www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Voices

HomeSeer Voices Discussions related to the HomeSeer add-on voices and their use within HomeSeer.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
Seer Master

Can't change the voice

I have two HS2 set ups. #1 is my main system I have been using for several years and the other is a PRO100 that I am slowly moving to. I have now connected the PRO100 to my sound system and have discovered a problem with voices

I am using the same voices in both machines. I use primarily Kate 16K as set up on the Speech Properties page on the control panel. When I do the Preview Voice on the Speech Properties page from the control panel they are the identical and both using Kate. But when I execute a script or an Immediate Script Command to speak there is a big difference. The PRO100 is not using the Kate voice even though it is selected in Speech Properties. Another clue is when Homeseer starts up the "Welcome to Homeseer" announcement is announced as Welcome to Home South Easter. If I insert the word Homeseer into the Preview Voice string on the Speech Properties window it says it properly and with the Kate voice.

If I change the selected voice on the control panel to something else, like Mike, Homeseer still use the voice it was using before but not the Mike voice.

I used a script to set the voice to a particular voice prior to speaking and it worked just fine. It seems that without a script to force a particular voice, a speak command should use what ever voice is selected in Speech Properties.

What's going on?