X10 tab no longer there in new device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 tab no longer there in new device

Long time since I have added X10 devices, the tab no longer appears in new device!!!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

This is a known bug. See this thread, for instance. (You even contributed.)
    The only way to get the tab that I know is to discard the new device and try again until the X10 tab appears. Alternatively, you can copy an existing device and change the name and X10 address, etc. I find that is the easiest way to get a new X10 device.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      The only way to get the tab that I know is to discard the new device and try again until the X10 tab appears. Alternatively, you can copy an existing device and change the name and X10 address, etc. I find that is the easiest way to get a new X10 device.
      Cheers Mate, I will do copy and go that way. orgot I was subscribed to that thread
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Uncle, how do you copy a device?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          how do you copy a device?
          Tick the box next to the device you want to copy. Then, at the top of the page, select copy from the drop down list. Then select a location in the dialog box and click on the Submit button.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Another easy work around is to simply click the create a new device twice and it will have the X10 tab on the second device that was created and all subsequent devices created during that session. Then when your done delete the one unknown device.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              . . . click the create a new device twice and it will have the X10 tab on the second device that was created and all subsequent devices created during that session.
              Rupp,
              I just tried it here. I had to create a third device before the X10 tab appeared, but if it works consistently it may be a useful workaround. I think it's easier just to copy an existing X10 device, though, once you get one to 'stick'.

Comment

Working...
              X