X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped working

Hi there

Last weekend we implemented our new server - a Windows 8 laptop. We bought USB to serial adapters, installed them and all worked perfectly including the temperature logging with pjc3145a

Yesterday it suddenly stopped working and re-starting Homeseer gives the error "Serial Port does not Exist"

I've tried lots of things - changing ports, swapping the USB to serial adapters to no avail.

Any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks
    Jez

Hi Jez,

Long time no speak!

I'm sure you know this but plugging a USB to serial adaptor in different USB ports will register it to a different com port. Have you checked the actual comport number in device manager under ports?
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

Yes, it's been a few years but I'm back on the Homeseer case now! I got p*ssed off with this forum when my messages about Homeseer Phone were removed - because I dared to be critical about the inability to use an ordinary fax modem in the latest version!

Anyway, I've tried all that, swapped things around, deleted the port and recreated it. The port looks fine in Windows, is defined correctly in the plugin but it just won't work.

I'm tempted to remove the plugin and reinstall it but not sure how and don't want to lose the licence.
      Might also try the hardware on a different PC to test if it busted.

Thanks for your suggestions

Jez

Comment

Yes I remember the HSPhone debacle!

I've emailed Phil so hopefully he will respond.
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jez

The only thing I can suggest is you switch on the debug feature of the plugin and see if it receiving any data.

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil

I've done that and all I'm getting is lots of Save Sensor Graph messages (incidentally I've never had any graphs produced!)

Jez

Comment

Update

I've downloaded and installed the Temperature Logger application and was surprised that it works which proves that the hardware is working. And yet I still get the 'serial port not found' error from the plugin in Homeseer.
              So, I removed the pjc3145a plugin and reinstalled it but the same error is still occurring.

I'm flummoxed - please help!

Jez

Comment

Working...
              X