www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > SDJ-Health Plug-in (3P)

Old January 26th, 2017, 04:20 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naellis View Post
Although I also have an event based battery 'heatbeat' scheme in place I was interested in your plugin so have been trying it out.....20 devices all the same type, and has been working for some days but it has just stopped for some reason. Basically all wakeup's are occuring according to my event scheme but the Root device is showing as seen below. Tried stopping and starting plugin but does not work. Any ideas to try ?
Try starting the plug-in with LogLevel set to 2 and let's see what you get in the log. You can set the LogLevel before starting the plug-in by editing the SDJ-Health.ini file in the /config folder.

Steve
Old January 26th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSJ View Post
Try starting the plug-in with LogLevel set to 2 and let's see what you get in the log. You can set the LogLevel before starting the plug-in by editing the SDJ-Health.ini file in the /config folder.

Steve
Did that but no change. I thought I would just try disabling/enabling another plugin and the same "Interface missing......." came up. I've seen this happen in the past on other plugins and usually another disable/enable does the trick but not this time. So something wider must be going on - not with your plugin though. I restarted HS and now everything is back. Have you seen that yourself ? Will keep watching and see how it goes. Thanks
Old January 26th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Did that but no change. I thought I would just try disabling/enabling another plugin and the same "Interface missing......." came up. I've seen this happen in the past on other plugins and usually another disable/enable does the trick but not this time. So something wider must be going on - not with your plugin though. I restarted HS and now everything is back. Have you seen that yourself ? Will keep watching and see how it goes. Thanks
I'm glad you have it sorted. I have sometimes had the "Interface missing..." message with plug-ins, most commonly when updating them. I don't think I have ever had the situation where a disable/enable hasn't sorted the issue though.

Steve
Old January 28th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
Here you go. Attached.
Quote:
Ok, thanks.
I have all the information I need now so I hope to build in the ability to monitor this type of heartbeat device soon. Probably next weekend.
Steve
Techfan
Please could you test the version attached here to see if it deals with your ZSmokes. I'm kind of working in the dark here because I have no device to test it on. I created a virtual group of devices with properties as close to the ZSmokes as possible and it works but it needs to be tested on the real thing.
You will find a new parameter at the bottom of the 'Config' page called 'MonitorHeartbeats'. This is off by default so you need to check it.
The plug-in then monitors device value changes and if it sees one with a corresponding status of "Alarm Heartbeat" then it treats it equivalent to a wake-up and adds a monitoring child device. This might also work with other Z-Wave devices that send "Alarm Heartbeat" notifications if that is a Z-Wave standard. We will see.

Can you also look in the list of 'Available Devices' that appears when you click on 'Select Devices' in 'Devices Requiring Polling'. This list now filters out devices that report that they aren't pollable. Your ZSmokes should no longer appear in this list if I have this working correctly.

There are quite a number of other changes/enhancements included in this version of the plug-in. Once I'm confident it is working ok I will update the version and all the details in message #7 of this thread.

One thing that is different is that when wake-ups are detected, whether from log messages, polling or heartbeats they are now put in a queue and processed at the 'Refresh Interval' rather than at the instant they happen. This is due to a potential collision issue in my database which I haven't seen happen but is theoretically possible. By queuing them I can deal with them in a more organised fashion.

Devices that are monitored by polling no longer generate a simulated wakeup message but are popped straight into the queue for processing.

Some of the other changes, which I will describe in more detail when I update the main description and instructions, are as follows:

Location and/or Location2 can optionally be included in the displayed name of monitored devices to make them easier to identify, depending on your naming convention.

The Location and/or Location2 defaults can be set to blank in which case when a monitoring child is created it will adopt the locations of the device it is monitoring rather than a defined value. There are also buttons to rebuild the child devices so that ones that have already been created can be relocated.

The displayed information in the Health Root device can be configured by control buttons to Status Only, Short Report or Full Report. Anything other than Status Only may be extremely cluttered in the web display but work well when included in an email, notification message or HSTouch textbox.

What I haven't included at present is battery level and discharge rate monitoring. The battery levels are shown but I don't trigger anything from them. Whilst I have this built into a version I am testing I'm not happy with the way they are working at the moment so won't include them for now.

Steve
Attached Files
File Type: zip SDJ-Health 3-0-2-2.zip (31.4 KB, 24 views)
Old January 28th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
Hi Steve, I'm using your plugin and it is really helpful. I only have one problem. I have an device (HeatIt Thermostat) for floor heating that is an non battery device but sends wake up messages so it is detected. It would be nice to add in config the possibility to exclude certain devices.
Version 3.0.2.2 onward ignore wakeup messages if the device does not have a battery child. I haven't updated the main message yet as I'm waiting for some feedback on testing other aspects of the update, but you can find it in the thread if you want to test.

I hadn't expected this to be an issue but the other day I got a random wakeup message from a fibaro switch! Z-Wave has many peculiarities.

You can delete the monitoring child for your HeatIt and it shouldn't appear again.

Steve
Old January 28th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
I think I found a bug or inconsistency. As you can see on screenshot the root device is not updated properly. You see it is showing last device who has failed, but is currently up (so maybe good to then not show that message anymore) but more interesting is the fact that It triggered (see change time) by the aeon who reported low battery. But that is not showed in the text
I think what you reported here is corrected in version 3.0.2.2.

The LastDeviceToFail is there so that when an event is triggered any action can show the device that triggered the notification. In some circumstances there could be several devices fail in close succession in which case the plug-in pauses for a couple of seconds between each so that multiple events can be triggered each with an updated LastDeviceToFail.

Also version 3.0.2.2 has options to display in the root much more information about the status of all the child devices which is useful in notifications. You can for example configure an event to send an email or pushover message that lists the details of all the failed devices or indeed all the monitored devices with their current status.

Steve
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:18 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Techfan
Please could you test the version attached here to see if it deals with your ZSmokes. I'm kind of working in the dark here because I have no device to test it on. I created a virtual group of devices with properties as close to the ZSmokes as possible and it works but it needs to be tested on the real thing.
You will find a new parameter at the bottom of the 'Config' page called 'MonitorHeartbeats'. This is off by default so you need to check it.
The plug-in then monitors device value changes and if it sees one with a corresponding status of "Alarm Heartbeat" then it treats it equivalent to a wake-up and adds a monitoring child device. This might also work with other Z-Wave devices that send "Alarm Heartbeat" notifications if that is a Z-Wave standard. We will see.

Can you also look in the list of 'Available Devices' that appears when you click on 'Select Devices' in 'Devices Requiring Polling'. This list now filters out devices that report that they aren't pollable. Your ZSmokes should no longer appear in this list if I have this working correctly.
Updated plugin in place. I enabled the MonitorHeartbeats option. I also see that the Available Devices list doesn't have anything available to add anymore (ZSmokes are gone). . .since my locks are all selected and on the right side now. It seems there were a few other devices in the list previously other than my ZSmokes, but I don't remember what they were.

We'll see how it all looks in the morning. . .
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Updated plugin in place. I enabled the MonitorHeartbeats option. I also see that the Available Devices list doesn't have anything available to add anymore (ZSmokes are gone). . .since my locks are all selected and on the right side now. It seems there were a few other devices in the list previously other than my ZSmokes, but I don't remember what they were.

We'll see how it all looks in the morning. . .
Decided to try removing one of my doors from the selected Polling devices, as a test. . .and now I can't add it back. . .it doesn't show up on the left side. . .so it appears that the filtering isn't working as expected?
Old January 29th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Decided to try removing one of my doors from the selected Polling devices, as a test. . .and now I can't add it back. . .it doesn't show up on the left side. . .so it appears that the filtering isn't working as expected?
hmm. The list is now filtered so that devices aren't included unless they report that they are pollable. If the locks have gone as well as the ZSmokes then I suspect that, despite the ZWave pi returning a result of 1 = oK, when I poll the battery of those locks, the Z-Wave pi is not really polling them. If you can test one of the ones that is still being polled with and without batteries we will be able to resolve this. If possible capture the SDJ-Health logged messages at a poll with and without batteries.

Are all your locks the same type? I'm sure we will find a way of determining whether they are dead or alive with a bit more detective work. Hopefully we will then have a method that works with similar devices.

Thanks,
Steve
Old January 29th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
hmm. The list is now filtered so that devices aren't included unless they report that they are pollable. If the locks have gone as well as the ZSmokes then I suspect that, despite the ZWave pi returning a result of 1 = oK, when I poll the battery of those locks, the Z-Wave pi is not really polling them. If you can test one of the ones that is still being polled with and without batteries we will be able to resolve this. If possible capture the SDJ-Health logged messages at a poll with and without batteries.

Are all your locks the same type? I'm sure we will find a way of determining whether they are dead or alive with a bit more detective work. Hopefully we will then have a method that works with similar devices.

Thanks,
Steve

Here are some related entries. I didn't find any SDJ-Health entries in the log during the night when it failed to find the battery device (batteries removed). It didn't show the device getting queued during the night when the batteries were out? I did see the Z-Wave Warning messages like the ones below at different intervals during the night.

Code:
Jan-29 9:48:17 AM	 	SDJ-Health	Device 016A24FE-017 recovered from missed wakeup state.
Jan-29 9:43:27 AM	 	SDJ-Health	016A24FE-017 added to message queue for processing.
Jan-29 8:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response from device when getting level: Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery, Node: 17
Jan-29 8:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response before timeout to Get Battery Level for Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery (17)
Jan-29 2:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response from device when getting level: Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery, Node: 17
Jan-29 2:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response before timeout to Get Battery Level for Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery (17)
The device I tested by removing from the polling list last night. . .went into alert status (as I would expect). The rest of the doors have a good status.

One of my ZSmokes has a good status and the other one is in alert status. I am sure the Heartbeat has been sent, otherwise I would be getting emails about the smoke alarm not checking in. But, it hasn't been seen by the Health plugin. The one that is reporting in had an alarm this morning (just the malfunction alarm that gets sent after someone takes a shower and then opens the door and lets the steam out), so maybe that was enough to get it found.
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Here are some related entries. I didn't find any SDJ-Health entries in the log during the night when it failed to find the battery device (batteries removed). It didn't show the device getting queued during the night when the batteries were out? I did see the Z-Wave Warning messages like the ones below at different intervals during the night.

Code:
Jan-29 9:48:17 AM	 	SDJ-Health	Device 016A24FE-017 recovered from missed wakeup state.
Jan-29 9:43:27 AM	 	SDJ-Health	016A24FE-017 added to message queue for processing.
Jan-29 8:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response from device when getting level: Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery, Node: 17
Jan-29 8:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response before timeout to Get Battery Level for Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery (17)
Jan-29 2:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response from device when getting level: Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery, Node: 17
Jan-29 2:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response before timeout to Get Battery Level for Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery (17)
The device I tested by removing from the polling list last night. . .went into alert status (as I would expect). The rest of the doors have a good status.

One of my ZSmokes has a good status and the other one is in alert status. I am sure the Heartbeat has been sent, otherwise I would be getting emails about the smoke alarm not checking in. But, it hasn't been seen by the Health plugin. The one that is reporting in had an alarm this morning (just the malfunction alarm that gets sent after someone takes a shower and then opens the door and lets the steam out), so maybe that was enough to get it found.
You need loglevel set to 2 (debug) to get any SDJ-Health messages about polling. However, I suspect it isn't working for your locks. Let's put that aside for now and come back to it when I have some time to investigate the way the locks operate. Can you give the make and model of the locks so I can see what technical details I can find online.

For the two ZSmokes are you saying that the plug-in has picked them both up and created monitoring devices?

What do the monitoring devices show in terms of Last Wake Time, Sleep Period, etc? A screen shot of the two monitoring devices would be useful.

Thanks,
Steve
Old January 29th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
You need loglevel set to 2 (debug) to get any SDJ-Health messages about polling. However, I suspect it isn't working for your locks. Let's put that aside for now and come back to it when I have some time to investigate the way the locks operate. Can you give the make and model of the locks so I can see what technical details I can find online.

For the two ZSmokes are you saying that the plug-in has picked them both up and created monitoring devices?

What do the monitoring devices show in terms of Last Wake Time, Sleep Period, etc? A screen shot of the two monitoring devices would be useful.

Thanks,
Steve
Locks. All Kwikset SmartCode 910 locks. Bought them since they could all share a key, but ones the PIN caught on with my wife, I don't think she has used her key in years.

On the ZSmokes, I didn't actually delete them, so I can't be sure they got redetected. You want me to delete them and let them get recreated?

Screenshot attached.
Attached Images

Old January 29th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Locks. All Kwikset SmartCode 910 locks. Bought them since they could all share a key, but ones the PIN caught on with my wife, I don't think she has used her key in years.

On the ZSmokes, I didn't actually delete them, so I can't be sure they got redetected. You want me to delete them and let them get recreated?

Screenshot attached.
Btw, I think the update time on the one that is good is in line with the shower triggered malfunction alarm.
Old January 29th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I've lost track a bit. Things might have got a little confused as the plug-in has been updated. Best thing to do is to delete the monitoring devices for the ZSmokes and also make sure they aren't in the list of devices to be polled. Then check that MonitorHeartbeats is checked. If the Heartbeats are detected then it will create new monitoring devices. If it doesn't we need to delve a bit deeper. I'll send you an PM and we can report back here when we have it resolved.

Steve
Old January 29th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Actually, it won't reappear in the list unless you delete the monitoring device that was previously created. Sort of a bug although there are reasons why it is that way at the moment.
Old January 30th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Seer

Version 3.0.2.2 installed.

The plug-in is not creating any parent device (and no child devices).

Here is the log:

Name:  Skjermbilde1.PNG
Views: 212
Size:  50.2 KB

Here is the config setup - always telling that the "The Plug-in has not completed initializing":

Name:  Skjermbilde2.PNG
Views: 213
Size:  88.3 KB

Network Options:

Name:  Skjermbilde3.PNG
Views: 214
Size:  23.9 KB

Please advise.
Old January 30th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Seer

Quote:
Version 3.0.2.2 onward ignore wakeup messages if the device does not have a battery child. I haven't updated the main message yet as I'm waiting for some feedback on testing other aspects of the update, but you can find it in the thread if you want to test.

I hadn't expected this to be an issue but the other day I got a random wakeup message from a fibaro switch! Z-Wave has many peculiarities.

You can delete the monitoring child for your HeatIt and it shouldn't appear again.

Steve
Installed the new version and until now everything works as per expectation.
Old January 30th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4IT View Post
Version 3.0.2.2 installed.

The plug-in is not creating any parent device (and no child devices).

Here is the log:

Attachment 59185

Here is the config setup - always telling that the "The Plug-in has not completed initializing":

Attachment 59186

Network Options:

Attachment 59187

Please advise.
Ok, it'll will because of the multiple controllers on one network. Presumably one is primary and one is secondary. I will need to update the pi to work with this type of setup. I can't troubleshoot it myself because I don't have that setup.

What I'll need is the [Interfaces] section of your Z-Wave.ini file so I can see how this is configured. Also some example wake-up notification messages from your log so I can see if these are formatted any differently. They look like this:

Z-Wave UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 69

Preferably one that contains Z-NET-0: and one that contains Z-NET-1:.

Hopefully I can then update the pi so it understands this type of setup.

Thanks,
Steve
Old February 1st, 2017, 06:58 AM
Seer Deluxe

Steve,
I am having a situation arise where the plugin root device indicates 'Waiting' and when I check what it's waiting for it appears that a new child has been added. The problem is it isn't a battery device. The first time it happened I decided to delete the child and everything worked fine again but after some days another non wakeup device gets added again. It appears to be limited to one or more of my old plug-in nodes (AN157) which do not report immediate status so I have to poll (every 2 min).

Any ideas why and what could be done about it ? If you need more info just say.
Old February 1st, 2017, 08:21 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Steve,
I am having a situation arise where the plugin root device indicates 'Waiting' and when I check what it's waiting for it appears that a new child has been added. The problem is it isn't a battery device. The first time it happened I decided to delete the child and everything worked fine again but after some days another non wakeup device gets added again. It appears to be limited to one or more of my old plug-in nodes (AN157) which do not report immediate status so I have to poll (every 2 min).

Any ideas why and what could be done about it ? If you need more info just say.
It will mean that for some reason (bug in ZWave pi or bug in device software) there has been a wakeup processing call logged for the device. I have had it happen with a Fibaro switch which suddenly issued a one off wakeup call. The latest version of the plug-in ignores wakeup calls if the device doesn't have a battery child so cures this issue. It is still in testing but you can find 3.0.2.2 attached to post #144 if you want to try it.

I'll be releasing a newer version in the near future but I'm working through some problems with Heartbeat devices at the moment.
Steve