HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timon View Post
    I don't think you'll see that. The issue is that the Aux switch only has two wires, neutral and the traveler. It doesn't connect to HOT so it has no real power to drive LEDs.

I wish we had the option of using a normal WD/S-100 in a slave mode where nothing is connected to the load terminal and the internal relay is disabled. All of the locations I have WA100s installed have the required wires in the box to power it while also being connected to the 3 & 4 way circuits. I'd like that LEDs on all of the switches even if it meant paying a little more and using the 'full' switch in a slave mode.

I know we can "link" nodes to each other, but this requires HomeSeer to be up and running as well as adds a delay as the linked node needs to wait and see the other node's change state before it reacts. I try really hard to make the home be normal if HS is down/removed in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
      I wish we had the option of using a normal WD/S-100 in a slave mode where nothing is connected to the load terminal and the internal relay is disabled. All of the locations I have WA100s installed have the required wires in the box to power it while also being connected to the 3 & 4 way circuits. I'd like that LEDs on all of the switches even if it meant paying a little more and using the 'full' switch in a slave mode.

I know we can "link" nodes to each other, but this requires HomeSeer to be up and running as well as adds a delay as the linked node needs to wait and see the other node's change state before it reacts. I try really hard to make the home be normal if HS is down/removed in the future.
      It's been ask for but I think the cost would be more that you'd expect. About the only part that wouldn't be use is the actual load driver and that's a very small part.

I have some Evolve slaves, basically want you want, but the cost was at least 75% of a dimmer. I'm not sure how many would pay that much for them.

Now a wireless version with multi-tap would be interesting (HS, hint, hint, hint).

It's my understand that the reason the current auxiliary switch is so inexpensive is that there basically there isn't any real smarts or Z-Wave components in the device.

HS, please chime in if I'm anywhere close to reality on this.

Personally, I'd much rather see a true 8 buttonscene controller, similar to the INSTON, with full multi-tap and lighted RGB buttons. Now you can display status at each button and with the proper programming controls scenes and dimming just like you can with the 100 or 200 series switches. Add in sheets of clear stick on labels, like cooper supplies with their controllers, and maybe an engraving service and I think you have a winner (HS, hint, hint, hint). Now that would be MUCH more useful, at least for me.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

It's been ask for but I think the cost would be more that you'd expect. About the only part that wouldn't be use is the actual load driver and that's a very small part.
        I'd pay the full price of a normal switch/dimmer. I think my point/desire would be the normal "full" switches have a slave mode you can enable via FW that just disables the load driver and starts to act like the accessory switch though keeps LED in sync with the other end. For those willing to pay full price, there's that option, and for those who want the cheaper option the accessory switch continues to be an option.

Comment

I'd pay the full price of a normal switch/dimmer. I think my point/desire would be the normal "full" switches have a slave mode you can enable via FW that just disables the load driver and starts to act like the accessory switch though keeps LED in sync with the other end. For those willing to pay full price, there's that option, and for those who want the cheaper option the accessory switch continues to be an option.
          I would think that shouldn't be hard to do but you never know.
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

I also would be willing to pay full price. I agree just being able to use a normal switch as a slave would be fine.

An Insteon type scene controller would also be good.
            Last edited by dhennen; January 10, 2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

So, the website now shows available after 1/30 instead of 1/12. [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by epimetheus View Post
                Maybe CES generated a bunch of interest. Not a bad problem for HS to have.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Our fan controller will work with 3-speed and 4-speed fans that are 2.5 amps or less. "Off" is not counted as a speed. By default, LED indicators will reflect the speeds. "High" will light up all LEDs (even for a 3-speed fan).
                  Mark - Wife found this fan, but I think it will not work based on my best read of things?

Fan Overview: http://www.minkagroup.net/sites/defa...cs/f843-dk.pdf

"Wall control WCS213": http://www.minkagroup.net/sites/defa...-English_0.pdf

It seems that this wall control is purely a wireless transmitter grabbing power from the circuit but not actually controlling the fan?

Am I understanding correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by epimetheus View Post

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                    Available today

Comment

Someday one of the Fan companies will make a true Z-Wave ontroled fan & Light. Until then HS looks is to have the best one.

On different note I add my vote for a software update to all switches and dimmers to add a disable to the dimmer and switch side.

Comment

Most of the places I was excited to put these into I can't (smart bulbs or switched outlets) or won't put dimmers in. Pretty please consider another model that is the WS with the WD LED setup.
                        Another person here hoping that we will see a version of the WS200+ with multiple RGB LEDs for annunciation. I had just ordered a WD200+, then quickly realized that the location I wanted to install it only supports a switchable load. Had to quickly call and cancel the order .

Comment

I don't think you'll see that. The issue is that the Aux switch only has two wires, neutral and the traveler. It doesn't connect to HOT so it has no real power to drive LEDs.
                          +1 for an AUX switch model with leds........

Cooper ZWave Aspire RF9432-Z accessory switches have leds that match their master switch and they are able to do it with two terminals as seen below in their wiring diagrams. I have them myself and I can get the leds to stay in sync by linking them.

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...F600D-PTA1.pdf

So why am I commenting here? I see benefits of the HS-200 series switches and I'm considering swapping all my coopers out for HS-200's, however not having leds on the auxiliary switches is a BIG negative.

PCK (Pete)

Comment

I just started using these switches and dimmers and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE these devices. Simple to program and they work flawlessly so far. I am slowly going to start replacing all of my switches over time (a mix of Enerwaves, Aeon Labs controllers buried in boxes, and GE). These are too expensive to do all at once, but I am very impressed.

Great range and these will allow me to get rid of my 7-button Enerwave scene controllers that are a pain to include / exclude and keep working correctly.

They also seem to handle very small loads easily (I have two running a single 8w LED ceiling light each) and they can dim all the way to 20% with no flicker or issue whatsoever. Enerwave seems to have given up on ever fixing this issue, or to fix the issue of their Plus switches locking up unless they get polled many times a day to keep them active. I put in almost all Enerwave to get the energy monitoring, but I installed Aeon HEM units on my two circuit boxes which has rendered the individual switches moot. Instant status works so well that I don't anticipate needing to poll anything once the switches are replaced.

My hope is that Homeseer will release an outlet in this series so I can update all of my Enerwave outlets to these as well. Best Z-Wave product I have ever used!

Comment

HomeSeer: PLEASE develop a Switch (not Dimmer) model which includes 7 LEDs. I just installed two Dimmers which happened to fit the loads, but the 200 series is about the LEDs for displaying HomeSeer-controlled status, not the local unit's on/off/dim status.

These are absolutely awesome units, with endless possibilities (if they have 7 LEDs).

I have several more locations I'd like to install, but the load doesn't match the Dimmer function

Comment

Working...
                              X