No announcement yet.

Jon00 Links For Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this really nice script Jon!!
    Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Error running the links.vben

I have installed everything, added ScriptingReferences=System.Web;System.web.dll into the settings.ini (it was not there before)
      Running the Jon00Links.vben gives me these errors in the log:

Apr-14 15:41:39 Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: 'HttpUtility' is not a member of 'Web'.
      Apr-14 15:41:39 Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: 'HttpUtility' is not a member of 'Web'.
      Apr-14 15:41:39 Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

Did you add the ScriptingReferences entry when HS3 was shut down?
        Jon

Comment

No, HS3 was running. I guess I have to restart HS3 for it to work ?

I restarted HS3, same error when i run the script

Comment

No, you lose the entry if you don't do it when HS3 is shut down. Recent change with Homeseer unfortunately.
            Jon

Comment

I was just trying it, I've seen the entry was gone. No error now when I run the script. But its still showing the old links under view.
              This is my Jon00Links.ini (the parts I have added too)

[Settings]
              Delay="0"
              FadeIn="0"
              TextLinkMode="1"
              LogoBarXTextPosition="650"
              LogoBarYTextPosition="-66"
              LogoBarTextColor="white"
              [View]
              Enabled="1"
              1Title="Device Management"
              1URL="/deviceutility"
              2Title="Device Status"
              2URL="/Status"
              3Title="Events"
              3URL="/Events"
              4Title="Energy"
              4URL="/Energy"
              5Title="Log"
              5URL="/EventLog"
              6Title="ini Editor"
              6URL="/Jon00IniEditor.asp"
              7Title="Alexa helper"
              7URL="/Jon00Alexa.asp"
              8Title="Event list"
              8URL="/Jon00EventViewer.asp"
              9Title="Event log"
              9URL="Jon00EventList.asp"

Comment

Have you run the script to make the changes? Try clearing your browser cache.
                Jon

Comment

Clearing the cache did it in teh end. All working now.

Comment

Jon:

I am still getting the error message that Mike got last week:

Error
                    Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: 'HttpUtility' is not a member of 'Web'.
                    Error
                    Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: 'HttpUtility' is not a member of 'Web'.
                    Error
                    Error
                    Error
                    Error
                    Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                    Event
                    Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00Links.vben

Event
                    Event Trigger "Test Run HS3 Jon00 Links"
                    Event
                    Event Test Run HS3 Jon00 Links triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I shut down HS3. I took out the code :

ScriptingReferences=,System.Web;System.web.dll

Then readded it and saved it. Then restarted HS3. Cleared the cache and still that error.

This shouldn't be that hard to do. Any suggestions?

[Settings]
                    Delay="0"
                    FadeIn="0"
                    TextLinkMode="1"
                    LogoBarXTextPosition="650"
                    LogoBarYTextPosition="-66"
                    LogoBarTextColor="white"
                    ScriptingReferences=,System.Web;System.web.dll

[View]
                    Enabled="1"
                    1Title="Device Management"
                    1URL="/deviceutility"
                    2Title="Device Status"
                    2URL="/Status"
                    3Title="Events"
                    3URL="/Events"
                    4Title="Energy"
                    4URL="/Energy"
                    5Title="Log"
                    5URL="/EventLog"
                    6Title="Device List"
                    6URL="/Jon00DeviceList.aspx"
                    7Title="Event List"
                    7URL="/Jon00DeviceEvent.aspx"
                    8Title="Grouping"
                    8URL="/Jon00Grouping.aspx"
                    9Title="Web Page"
                    9URL="/buildpage.asp?val=2ndFloorTest"

Comment

No, you need to add:

ScriptingReferences=System.Web;System.web.dll to Homeseer's Settings.ini file under [Settings]

This file can be found in the Config folder. Make sure you do this when HS3 is shut down.
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks. That worked. I just need to learn how to read better!!!

It works great!!!

Comment

Apologies if this has already been asked but I did search the thread and the docs to no avail. When accessing my homeseer server outside of my home network the links do not appear. I have a web redirect setup homeseer.domain.com and it points to my external IP and the port number. Homeseer loads fine in the browser but all original menus. What do I need to do to get it working externally? Thanks.

Comment

I don't have a resolution to this. It relates to the speed of rendering of the HS web page and the loading of the JavaScript code to overwrite the links. You can try a different browser to see if that makes any difference.
                            Jon

Comment

I installed the Jon00WebpageBuilderHS3 files on my HomeTroller SEL. I am running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548 (Linux). I have 5.20.1.19 installed also. When I go to the Buildpage.aspx page nothing loads. I get a back page. Originally I got the 404 error so I updated the vbnc script modification described in this thread and that took the 404 error away, but I just get blank page.

Comment

Try /test.aspx which comes with HS3 & HS4. If it does not load, there is still an issue with your Linux build.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X