X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How secure?

Hi Spud,

What an interesting plugin!

How secure do you intend this to be? I would LOVE to be able to open my kwikset door locks with this!

Cheers
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

How secure?

Do NOT do this. I just set this plugin up today, and was able to easily trick HS with just a photo on my phone shown to the camera. So anyone with even a half decent digital photo would be able to open your door.

I will use this to customize which screens are shown in HSTouch for some fixed screen installs, i.e. Which music presets are shown, if more advanced or simplified controls are there, and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
      Do NOT do this. I just set this plugin up today, and was able to easily trick HS with just a photo on my phone shown to the camera. So anyone with even a half decent digital photo would be able to open your door.

I will use this to customize which screens are shown in HSTouch for some fixed screen installs, i.e. Which music presets are shown, if more advanced or simplified controls are there, and etc.
      Ahhh... thanks for sharing that.

That's a great idea. Do you have your kinect situated somewhere behind the tablet\screens then?
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

How secure?

Using modified tablets and network cameras. I have a Kinect, but it's in the office.

Comment

Depending on the tablets you may even be able to run an app that acts as a webcamera by using something like IP Webcamera.
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
            Depending on the tablets you may even be able to run an app that acts as a webcamera by using something like IP Webcamera.
            That is what I was referring to with modified tablets. Root them, and then run what you want, even iPads.

Comment

Working...
            X