Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not finding devices and Service Unavailable

3 questions:

I'm linking Google Home to Homeseer, but it is only loading 1 device (sometimes more than 1, but never the full group). All devices have had voice enabled. Any thoughts?

Several times that I have tried to link HS to Home over the past few days I get 503 error, Server Unavailable - is that a common issue?

When I unlink and relink (after adding a device) do I always have to reassign devices to rooms within Home?

Thanks!
    Jim

Good luck getting any response from the HomeSeer staff. I'be had the same problem for three weeks and cannot get an answer or help.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBoySI View Post
      I'm linking Google Home to Homeseer, but it is only loading 1 device (sometimes more than 1, but never the full group). All devices have had voice enabled. Any thoughts?
      Some have had issues with a high number of devices. I've been ok with 22.

Several times that I have tried to link HS to Home over the past few days I get 503 error, Server Unavailable - is that a common issue?
      Since we need to go through MyHS, it could be that the servers are too busy or in maintenance mode. I'm assuming of course that your path is valid since you do succeed sometimes.

When I unlink and relink (after adding a device) do I always have to reassign devices to rooms within Home?
      I haven't tried it yet, but since one needs to unlink and relink, there is probably no way for GH to remember stuff from an old link and be able to correctly assign it with a new link. I'm already in too far, but I would recommend doing a quick test with only 1-2 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        Some have had issues with a high number of devices. I've been ok with 22.
        I'm only talking about 10 devices to start. I have more, but I am adding them in blocks. Seems like they loaded tonight, but I am afraid this is going to happen again if I add more devices and have to relink.

Since we need to go through MyHS, it could be that the servers are too busy or in maintenance mode. I'm assuming of course that your path is valid since you do succeed sometimes.
        Is this something I only have to worry about during setup? Do people generally have issues with not being able to get to GH if HS servers are down?

I haven't tried it yet, but since one needs to unlink and relink, there is probably no way for GH to remember stuff from an old link and be able to correctly assign it with a new link. I'm already in too far, but I would recommend doing a quick test with only 1-2 devices.
        Kinda makes sense that I will need to re-associate with rooms each time I unlink/link.

Thanks!

Comment

... Is this something I only have to worry about during setup? Do people generally have issues with not being able to get to GH if HS servers are down? ...
          If MyHS is not responding, then any requests to GH involving HS won't succeed. So not only during setup.

Comment

If MyHS is not responding, then any requests to GH involving HS won't succeed. So not only during setup.
            Thanks. Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
            X