High CPU usage on Linux on ARM device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU usage on Linux on ARM device

I just migrated my HS3 server from Windows to Linux on an Odroid XU4 board. It's running on Ubuntu 17.10. I have seen a problem that after a period of minutes to hours, the Homeseer process starts eating up the CPUs to the point it crashes the system. The HS3 process normally idles at 8-30%, but it will spike and stick at 160%+, and if I leave it alone, spike to 350%+, until the system eventually overheats and shuts off.

Took me a week, but looks like after disabling every single plugin and script one by one, it's being caused by the Nest plugin. I have run this test a few times, it will run for over a day absolutely fine, then as soon as I enable the Nest plugin it'll eventually fail.
    • Observed on HS3 versions .368 and .398
    • Plugin version 3.0.0.28

Enabled Plug-Ins
    • 3.0.6.23: Insteon
    • 1.5.0.0: MQTT
    • 3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
    • 3.0.6516.32486: UltraLighting3
    • 3.0.6104.19146: UltraRachio3
    • 3.0.1.179: Z-Wave

Anyone else see this? I am 99% certain it's being caused by the Nest plugin, but can't figure out why or how to debug. Once it gets into this state, stopping the plugin doesn't work, I have to stop HS3 and restart the process. I don't see any errors in the HS3 log from Nest at all. I didn't observe any issues when on the Windows box.

Thanks!

-Mike

some other users have reported similar issues, see this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...40#post1340540

but so far Rich and I have been unable to reproduce the problem.

what's your mono version?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      some other users have reported similar issues, see this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...40#post1340540

but so far Rich and I have been unable to reproduce the problem.

what's your mono version?
      Thanks for the quick response, weird I searched first before posting but didn't find that thread.
      Code:
      mono --version
      Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6 (tarball Wed Nov  8 21:23:55 UTC 2017)
      Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
      	TLS:           __thread
      	SIGSEGV:       normal
      	Notifications: epoll
      	Architecture:  armel,vfp+hard
      	Disabled:      none
      	Misc:          softdebug 
      	LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
      	GC:            sgen (concurrent by default)

Comment

Working...
      X