Smart TV, IP Camera and Homeseer Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart TV, IP Camera and Homeseer Integration

How to display IP camera for 15 seconds when in Motion to display in Smart Tv then goes back to regular program.Is this possible?

1.Is there a plugin that will take care of this?
    2. Materials needed?

This is on my list as well. I currently have a PC that is connected to my main TV. It runs HS Touch, among being my media PC. I also have a Global Cache (haven't hooked it up yet).

Cameras are hooked up to HS Touch already. So I can see them on the Main TV when I want with the remote. With the Global Cache, I can send commands from Homeseer to the Global Cache to change Source to the Media PC running HS Touch. I can Use Homeseer to force that HS touch screen to the Camera Page. Give it a delay, then send Global Cache a command to switch the source back to what ever it was.

Comment

When I first started my trip into HA I was trying this and it proved more difficult than it was worth, my Samsung TV at the time supported PIP (Picture In Picture) and when you pressed a button on the remote you could have a picture of one input over the top of the other. Unfortunately it seemed (from memory) to only over lay the previous input to the current input rather than a specified input (camera was connected to a composite input) so that did not work right - what I did was send the IR command for the PIP mode button by HS to the TV.

I'm not sure I have seen a solution out there in recent times unless you ran everything through XBMC or something, not sure but you may need to search around your specific TV make/model - if you can change the channel over serial/IR/network then perhaps you can at least change to another channel but getting your IP camera into your TV may need some additional hardware.

Comment

Years ago(maybe 5), I was using a first generation Apple TV. I had it configured to bring up a web page of my front porch camera whenever my front door bell was pressed. It worked, but it was kind of useless because I could walk to the door in less time than it took for the web page to come up.

Today, I simply capture a picture when motion is detected. When I am away from home, I review the captures every evening.

I don't think there is a plugin to do what you want. I agree with Mr Happy. It is not worth the effort.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I know a few users do something similar using HSTouch on wall mounted touch screens and simply have the camera screen show when motion is detected.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can do it using an android tablet and the tasker plugin but its a lot of effort. I started doing this and then deferred it until later (gave up).

Comment

I do that today via my Wintel based Homeseer touch screens .

I utilize KODI (XBMC) on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit for the LCD TVs and do not utilize the smartv pieces.

Here is the description on how to create a CCTV pop up on KODI / XBMC.

Adding the automation to the scripts is a non issue. I have not done this although I do use KODI today as an STB on my televisions.

Here is a Ubuntu windowed version of a live HD TV feed (which could also be an analogue or digital CCTV camera feed). Works here just fine on my wirelessly connected laptop.

Some folks have integration automation features in to their KODI applications. There is also a Homeseer 3 Kodi plugin such that you can control your Kodi instance via Homeseer 3.

Note that here use a Linux application called MythTV and networked based HDHomerun tuners (plus other tuners) such that there is a bit more involved.

For Homeseer Touch / CCTV you basically utilize a snapshot picture and update it to provide a motion look. It is just a link to the JPG file. For RTSP streaming here I have historically inserted a VLC box adjacent to the HSTouch buttons (it is sort of a PITA to do this though).
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; August 3, 2015, 09:05 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I use Kodi as well to show camera overlay while watching TV. Here is a Howto that use the Kodi plugin to trigger the overlay: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173650

Comment

I know the fire tv stick can do Tiny cam and you can also sideload hstouch, so i guess you could have homeseer change the tv source to the correct input to display the 3rd party content.
                  HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                  53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                  X