This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Not Seeing Insteon Motion/photo sensor

None of my 13 2420s have seen motion or a change in light since 9:33 pm last night.

Plug in is: 1.7.3.1

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd align=right>
    HomeSeer Version:
    </TD><TD class=tablerowodd align=left>
    Standard Edition 2.5.0.49
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableroweven align=right>
    HomeSeer:
    </TD><TD class=tableroweven align=left>
    Is Registered
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd align=right>
    HomeSeer Localization:
    English (United States)
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableroweven align=right>
    Operating System:
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd align=right>
    OS Version:
    5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tableroweven align=right>
    Number of Devices:
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd align=right></TD><TD class=tablerowodd align=left>
    </TD></TR><TR style="DISPLAY: none" id=x10><TD colSpan=2 align=center>
    <TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=x10unique border=0 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000080 cellPadding=3 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 noWrap align=left>A:9</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 noWrap align=left>C:9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 noWrap align=left>N:1, 2, 3, 14, 15, 16</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 noWrap align=left>O:13</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD><TR><TD class=tableroweven align=right>
    Number of Events:
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

All of the 2420s appear to have their links in place.

Device Link Table

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Link #1</TD><TD>Occupancy Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #2</TD><TD>Dusk/Dawn Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR><TR><TD>Link #3</TD><TD>Low Battery Warning has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Steps taken:
    Update Interface Database
    Reset and Reprogram Interface
    Reset PLM
    Shut down and restarted HomeSeer

= no affect.

Have been doing a lot of reprogramming keypad lincs in the past few days, but system has been stable and 2420s reliable.

Any ideas?

Thank You

if you display the links from the interface do you see the three links from the MSs?

also, what about if you hold a MS next to the plm, does it see the msgs?

remote possibility: any major RF noise in the house
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Currently linked devices page shows all devices other than the PLM. Is there someway to look at the PLM specifically?

If I put a 2420 in linking mode, it communicates with the software (presumably through the PLM) just fine.

There are several wireless RF links in the house. Most of the 2420s are within 10 feet of a link. All other functions appear to be fine.

Comment

No new or changed sources of electrical noise. Nothing has been added or gone bad that I know of. As far as RF noise, not that I can think of.

Comment

Additional Information

The 2420s that have links to Insteon devices in addition to the PLM are still controlling those devices directly. But nothing is registering in the application. There is a 2420 in the room with my dedicated HomeSeer PC about 3 feet away and the PLM doens't see it. I can put it in linking mode and it will read the 2420.

Comment

Update

I had concluded that the 2420s couldn't all fail at the same time and they were clearly working (at least those with direct links to other devices).

Next steps:

Downloaded the links - totaled 992! (last time I looked was around 460)
            Reset the interface.
            Downloaded links again - total 0.
            Shut down application.
            Shut down computer.
            Restarted.
            Based on display, appeared that 2420 status changes were appearing.
            Downloaded the links - totaled 479
            Walk tested, all seems to be working fine.

Mysterious.

Comment

i think the plm just freaked out there. Other users have just unplugged if for a few minutes and then restarted the box and everything came back online
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I think you are right. Hadn't unplugged the PLM. Should have tried that early on. Everything seems to have returned to normal.

Comment

Working...
                X