Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale YRD220 Z-Wave settings issues

Hi,

I have two of these locks, I add them to my server using the Z-wave plugin.
    No issues adding it, but for some reason the 2 identical lock aren't getting the same configuration...

One the manufacturer is saw has Assa Abloy (ID=0x129) with application version 33.32
    The other the manufacturer is saw has Vision Security (ID=0x109)
    with application version 25.24

And this is the same lock, maybe the Z-wave module is different, but when I was on Vera, I could see those two identical and the settings are the same.
    Now in HS3 the settings I have them all in the first lock, but they are not present in the second lock (operating mode, audio mode, language, autolock mode, tamper threshold and tamper lock period) are not there!

So, why is that? And could I manually change the ID of the second lock to put it just like the first lock? Because I know that all those options was functional on the second lock just like the first lock...

Thanks,
    Joel

I recall adding my Yale locks with my Znet real close to them as it didn't add properly the first time.

Comment

just to make things more interesting

I added a YRD220 lock a few days ago and I see:
      Manufacturer: Assa Abloy Type:0x2 ID: 0xAA00 Listens:Yes (Beam 1000ms) Version: 3.34 (ZDK 4.53) Firmware: 33.32

I also have another one (added long time ago) and it shows:
      Manufacturer: Assa Abloy Type: 0x2 ID: 0x0 Listens:Yes (Beam 1000ms) Version: 3.34 (ZDK 4.53) Firmware: 33.32

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
        I recall adding my Yale locks with my Znet real close to them as it didn't add properly the first time.
        Okay, I'm trying to bring my Znet close using the Wifi instead of Ethernet cable... IT's really strange, when connected to Ethernet, I can ping both Ethernet and Wifi IP. But when the Ethernet is not connected after powering up the unit, it never ping to either Ethernet/Wifi address. And looking to my Wifi router, I can see it coming up as the Ethernet IP address (static) and sometime it switch to the initial DHCP IP Address before I have configured all static IP addresses. But even the DHCP IP is not pingeable!

It is not possible to use it only with Wifi connection?
        Last edited by ; January 25, 2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Got more information on this strange behaviour... When I plug the Ethernet cable and power on the ZNet, everything is pingeable... I then disconnect the Ethernet cable, and still all IP are pingeable (Wifi and Ethernet IP).
          Can someone explain me how this work? Should this work differently?

Comment

Originally posted by 838Joel View Post
            Okay, I'm trying to bring my Znet close using the Wifi instead of Ethernet cable... IT's really strange, when connected to Ethernet, I can ping both Ethernet and Wifi IP. But when the Ethernet is not connected after powering up the unit, it never ping to either Ethernet/Wifi address. And looking to my Wifi router, I can see it coming up as the Ethernet IP address (static) and sometime it switch to the initial DHCP IP Address before I have configured all static IP addresses. But even the DHCP IP is not pingeable!

It is not possible to use it only with Wifi connection?
            I just had a real long cable to move Znet closer

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
              I just had a real long cable to move Znet closer
              I thought about it, but should the wifi do the job?
              To my understanding the wifi should work without Ethernet connection, so I'm worried that I have a defective unit here and if it's the case I will RMA it immediately and get a working unit!

I opened a new thread about the wifi issue https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...36#post1347336
              Once that is resolve and will get back to this thread for the Yale locks issues
              Last edited by ; January 27, 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Okay, I really had a defect unit, so I'm waiting for the replacement.
                As soon I got it, I will troubleshoot further on this thread!
                Talk to you soon....

Comment

Okay I'm back online with a working Z-Net unit all well configured. I did re-include my two locks as before and still the same!
                  I was really close to the lock with my Z-Net wifi connected and a battery pack to power it. So I couldn't be more close to the lock.

So what are my option here to fix it?

- Get a new zwave module for the lock that send to be an older version!
                  - Have HS to check it and fix it
                  - contact Yale to fix it (but under warranty anymore)
                  - possible way to upgrade the zwave module?

Well to me I should have the she configuration for the same lock, which is not the case.

Thanks for any advice,
                  Joel

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X