Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Current Cost IAMS Possibly Available

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...SIN=B004746ZPE

Good find, and dissapointing that Currentcost website is still not being updated.

Wish they were a bit slimmer as that looks "Applicance module" sized.

Still... sensible price.... wonder how much when they are ebay!

David
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Well they actually arrived, never thought they would after waiting about two years!

They are a bit larger than I had in mind, but they are quite sturdy...the plug/socket look to be interchangeable so would say there will be ones with shucko plugs on before long - although mine look to be unfused, not sure what the regulations on that are.

Very easy to set up, just press the button on the bottom for a couple of seconds, then press the up arrow on the CC meter and they should pair up.

I've had a few surprises, trying to figure out why my lounge TV (+ cable box etc) was drawing 30W doing nothing, turns out it looks like one of my X10^2 modules has gone a bit sick and is drawing 26W instead of 1W (? - still seemed to work, but I had a rogue all units off command sent from it whenever I switched it on, i've had very poor reliability from these). So if the readings are to be believed i've already saved about 600W a day!
      Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Got my IAMs too now... as you say, a bit bigger than ideal, but sturdy enough.

I am now using the HS plugin... will need to see how that works out, as I expect that I will use these IAMs to work out individual consumers and as a result will be swapped around the home from device to device.

I need to have a think as to how that will affect overall numbers - I am assuming that other than report the use, the single clamp at the consumer unit will remain the total used, ie the IAms dont ADD to that figure...

David

Comment

Sure wish they were available for Canada/USA use...
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
            Got my IAMs too now... as you say, a bit bigger than ideal, but sturdy enough.

I am now using the HS plugin... will need to see how that works out, as I expect that I will use these IAMs to work out individual consumers and as a result will be swapped around the home from device to device.

I need to have a think as to how that will affect overall numbers - I am assuming that other than report the use, the single clamp at the consumer unit will remain the total used, ie the IAms dont ADD to that figure...

David
            I just tried with the plugin but I ended up with 92 devices with my setup, looks to work OK though - however don't think the graphs support multiple sensors. Not sure how it works with the totalling with the plugin though..

I've had a game of move the sensor aswell, its surprising what some devices use i'll monitor something, realize what is using all the power, fix it and remove the IAM and put it somewhere else..

And langenet i'd imagine they won't be far behind for you now the hardware seems to work - I think the radio is the same so it will be a case of changing the plug/socket...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              however don't think the graphs support multiple sensors. Not sure how it works with the totalling with the plugin though..

I've had a game of move the sensor aswell, its surprising what some devices use i'll monitor something, realize what is using all the power, fix it and remove the IAM and put it somewhere else..
              I do hope HS support graphing of the other sensors soon... I am begining to think I bought a (plugin) pup

Re moving sensors... yes, need to think more as to how to handle that...

David

Comment

Well...it looks like I have a faulty IAM sensor!

I have emailled CC so wil see what they say...

The senor powers on ok, and flashes its light to pair, but neither of my screens will sync with it, so it must be duff..

What a pain in the butt!

David

Comment

Well...it looks like I have a faulty IAM sensor!

I have emailled CC so wil see what they say...

The senor powers on ok, and flashes its light to pair, but neither of my screens will sync with it, so it must be duff..

What a pain in the butt!

David
                  Bit of a shame but I spose this is the first batch and may have some issues - only thing I could think would be whether it was using the same channel as another transmitter (I know the odds of this are slim), still would hope that an unplug/replug and press of the button would reset it...

Comment

I do hope HS support graphing of the other sensors soon... I am begining to think I bought a (plugin) pup

Re moving sensors... yes, need to think more as to how to handle that...

David
                    David

do mean this ?

if you put ?sensor=n after the CurrentCost_History in the address bar (where n is the sensor number) you will get graphs for that sensor

e.g http://192.x.x.x:xxxx/CurrentCost_History?sensor=1

BR

Steve
                    Last edited by stevepyle; October 19, 2010, 03:46 PM. Reason: _ should be =

Comment

Hi Steve

MANY thanks for that - works a treat!

David

Comment

Working...
                      X