Setting up events for if two people are home or away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up events for if two people are home or away

I have PHLocation all configured; I created a virtual device that I would like to be set to true if both my wife and I are home. false if we're both away.

Since events only have a single if condition, what's the best way to do this? When I detect I leave home, I need to check to see if my wife is home before setting the virtual device. And vice versa.

Gotta be a common thing....I'm new to homeseer events - apologies....feels like this is kind of basic.

Ok my bad. Shows my newness. Sorry. I just found the plus button for more conditions. Duh.

Comment

Here is what works for us. We use usb rad iBeacons in our vehicles, thus the GF Honda is near condition.
      Attached Files
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        Here is what works for us. We use usb rad iBeacons in our vehicles, thus the GF Honda is near condition.
        I was wondering how you are using these with HS. What are you using to pick up the signals from the usb rad iBeacons?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
          I was wondering how you are using these with HS. What are you using to pick up the signals from the usb rad iBeacons?

Thank you
          I think he is using GeoFency as we do. We have an iBeacons in each of our vehicles. GeoFency treats them like a geofence, so we use near/not near for the iBeacons as well as geofences. Since the GeoFency app is on each of our phones it is simple logic to know who is in which vehicle, which fence they enter/leave and with iCloud position reporting where they are.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK thank you. So you are using the GeoFency app and the PHLocation plugin? The plugin is only available at the download site, not in the updater?

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
              OK thank you. So you are using the GeoFency app and the PHLocation plugin? The plugin is only available at the download site, not in the updater?
              Yes, yes and yes

It is like several other plug-ins. You download a zip file and updater_override.txt. Place the text fie in the HS root, the zip file in the \updates3\zips\ folder, refresh the plug-ins management page and install.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Just to add to what Randy said, which is correct, another reason for using the iBeacon in each of our vehicles is because we have experienced home fence exits when our iPhones were still in the house and presumably within the fence which is a 100 meter diameter centered on the coordinates of the middle of our driveway.

Still cannot get 100% accuracy of home fence entry on our iPhones with Geofency. Any suggestions are appreciated.
                  Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                    Just to add to what Randy said, which is correct, another reason for using the iBeacon in each of our vehicles is because we have experienced home fence exits when our iPhones were still in the house and presumably within the fence which is a 100 meter diameter centered on the coordinates of the middle of our driveway.

Still cannot get 100% accuracy of home fence entry on our iPhones with Geofency. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I would enable notifications on the phone and see if it is throwing errors. This will let you know that the phone is failing to post to your HS server. We have very good cell service here, so ours haven’t missed a fence in a very long time. I was helping another with his setup that was missing fences about 5-10% of the time. Every time it failed to post he got an error on his phone. We ended up creating an inner and outer ring (10O and 500 meters). Then we made all of the events look for a change in either fence for redundancy. He has better than 99% reliability with two fences. My brother has spotty cell service and is also having problems with missed fences. Unfortunately, if your cellular data is not reliable near home, there is nothing that can be done.
                      Randy,

I have created two fences, “home” and “home outer” which are 100 and 1500 meters in diameter, respectively.

I also enabled notifications. I would say that GeoFency posts to HS3 about 98% of the time. What’s not consistent is the time when “home” is entered and HS3 responds. So, sometimes there are delays of up to a minute. Other times, it is immediate. For my wife, who has an iPhone 6 (I have an iPhone 6s) it seems to be 60 seconds or so until HS3 responds. My phone seems to be more responsive so it may be hardware. I just cannot get the delay to a reasonable 5 seconds or so. I have moved her “home” coordinates towards the end of the driveway in hopes that it would trigger sooner. But, no joy.

How are the events you describe work? Any chance of posting them? Trying to determine if the logic would work for our particular requirements.

Thanks,
                      Last edited by Rvtravlr; November 28, 2017, 10:02 PM.
                      Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X