very affective. If it is something like a siren which sits waiting to receive a signal and very rarely sends any data then polling is much more effective. As with polling the devices need to be selected from a list.

The global parameters and monitoring methods, etc, are set from the ‘Config’ page.

To override settings for an individual monitoring child click on the child name and there is a SDJ-Health tab added to the device details.

In addition to the SDJ-Health.exe file, which should be copied to the root folder, there is now a folder of graphic files which needs to be copied to the images folder:

//Homeseer HS3/html/images/SDJ-Health

I need to write out a full set of instructions for this plug-in, which I will do when I have more time. Read the instructions in message #7 of this thread which describes the basics.

The attached screen shot shows 2 example events that I use for monitoring. The first event notifies me with a pushover message every time an alert of any sort is raised by the plugin. The message shows the type of alert raised and the name of the device that raised the alert (1597 is the Ref number of my SDJ-Health Root Monitoring Device). The event then waits for a minute, in case any other alerts are raised at the same time (the plugin will pause a couple of settings between alerts to allow events to trigger). It then runs the second event which sends me an email with the details of all my monitored devices. You can easily amend the second event to just send a list of devices that are in an alert status. You could also set it to report to you at regular intervals, say every day or week.

The first event can be turned into separate events that trigger on the different types of alerts but as the message tells you which type of alert has been raised it's not necessary.

Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by SteveMSJ; April 14th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old March 7th, 2017, 09:32 AM
OverSeer

Thanks Steve, I have the new version installed and so far all is working great.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Seer Deluxe

Sparkman

I just installed the new plug-in but it does not show up in my manage plug-in files. Just prior to this I did an HS3 upgrade (HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.312 (Windows). Any thoughts?
Bob
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Seer Deluxe

Sparkman I spoke too soon. I added the html file into the image file not thinking it should be the SJ Health file. Runing just fine now.
Old March 7th, 2017, 11:00 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralnet View Post
Sparkman

I just installed the new plug-in but it does not show up in my manage plug-in files. Just prior to this I did an HS3 upgrade (HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.312 (Windows). Any thoughts?
Bob
Hi Bob,

Have you tried restarting HS after?

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old March 7th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Seer Master

I've updated to 3.0.4.0 but when I try to access the config I get the error message and log entrys below.

ERROR in GetPagePlugin: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Livingroom Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor(Z-Wave)' Key being added: 'Livingroom Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor(Z-Wave)'

Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health Activity Checking stopped.
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health Polling devices stopped.
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #989
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #988
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #987
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #986
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #985
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1048
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1047
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1038
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1030
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1028
Mar-07 15:49:42 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SDJ-Health
Mar-07 15:49:42 SDJ-Health Version 3.0.4.0 Initialized.

I stopped HS3, copied in the .exe and the images folder, restarted HS3. I've even stopped the plugin and deleted the .ini and .ini backup file and restarted but still the same error.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks
Simon
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonk View Post
I've updated to 3.0.4.0 but when I try to access the config I get the error message and log entrys below.

ERROR in GetPagePlugin: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Livingroom Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor(Z-Wave)' Key being added: 'Livingroom Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor(Z-Wave)'

Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health Activity Checking stopped.
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health Polling devices stopped.
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #989
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #988
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #987
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #986
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #985
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1048
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1047
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1038
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1030
Mar-07 15:49:54 SDJ-Health PEData read sucessfully from child device #1028
Mar-07 15:49:42 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SDJ-Health
Mar-07 15:49:42 SDJ-Health Version 3.0.4.0 Initialized.

I stopped HS3, copied in the .exe and the images folder, restarted HS3. I've even stopped the plugin and deleted the .ini and .ini backup file and restarted but still the same error.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks
Simon
It looks like something might be a bit messed up with the monitoring devices. If this was upgraded from the earlier version then perhaps something didn't convert correctly. The error in GetPagePlugin is because it is trying to add two devices with the same name to the list. It is probably due to the same issue but it's not impossible to have 2 devices named the same so I have corrected that bug and uploaded 3.0.4.1 to the earlier post. This will hopefully allow you to open the Config page. Change to LogLevel 2 and restart the plugin which should give me a bit more information to track down which devices it is having problems with.

Steve
Old March 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

Sparkman, Yes I rebooted the system but it got originally hung up because I just dumped the HTML into the image file. The plug-in did not like that.
Old March 7th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
It looks like something might be a bit messed up with the monitoring devices. If this was upgraded from the earlier version then perhaps something didn't convert correctly. The error in GetPagePlugin is because it is trying to add two devices with the same name to the list. It is probably due to the same issue but it's not impossible to have 2 devices named the same so I have corrected that bug and uploaded 3.0.4.1 to the earlier post. This will hopefully allow you to open the Config page. Change to LogLevel 2 and restart the plugin which should give me a bit more information to track down which devices it is having problems with.

Steve
I left it running for 10 minutes, filtered log below.

Code:
Mar-07 21:58:47	 	SDJ-Health	Device #508 added to message queue for processing.
Mar-07 21:58:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:58:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:58:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:58:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:58:38	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:56:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:56:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:56:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:56:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:56:38	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:54:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:54:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:54:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:54:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:54:38	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	PEData written sucessfully to child device #987
Mar-07 21:52:38	 	SDJ-Health	Device #674 found in database
Mar-07 21:51:24	 	SDJ-Health	Device #674 added to message queue for processing.
Mar-07 21:50:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:50:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:50:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:50:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:50:38	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:50:38	 	SDJ-Health	PEData written sucessfully to child device #988
Mar-07 21:50:37	 	SDJ-Health	Device #684 found in database
Mar-07 21:50:17	 	SDJ-Health	Device #684 added to message queue for processing.
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	PEData written sucessfully to child device #985
Mar-07 21:48:38	 	SDJ-Health	Device #678 found in database
Mar-07 21:47:18	 	SDJ-Health	Device #678 added to message queue for processing.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Warnig - Battery devices #0 not found!
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Failed to find battery child.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Checking status...
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Activity Checking stopped.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Starting Update Activity Checking...
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	0 devices in Checking Activity list
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Checking Activity Devices....
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Polling devices stopped.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Starting Update Polling...
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	0 devices in polling list
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Checking Poll Devices....
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Finished registering callbacks.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Registering Enums.HSEvent.LOG
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - Registering Enums.HSEvent.CONFIG_CHANGE
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - CheckAndCreateDevices completed
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #989
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #989 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #988
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #988 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #987
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #987 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #986
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #986 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #985
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #985 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #1048
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #1048 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #1047
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #1047 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #1038
Mar-07 21:46:40	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #1038 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #1030
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #1030 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from child device #1028
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	Child device #1028 found in database.
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	10 child devices found.
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	Child device associations cleaned up.
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	PEData read sucessfully from root device.
Mar-07 21:46:39	 	SDJ-Health	Root device identified.
Mar-07 21:46:38	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - CheckAndCreateDevices started
Mar-07 21:46:38	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - BuildInterfaceList completed
Mar-07 21:46:38	 	SDJ-Health	HomeID D7894C18 : Interface Name Z-Wave.me UZB
Mar-07 21:46:37	 	SDJ-Health	Debug - BuildInterfaceList started
Mar-07 21:46:27	 	SDJ-Health	Version 3.0.4.1 Initialized.