www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > SDJ-Health Plug-in (3P)

Old December 31st, 2016, 06:52 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickman View Post
So far nothing for Node 2, should it have fired once Node 2 updated?
It should have

I'll send you a PM and try and pin this down if you are happy to persevere.

Steve
Old December 31st, 2016, 07:31 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSJ View Post
It should have

I'll send you a PM and try and pin this down if you are happy to persevere.

Steve
Just checked when I woke up this morning and it's there!! Looks like your patch worked great, I didn't set the flag to force to 'root' so it picked it up as 'standalone'. Thanks again.
Attached Images

Zwave 3.0.1.136 | Z-Stick | HSTouch | Sonos | Vantage Vue
Old December 31st, 2016, 08:06 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickman View Post
Just checked when I woke up this morning and it's there!! Looks like your patch worked great, I didn't set the flag to force to 'root' so it picked it up as 'standalone'. Thanks again.
That's good news. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.
Steve
Old December 31st, 2016, 10:14 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
That's good news. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.
Steve
Installed the updated plug-in this morning, and it appears to be working now. I am seeing once odd issue so far. The plug-in misidentified a powered device as as one to be monitored. My network consists of four separate home IDs on four separate Z-Nets, and this device is node 4 on one home ID. There are battery devices on node 4 on two other home IDs, and it appears that the data came from one of these instead. I am wondering if the fact that I have 4 distinct node 4 devices is confusing the plug-in.
Old December 31st, 2016, 11:36 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebaldin View Post
Installed the updated plug-in this morning, and it appears to be working now. I am seeing once odd issue so far. The plug-in misidentified a powered device as as one to be monitored. My network consists of four separate home IDs on four separate Z-Nets, and this device is node 4 on one home ID. There are battery devices on node 4 on two other home IDs, and it appears that the data came from one of these instead. I am wondering if the fact that I have 4 distinct node 4 devices is confusing the plug-in.
Yes, that will certainly confuse it. Only having one interface myself I hadn't considered that there would be more than one device with the same node number. Pretty obvious now! I will need to give some thought to how I can identify which device is which. My Wake-Up log messages start with:
UZB1:
which is the Interface Name (not the Network Friendly Name). I notice the entries you posted started with:
Home_North*:
Is that different for each of your Z-Nets?

Steve
Old December 31st, 2016, 12:31 PM
Seer

Steve,
The latest build now has devices showing up for me as well. Thank You.
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Yes, that will certainly confuse it. Only having one interface myself I hadn't considered that there would be more than one device with the same node number. Pretty obvious now! I will need to give some thought to how I can identify which device is which. My Wake-Up log messages start with:
UZB1:
which is the Interface Name (not the Network Friendly Name). I notice the entries you posted started with:
Home_North*:
Is that different for each of your Z-Nets?

Steve
Yes - mine are Home_North, Home_South, Basement and Garage.
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:16 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
There is a new parameter added called MissedWakeFactor. This is zero by default in which case the plugin behaves as previously with the device reported as 'Missed Wakeup' when the time since last wakeup exceeds the 'Last Sleep Period' by the value of the OverRun parameter.
Setting this to greater than 0 adds that many 'Last Sleep Periods' to the time elapsed before reported as 'Missed Wakeup'. For example if you have devices that tend to miss sending the odd wakeup alert then setting this factor to 1 would allow one missed wakeup plus the 'OverRun' time to elapse before reporting.
If you use a factor greater than 0 then you would tend to combine that with a relatively short OverRun value.

I welcome any comments.

Steve
Thanks for adding this Steve. This is working well for me. I set most of my devices with a wake-up time of around 4 hours and the MissedWakeFactor of 2 so should get notified after about 12 hours of a failure.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:18 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Yes - mine are Home_North, Home_South, Basement and Garage.
In 'PLUG-INS>Z-Wave>Controller Management' under 'Z-Wave Networks and Options' are these the 'Network Friendly Names' or the 'Interface Names'?

It's going to take me some work to build in the capability of monitoring multiple networks as it's particularly difficult to debug on my single network. I will see what I can do when I have some time.

By the way, looking back through my code I did build in a check on duplicate node numbers which is why the plugin doesn't completely fall down. You should find some errors in your log shortly after the plugin starts, when it is building a database of node numbers and device references, something like:
SDJ-Health Error - Duplicate node number, node 4
What then happens is that the plugin ignores the duplicates so any wakeups with that node number are attributed to the first device it found.

Steve
Old December 31st, 2016, 03:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
In 'PLUG-INS>Z-Wave>Controller Management' under 'Z-Wave Networks and Options' are these the 'Network Friendly Names' or the 'Interface Names'?

It's going to take me some work to build in the capability of monitoring multiple networks as it's particularly difficult to debug on my single network. I will see what I can do when I have some time.

By the way, looking back through my code I did build in a check on duplicate node numbers which is why the plugin doesn't completely fall down. You should find some errors in your log shortly after the plugin starts, when it is building a database of node numbers and device references, something like:
SDJ-Health Error - Duplicate node number, node 4
What then happens is that the plugin ignores the duplicates so any wakeups with that node number are attributed to the first device it found.

Steve
Those are the interface names.
Old December 31st, 2016, 03:31 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Those are the interface names.
OK, Thanks. I will give it some thought.

Steve
Old December 31st, 2016, 08:26 PM
Seer Master

not picking up Ecolink

Steve,

I have 6 of the Econet vents in my house. They all show up grouped with the master, with relationship status "parent root", and the actual vent as "child".

I had to modify the actual device to look like a dimming device in order to get control over these. (not sure if that matters?).

All of my motion sensors have shown up in the last 6 hours, but none of these vents.

Nor have a seen my 2 minimotes which i just realized don't even show battery status in the Device Management View.

Am i just not waiting long enough for the vents, and any thoughts on the Minimotes??
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:35 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomgru View Post
Steve,

I have 6 of the Econet vents in my house. They all show up grouped with the master, with relationship status "parent root", and the actual vent as "child".

I had to modify the actual device to look like a dimming device in order to get control over these. (not sure if that matters?).

All of my motion sensors have shown up in the last 6 hours, but none of these vents.

Nor have a seen my 2 minimotes which i just realized don't even show battery status in the Device Management View.

Am i just not waiting long enough for the vents, and any thoughts on the Minimotes??
I'm not familiar with the Vents or the Minimotes but my best guess would be that they are not sending wake-up notifications to HS3. The first thing to do is search your log for wake-up notifications. You can filter the log using 'Wake-Up' to see all notifications. The log entries will be similar to this:
UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 67

The plugin will only monitor devices that issue wake-up notifications at regular intervals. Let me know what you find

Steve
Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:36 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the Vents or the Minimotes but my best guess would be that they are not sending wake-up notifications to HS3. The first thing to do is search your log for wake-up notifications. You can filter the log using 'Wake-Up' to see all notifications. The log entries will be similar to this:
UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 67

The plugin will only monitor devices that issue wake-up notifications at regular intervals. Let me know what you find

Steve
Minimote probably a different beast, as it doesn't even show battery as a child in device management.

The vents do, but as you guess correctly, no "wake-up" information for them. The polling info looks like every 12 hours. in fact, if I search on the node for one of the vents, nothing comes up. however, If I search on "vent", I do see this (e.g.)

Jan-02 8:30:54 AM
Z-Wave
Device: Vents Office Battery Set to 36
Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:14 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
The vents do, but as you guess correctly, no "wake-up" information for them. The polling info looks like every 12 hours. in fact, if I search on the node for one of the vents, nothing comes up. however, If I search on "vent", I do see this (e.g.)

Jan-02 8:30:54 AM
Z-Wave
Device: Vents Office Battery Set to 36
Doesn't look like the vents support the wake-up command class: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/p...s/1044/classes

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:26 PM
Seer Master

Since you poll the logs to get the information... is there anyway to add "battery" and "vent" to the poll?

Am I even asking this right? :-)
Old January 2nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Since you poll the logs to get the information... is there anyway to add "battery" and "vent" to the poll?

Am I even asking this right? :-)
The thing about the wake-up messages is that they are like a heartbeat. They occur at regular intervals and that is the basis of the plug-in's design. My objective was that it should require minimal input, i.e. that you set it going and it builds it's group of devices itself, monitors when batteries die, and reports back through a single device so that events don't need to be re-written or adjusted as the network is modified or expanded.
The trouble with other messages is that they occur at random times so don't fit in with the methodology so well.

I have an Everspring Siren which is a battery device that is always awake, similar to your Vents, so isn't monitored by the plug-in. I am giving thought to how these type of devices might be included but it might be a while or not at all if it compromises the basic goal. I considered having the plugin poll the battery status as regular intervals but I don't think HS3 logs a response if the value doesn't change. Also, whilst you can poll from events, I'm not sure there's a function call to do this. What I really want to do is test for connectivity at regular intervals, but again I haven't found a way to do this yet. I will ask on the Developer's Forum about pluginfunction calls for the Z-Wave PI. I haven't seen these listed anywhere.

Leave it with me, I am considering it but the holidays are over and I'm going to busy at work again, so time to progress this is limited.

Steve
Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:22 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
The thing about the wake-up messages is that they are like a heartbeat. They occur at regular intervals and that is the basis of the plug-in's design. My objective was that it should require minimal input, i.e. that you set it going and it builds it's group of devices itself, monitors when batteries die, and reports back through a single device so that events don't need to be re-written or adjusted as the network is modified or expanded.
The trouble with other messages is that they occur at random times so don't fit in with the methodology so well.

I have an Everspring Siren which is a battery device that is always awake, similar to your Vents, so isn't monitored by the plug-in. I am giving thought to how these type of devices might be included but it might be a while or not at all if it compromises the basic goal. I considered having the plugin poll the battery status as regular intervals but I don't think HS3 logs a response if the value doesn't change. Also, whilst you can poll from events, I'm not sure there's a function call to do this. What I really want to do is test for connectivity at regular intervals, but again I haven't found a way to do this yet. I will ask on the Developer's Forum about pluginfunction calls for the Z-Wave PI. I haven't seen these listed anywhere.

Leave it with me, I am considering it but the holidays are over and I'm going to busy at work again, so time to progress this is limited.

Steve
No worries... thanks for the help. Yep... going back to work is going to be a bummer :-)
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:31 PM
Seer Master

Quote:

I'm hopeful this is going to be doable. Thanks to Nicolai I now have a PluginFunction call that allows me to poll Z-Wave devices. I've tested it on my Siren and I get a result that show it is online. I'm away from home at the moment but at the weekend I can check what happens when I poll it with the batteries removed.
My intention will be to have the plugin poll these devices at customizeable intervals with the result monitored as if they are wake-up notifications.
The only difference will be that the user will have to select the devices manually to indicate they should be monitored. There doesn't appear to be anyway of automatically distinguishing these devices from many other Z-Wave devices. For example I have a number of powered sensors that support the Battery Command Class, so that is no indication that it is a battery powered device.

Steve
Old January 3rd, 2017, 08:35 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I'm hopeful this is going to be doable. Thanks to Nicolai I now have a PluginFunction call that allows me to poll Z-Wave devices. I've tested it on my Siren and I get a result that show it is online. I'm away from home at the moment but at the weekend I can check what happens when I poll it with the batteries removed.
My intention will be to have the plugin poll these devices at customizeable intervals with the result monitored as if they are wake-up notifications.
The only difference will be that the user will have to select the devices manually to indicate they should be monitored. There doesn't appear to be anyway of automatically distinguishing these devices from many other Z-Wave devices. For example I have a number of powered sensors that support the Battery Command Class, so that is no indication that it is a battery powered device.

Steve
Great news!
Quote:

Steve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk