Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home and HA-Bridge still work?

Hi all,

I just got a Google Home mini and want to know if I can use this with the ha-bridge to control my lights and other homeseer stuff. I saw some earlier threads saying it works, but also saw that the local functionality may be broken now.

Is anyone currently using ha-bridge with GH?

I'm using it for alexa, but from what I know it no longer works since they moved to cloud base not local control. So I'm gonna say 99% you cant use google home with it. But alexa does work.

Comment

Thanks integlikewhoa,

I was hoping that was not the case. I do use Alexa today with the ha-bridge but was thinking of making the GH my main voice control device. I don't really want to use the myHS remote service as I use a VPN today to access everything I need.

Comment

I am still using ha-bride with HS. It continues to work. Also, any new devices that I add automatically show up. I think that the tricky part is the setup. I set mine up a long time ago. I think that in order to get it setup you have to install/use an old version of the Home app.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Just FYI for anyone that stumbles onto this thread. Google finally nerfed the local Hue connection so now there is not chance of ha-bridge integration. They forced a relink and linking no longer works for local.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

I second that -- it was actually what gave me the final shove to try out Homeseer!

Used to have a z-wave setup with a Fibaro controller, working with Google Home via HA-bridge on a RPi. Really annoyed when it got borked with still no word from Fibaro about whether they'd ever support GH. I'm still very new to Homeseer but so far I'm already impressed they got on board with "proper" GH integration

Comment

Working...
            X