Frequent Apple ID warning emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent Apple ID warning emails

My wife and I are seeing a number of Apple ID warning emails. e.g. your Apple ID has been used in [Optional] xxx place on [Optional] yyy OS or [Optional] zzz browser. Mostly those are Linux and or Opera. Neither of us has used either recently and probably never for AppleID logins.

We both just upgraded our iPhones and I linked our PHLC User root devices to the new Device IDs. My Apple ID was/is on 2FA, my wife's isn't. Had no issues in HS3. However, this does coincide with the new iPhones being configured in HS.

We both reset our Apple ID passwords and updated those again in HS3 and we've each seen another warning email from Apple since.

This may be entirely unrelated to PHLocation, but I wanted to post it out there in case anyone else is seeing similar
    cheeryfool

I had the same issue and resolved it by turning on 2FA in iCloud and authenticating with the 2FA code in the PHLocation plugin.

I am not sure if there was an easier way to fix it or not

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
      I had the same issue and resolved it by turning on 2FA in iCloud and authenticating with the 2FA code in the PHLocation plugin.

I am not sure if there was an easier way to fix it or not
      I had that on for mine already and still saw the warnings, including (so far) one further one after changing the password and re-authenticating 2FA in the Plugin. Will see what happens over the next 24 hours or so.

Thanks for your response.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        I had that on for mine already and still saw the warnings, including (so far) one further one after changing the password and re-authenticating 2FA in the Plugin. Will see what happens over the next 24 hours or so.

Thanks for your response.
        Are you running the newest beta 3.0.1.107? It was released to accommodate the new 2FA for iOS 11. You can get it here if you are running an earlier version..
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Are you running the newest beta 3.0.1.107? It was released to accommodate the new 2FA for iOS 11. You can get it here if you are running an earlier version..

I seem to be on 3.0.1.109 !
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            I seem to be on 3.0.1.109 !
            So am I. I noticed his website was still at .107. Since we sometimes work together on the plug-in, I sometimes have a newer version. I guess the website doesn’t refer to the latest. The current download is .109.

With 3.0.1.107-109 I do not get nag emails.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X