Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have attached the log. I took a quick look at the log and I do see 78 in there, so it looks like it's seeing the value change. I'm just not seeing it coming out of Homeseer, but Homeseer is getting updates from some Sonoff devices running Tasmota so the communication with Mosquitto looks like it's working.

Those other changes you mentioned about getting it to a single device would be great and simplify it a lot.

Dave
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Something else I recognize is not as convenient as desired is how two HS3 Devices are used with one for status and the other for control. In my next update I will let the user specify the Ref property of MQTT control/cmnd Topics. This way one device will be setup based upon a Topic received and then the same Ref can be used when the command topic is entered.
      Michael

I was dealing with this last night and worked around it however this change would make dealing with an MQTT device a lot easier...

Thankyou
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

The update for allowing single HS3 device providing receive status from one Topic and controlling a different topic. A convenient UI was also provided from the HS3 Device Management page. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_2_0.zip

When a received Topic is Accepted a text box is provided to identify the Topic that commands will be delivered. I was not able to get the real-time update on the mcsMQTT setup page to work as desired. This means that Refresh/Rebuild button is needed to see the available text boxes for newly Accepted devices.

Comment

Michael

Thankyou, setup the sonoff device and now its only one device....perfect. I've got a bunch of globes and led strip wifi devices enroute from Aliexpress to play with....

Your last change has made things so much easier

Pete

P.S for on and off could you make it On and Off...its currently ON and OFF (uppercase) please :-) ;-)
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Michael

Just did a little testing....when I had the two entries for the device I could confirm when I turned the sonoff on that it had actually turned on (via the status returned) ie: /stat/sonoff/POWER=ON

With the one current entry I power down the sonoff and then click the web page ie: on/off and the web page status changes....

Is it possible to only allow the status change on the web page when it receives the return status from the device? This then ensures the device carried out the command...

Peter
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

It makes since in this context to expect the Matt responder explicitly update status. I will change that on next update.

For on, off, open, close I attempt to use the same case as is being used by the received payload. ON, on, and On are explicitly checked to get the proper format. Can you give me a specific example where case does not follow?

Comment

Michael

Its the upper/lowercase on the web page. The device underneath was created manually...Its just "visual"

Thanks for considering the change to reflect the true status of the device on message received..
                Attached Files
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

The first of the two look to be created by mcsMQTT plugin with the ON and OFF labeled buttons containing that case because either ON or OFF was last received at time device was created. Since MQTT topic and payload is, in general, case-sensitive it should be important to send the full upper case ON or OFF to elicit the proper response at the subscribing client. If I was to hard-code everything to use the format you are showing for the second device then there is no assurance the subscribed client will understand it.

Am not not understanding the issue?

Comment

Michael

The 2nd entry was a manual one I created ages ago, HS fills the boxes with On and Off when creating a virtual device.

In the device your plug creates, it has UPPERCASE ON and OFF. This is just visual, I understand why it does this as per your post, all good :-)
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

FYI, just deployed a bunch of DS18b20 temp sensors on a remote WeMOS sending Mqtt messages to HS....

Thanks for all your work, this plugin is a real game changer

Pete
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Michael

For temp sensors, is it possible to get the full value and not rounded ?

Value 43.8 = "44"

Is this done in HS or in the plugin ?

And that is currently celcius, it is 111.2F outside on my balcony....

Pete
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Yes a little warm for you now. I believe you can specify whatever resolution you desire with Device Management / Advanced for each device. It is possible that I could have made it an integer as I try to deal with comma/period regional settings. Let me know if I need to work this area or it is just your settings. I know by default that 0 decimal positions is used when the device is created.

Comment

Hi Michael

Under advanced there is no ability to change the resolution of the device. This is the string that tasmota sends:

"Time":"2017-12-24T02:35:34","Switch1":"ON","DS18B21":{"Temperature":38.3,}, "TempUnit":"C"}

If you can easily allow the full value then great, if it makes the whole issue unwieldly then leave it as it is....Hot is hot no matter what decimal point :-)

Cheers..Pete
                            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

My mistake on Advanced. It is on Status-Graphics tab.

Comment

Michael

OK, had not seen that option before, that did the trick.... thankyou :-)

Pete
                                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                                X