Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I imagine this may well be seen as a dumb question, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine this may well be seen as a dumb question, but.....

....I can't seem to find an obvious answer. And I clearly have a lot to still learn.

I am about to pull the plug on buying the HS3Pro software, the sale price is great, and I have a second location that I would like to move my current HomeTroller Zee S2 to. I have a Blue Iris dedicated computer that, for the moment at least (two cameras only), has the headroom to handle the home automation software. So, bingo, second location and an upgrade easily at hand.

But I came to the realization yesterday that I probably need something else, to communicate with the the Z-wave devices. What is this? Is it the Smartstick?

Thanks in advance! (and have a good laugh on me).

The only dumb questions are the ones you need to ask but don't.

As you've guessed, you need an interface. There are a few to choose from:
    https://shop.homeseer.com/collections/system-interfaces
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

We like the Z-net. For us, it has excellent coverage.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroGravitas View Post
        But I came to the realization yesterday that I probably need something else, to communicate with the the Z-wave devices. What is this? Is it the Smartstick?
        A Blueiris Server is perfect for HS3 and is what I use.

A SmartStick+ is the cheap way to go and a Z-net is the nicer way to go. If your BI server is in the middle of the house and its a small house you'll be just fine with the SmartStick+. Thye Z-net lets you leave the BI server in the corner of the house and put the z-wave (Z-net) antenna more central to the house and have better coverage. Some thing the antenna in the Z-net is also stronger to begin.

HS3 vs. HS3 PRO. Do your research the Pro might not be needed depending on what other software you need. I don't use PRO.

Comment

Working...
        X